Iveco Receives an Order for 400 New Gen Trucks from Swiss Army
www.chinatrucks.com: Iveco Defence Vehicles (DV) has signed a contract to supply 400 trucks between 2017 and 2021 to the Swiss Armed Forces.
The agreement was signed at the powertrain R&D center belonging to Iveco Defence Vehicles’ CNH Industrial sister brand FPT Industrial in Arbon, Switzerland on May 2, 2017.
This initial delivery order forms part of a frame contract for a new fleet consisting of special trucks to be delivered from 2016 through to 2022. The frame contract was awarded to Iveco DV in November 2015, following two years of thorough market evaluation and comprehensive practical trials with several demonstrator chassis.
As with previous contracts, vehicle drive configurations will comprise a range of variants, including 4x2, 4x4, 6x2, 6x6, 8x6 and 8x8 vehicles from the new Stralis and Trakker ranges, which will be supplied with a range of different equipment, some with protected cabins.
“Projecting and producing tailor-made vehicles adapted to the specific needs of our customers is always an interesting challenge for us,” explains Vincenzo Giannelli, President & CEO of Iveco Defence Vehicles. “This latest frame contract bid provided us with an excellent opportunity to improve innovation and research for a new generation of trucks.”
The high level of technology fitted in the vehicles, together with the extended use of civil COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) components are fundamental to ensuring the required safety and operability of the fleet. All vehicles will be fully-compliant with Euro 6 emissions regulations and fit for Single-Fuel-Operation.
The new fleet of vehicles joins the current EEV-truck-generation, which Iveco DV has delivered to the Swiss Armed Forces over the past five years.
- 20 Units Iveco Daily Delivered to Xi’an Railway Administration 2018-03-13
- Iveco Daily Set to Make its Debut at CCVS 2017 2017-10-30
- Iveco to Supply 500 New Stralis NP Trucks to Jost Group 2017-10-24
- Iveco to Attend China Fire Expo 2017 2017-09-04
- IVECO To Build STRALLS Down Under 2017-07-31
- IVECO Launches New EURO6 Daily Range 2017-05-02
- IVECO Plege 10-truck Brisbane Truck Show 2017-04-12
- IVECO Receives "NGV Global Industry Champion" award for Dedicating to NGVs 2017-03-31
- Iveco returns to Kenya in partnership with GMC to set up Sh2.3Bn plant 2017-03-29
- IVECO Awarded with two prizes in the fields of alternative fuels 2017-03-02
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November