China Truck Makers to Come Out as Winners from the Belt & Road Initiative
www.chinatrucks.com: In 2016, the export of Chinese complete trucks is 186,000 units. Sinotruk exports one third of annual production and Foton sells around 58,000 units, up by 9% year on year. “From 2011 to 2014, SHACMAN maintains an export of 10,000 units every year”, said Zhang Xiaohui, “SHACMAN remains export over 5,000 units in 2016 despite of low demands in international market due to sluggish economy and decreasing price of crude oil.”
The Belt and Road Initiative, a development strategy was proposed by China in 2013. Three years later, the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation is held in Beijing in May 2017, indicating the great importance to which China attached.
Currently, the export of Chinese trucks is mainly in developing countries in Middle Asia and Southeast Asia, which are also the countries alongside the “Belt and Road”. The “Belt and Road” brings new opportunities for Chinese trucks in overseas market not only to deepen mature markets but to explore new markets.
It is believed that with the deepening of the “Belt and Road” heavy truck will see great chances because of the increasing infrastructure projects and increasing chances in overseas project construction. Tractors and dumpers take a large share in export. For example, over 80% export of SHACMAN heavy trucks are tractors and dumpers.
Previously, Chinese trucks are always impressed as “low quality and low price” compared with European and American high-end trucks. And the export is mainly to developing countries in Africa and Southeast Asia. This situation is changing in recent years and some companies are trying to explore the high-end market.
SINOTRUK is speeding up the arrangement in Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, etc. and fighting for entering the world’s top automobile manufacturers. Foton also comes up with strategic plan in product upgrade and structure adjustment which is to transmit from medium level products to high-end products by introducing new products based on current ones.
- Foton Forland Held its 2018 Mid-term Business Conference in Harbin 2018-08-15
- Foton Motor Launched Auman EST A in Malaysia 2018-08-13
- Foton and Italian Piaggio Group Compeletes Final Step in Partnership for LCV 2018-07-20
- New Foton Auman ETX Car Transporter Delivered to Customers 2018-07-18
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand 2018-07-13
- Foton Auman EST Rolls out a New Version for Transporting Dangerous Chemicals 2018-07-06
- Foton Aumark Launches After-sales Service Campaign in Iran 2018-07-06
- 100 Foton Light Trucks Delivered to Vietnam J&T Express 2018-07-03
- FOTON Opened Its 25th Philippine Dealership - Talisay Dealership 2018-06-28
- Foton Aumark Electric Logistics Vehicle Attends EVTec China 2018 2018-06-26
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November