BYD Unveils Its Pioneering "Fully Sustainable Power Solutions"
www.chinatrucks.com: Renewable energy technology company BYD has announced the latest development of its “Fully Sustainable Power Solutions”, a renewable energy business model for advancing its energy storage system, as the company pointed to its success in combining it with photovoltaics.
A case study highlighting frequency regulation, one of the benefits of the “Fully Sustainable Power Solutions”, was presented at Intersolar Europe 2017, the solar industry’s biggest trade show. The public showcase comes a year after this business model was unveiled at the same event. The contract for a 60MWh UK project was also signed then.
Results from the 60MWh UK project a year on show that BYD’s energy storage system has operated smoothly over these 12 months. The system responds quickly to the grid’s demand, matching over 99% of aggregate demand with five to six cycles every day. This frequency regulation project is the biggest of its kind in the UK to date.
Tom Zhao, Managing Director of BYD Solar Division said the success of the project is proof that the revolutionary business model works. “We want to pave the way for more projects to follow suit so that the new energy market becomes bigger and better,” he said. “There is a potential demand of 100MWh in a similar project in the UK alone, and over 200MWh worldwide.”
BYD also announced its ambition to integrate its energy storage systems with wind power this year, before eventually merging the system with all types of renewable energy generation. This will give consumers and businesses a more stable supply of clean energy and increase the functionality of renewable power generation stations.
Some of the company’s innovations were also on display at the Munich trade show. These included its residential energy storage system B-Box, the Mini ES and four new state-of-the-art polycrystalline and monocrystalline silicon solar panels.
One of these panels, the double-side dual-glass monocrystalline silicon solar panel no longer bears the risk of potential induced degradation (energy loss) or “snail trail” discoloration effect, and it is designed to be more resilient to bad weather.
- BYD’s Truck Chief Confident About Future Battery-Electric Trucks's Growth 2017-10-31
- BYD’s First Overseas Photovoltaic Research Center Set up in Brazil 2017-06-23
- BYD to Start Producing Electric Sanitation Vehicle in Its New Laoting Base 2017-06-07
- BYD to Supply 11 Zero-Emission Electric Trucks to San Francisco Goodwill 2017-05-10
- Heavy-Duty Truck Going Electric and Expects Growth in Near Future 2017-05-09
- BYD Unveils Class 8 Battery-Electric Refuse Truck at 2017 ACT Expo 2017-05-04
- BYD Electric Yard Truck to Make Demonstration in USA 2017-05-04
- BYD to Supply 11 Zero-emission Battery Electric Trucks to American SF Goodwill 2017-04-10
- BYD Delivers the first 27 Zero Emissions Trucks in USA 2017-03-15
- BYD Signs a Deal with a Canada Bus&Truck Company 2017-02-06
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April