China's Linglong Tyre considering European Factory
Shandong province, China-based Linglong Tires is considering a European factory. In the wake of media reports, Tyres & Accessories spoke with company representatives and learnt that a number of locations in both Eastern and Western Europe are being considered.
Locations in the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia and even Belgium are said to be the subject of discussions. Reports began flowing after Czech president Milos Zeman met with the chairman of the Chinese commission supervising banks and a representative of tyre maker Linglong Tire.
At this point in time, the company was reportedly looking for where to establish the next phase of its 3+3 production strategy, which calls for Linglong to invest in three Chinese production basis on the mainland and three outside of China. Tyres & Accessories understands that the European talks referred to the concept of bringing a new tyre factory to Europe.
Wang Feng’s face-to-face with Czech President, US plant next
Indeed on 12 May 2017, Wang Feng (the chairman of Linglong Tire) had a face-to-face talk with Czech president, Milos Zeman, in Beijing to discuss the future investment environment.
During the meeting, President Zeman expressed his opinion on Linglong Tire’s overseas investment plan and strategy, and said that Czech government would give full support to Linglong and hoped Linglong could fully consider Czech as the its main investment intention.
In response Wang Feng expressed his sincere welcome to the president and his team, and gave a brief introduction to Linglong’s 3+3 strategy and sales condition. By the end of 2020, the company will complete the two overseas production bases in America and Europe, gradually realizing the layout of three foreign production bases. At that time the annual production capacity will reach 80 million units. Meanwhile, the company is also studying the investment projects in Eastern European countries such as Czech, Poland and Hungary.
Linglong also met Slovakian government officials
www.chinatrucks.com: On 18 May the Slovakian ambassador to China, Dusan Bella, and economic counselor, Miroslav Tomo, paid a visit to Linglong Tire. They visited Linglong’s R&D centre and PCR plant number six in Zhaoyuan as well as Linglong Tire’s HQ, accompanied by Liu Zhancun, vice president of Linglong Tire, and Li Wei, deputy general manager of Linglong Tire. The two guests reportedly spoke highly of Linglong tyre’s technical level and intelligent manufacturing level.
After the visit, the two sides held what have been characterised as “friendly talks”. Ambassador Dusan Bella and counsellor Miroslav TOMO introduced Slovakian investment policy and taxation and labour provisions to Linglong Tire and said that Slovakian government was willing to communicate directly with Linglong Tire and provide accurate and reliable information and policy to help Linglong to build its second overseas manufacturing base.
Linglong’s news also follows the company’s erstwhile attempts to buy Kumho – a bid the firm was ultimately outmanoeuvred in by fellow Shandong firm Doublestar. This is significant in the context of the European factory news because the construction of a European plant was also the “plan B” of Apollo Tyres when its own large-scale acquisition of Cooper Tires foundered a few years ago.
According to the latest research, Shandong Linglong is the fourth largest Chinese tyre manufacturer with 2016 sales of 10.5 billion yuan).
- 2017 Linglong Tire Africa & Middle East Business Successfully Held 2017-10-18
- Linglong Listed as the Asia’s 500 Most Influential Brands 2017 2017-10-10
- Linglong on CITEXPO Shanghai 2017-09-07
- Linglong Shines off at China International Tire Expo 2017-08-29
- Tire Brands Listed among Top 100 Import & Export Enterprises in Shandong 2017-08-03
- First Chinese 3D printing Polyurethane tire Successfully Developed 2017-07-13
- Linglong Team Wins 2017 China Truck Racing Championship 2017-07-12
- Linglong’s Brand Value Reaching RMB 30.563 Billion in 2017 2017-07-05
- Linglong Opens Two New Subsidiaries in Luxembourg and Mexico 2017-07-04
- Linglong at Latin American&Caribbean Tyre Expo 2017-06-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April