China Truck Makers to Come Out as Winners from the Belt & Road Initiative
www.chinatrucks.com: In 2016, the export of Chinese complete trucks is 186,000 units. Sinotruk exports one third of annual production and Foton sells around 58,000 units, up by 9% year on year. “From 2011 to 2014, SHACMAN maintains an export of 10,000 units every year”, said Zhang Xiaohui, “SHACMAN remains export over 5,000 units in 2016 despite of low demands in international market due to sluggish economy and decreasing price of crude oil.”
The Belt and Road Initiative, a development strategy was proposed by China in 2013. Three years later, the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation is held in Beijing in May 2017, indicating the great importance to which China attached.
Currently, the export of Chinese trucks is mainly in developing countries in Middle Asia and Southeast Asia, which are also the countries alongside the “Belt and Road”. The “Belt and Road” brings new opportunities for Chinese trucks in overseas market not only to deepen mature markets but to explore new markets.
It is believed that with the deepening of the “Belt and Road” heavy truck will see great chances because of the increasing infrastructure projects and increasing chances in overseas project construction. Tractors and dumpers take a large share in export. For example, over 80% export of SHACMAN heavy trucks are tractors and dumpers.
Previously, Chinese trucks are always impressed as “low quality and low price” compared with European and American high-end trucks. And the export is mainly to developing countries in Africa and Southeast Asia. This situation is changing in recent years and some companies are trying to explore the high-end market.
SINOTRUK is speeding up the arrangement in Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, etc. and fighting for entering the world’s top automobile manufacturers. Foton also comes up with strategic plan in product upgrade and structure adjustment which is to transmit from medium level products to high-end products by introducing new products based on current ones.
- Foton Signs MOC with Cummins and Launches the Second Stage of China Super Truck 2017-10-19
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation 2017-10-18
- Expo 2017 Astana: Foton Creating the Sole Designated Vehicles of China Pavilion 2017-09-11
- Foton Opens Philippines Marilao Bulacan Dealership 2017-08-25
- 7 Heavy Truck Enterprises to Split the 50 bn Market Cake in Logistics Industry 2017-06-08
- Foton Motor Commercial Vehicles Powering the Belt and Road Initiative 2017-06-07
- EXPO2017: Foton Became the Sole Supplier of Designated Vehicle of China Pavilion 2017-05-19
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales 2017-05-16
- Top Ten Rankings for Medium Trucks in April, 2017 2017-05-16
- Shanghai Autoshow: Foton to Launch Aumark S1 Super Light Truck 2017-04-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April