BYD’s First Overseas Photovoltaic Research Center Set up in Brazil
www.chinatrucks.com: On June 21, BYD Company Ltd. – a global leader in clean energy and the world’s largest manufacturer of batteries and electric vehicles – signed a letter of cooperation with Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Unicamp), in which the company commits to transfer over R$ 5 million (approximately 1.5 million USD) by 2020 to set up BYD’s first overseas Photovoltaic Research Center at the university. The ceremony was attended by China’s Vice Minister of Industry and Information Technology, Xin Guobin; BYD’s Global Vice President, Stella Li; The President of BYD’s Brazilian branch, Tyler Li; and the dean of Unicamp, Marcelo Knobel.
Tyler Li, Stella Li, Marcelo Knobel (center), and Xin Guobin celebrate the cooperation
“With a global R&D staff of over 20,000 engineers and researchers, and featuring amongst Fortune Magazine’s “15 companies changing the world”, the importance BYD gives to technological research is very clear. Our company is a true leader in the technology sector, and such leadership greatly relies on investing in local research and development.” says Stella Li, BYD’s global vice president. The company opened its solar panel factory in Campinas this April and thus became the first in Brazil to offer comprehensive zero emission energy ecosystem projects – with generation, storage and transportation – to the local market.
The agreement aims to establish cooperation between BYD and Unicamp in scientific research and technological development activities. “For Unicamp, it is a great opportunity to establish the foundations of a partnership with BYD that promises to be very fruitful, by following the precept of innovation in technological development from the very start. The company chose Campinas as its base in Brazil, and we are convinced that Unicamp will be an important partner in research and development in the field of photovoltaic, which will certainly lead to the establishment of other collaborations in the future, always in search of a sustainable future.” Said Marcelo Knobel, dean of Unicamp.
BYD’s investment is a counterpart of the federal government’s PADIS (Program of Support to the Technological Development of the Semiconductor Industry and Displays), under which the company is registered. Gradual contributions will be made annually, according to Research and Development revenues. In 2017 and 2018, the percentage will be 4% and in 2019 and 2020 it will reach 5% of net sales in the domestic market. “As a high-tech company, BYD’s goal is to bring the best of the world’s technology into the country, always generating more innovation,” adds BYD President in Brazil, Tyler Li.
- BYD’s Truck Chief Confident About Future Battery-Electric Trucks's Growth 2017-10-31
- BYD to Start Producing Electric Sanitation Vehicle in Its New Laoting Base 2017-06-07
- BYD Unveils Its Pioneering "Fully Sustainable Power Solutions" 2017-06-06
- BYD to Supply 11 Zero-Emission Electric Trucks to San Francisco Goodwill 2017-05-10
- Heavy-Duty Truck Going Electric and Expects Growth in Near Future 2017-05-09
- BYD Unveils Class 8 Battery-Electric Refuse Truck at 2017 ACT Expo 2017-05-04
- BYD Electric Yard Truck to Make Demonstration in USA 2017-05-04
- BYD to Supply 11 Zero-emission Battery Electric Trucks to American SF Goodwill 2017-04-10
- BYD Delivers the first 27 Zero Emissions Trucks in USA 2017-03-15
- BYD Signs a Deal with a Canada Bus&Truck Company 2017-02-06
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April