Daimler India Ships the 10,000th Export Truck
www.chinatrucks.com: Chennai, May 31 (UNI) Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) today celebrated an important milestone when it shipped the 10,000th export truck.
Less than four years after the kick-off, the 10,000th exports vehicle rolled onto the ship at Kamarajar Port at Ennore near Chennai.
The milestone vehicle, a Mercedes-Benz 40-ton heavy- duty tractor for a customer in Indonesia, was part of a batch of about 250 trucks on the way to various markets in South-East Asia.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Marc Llistosella, Head of Daimler Trucks Asia said “10,000 trucks exported are only a start. We are leveraging additional potentials in growth markets with reliable, efficient high-quality trucks built at our Indian manufacturing plant.'
'There will be continuous significant growth in this business for our FUSO and Mercedes-Benz brands', he added.
DICV’s export product range, manufactured on the same production lines as its domestic BharatBenz portfolio according to global Daimler standards, features medium-duty (9-16 tonnes) and heavy-duty (16-49 tonnes) trucks.
Developed and rigorously tested to meet the diverse requirements of the target markets in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America, they were opening additional growth opportunities for Daimler Trucks.
Mr Erich Nesselhauf, Managing Director and CEO, Daimler India Commercial Vehicles said “Our exports business has been developing extremely well. Since the launch in 2013, we have doubled our figures each year and we aim for further significant growth as we will expand to serve more than 40 markets on three continents by the end of the year.”
Beyond completely built trucks, DICV has already exported more than 1,000 bus chassis produced at its bus plant and is ramping up volumes of its Mercedes-Benz school bus which has been launched in the Middle East.
The company has also been supplying FUSO truck CKD kits to Kenya for local assembly by a FUSO partner in Kenya since March 2016 and to Daimler Truck’s production plant in East London/South Africa, where local assembly just begun this month.
- Daimler to Start Producing Fuso Trucks in Thailand in 2018 2017-06-23
- Daimler's Brand "Bharat Benz" Trucks Crosses 50,000 Sales Mark in India 2017-06-20
- Daimler, Volvo Using India as an Export Hub for Its Trucks and Buses 2017-05-09
- Daimler Debuts Actros with Telligent Technology 2017-02-14
- Daimler’s Global Truck Chief Bernhard Resigns 2017-02-13
- Daimler to Celebrate a Century of Innovation 2017-02-03
- Daimler Grows Market Share in Mexico 2016-12-12
- Daimler Trucks:How to Meet Company’s Evolving Customer Needs 2016-11-18
- Foton Daimler Super Truck Make Public Appearance in Shanghai 2016-11-15
- Foton Daimler Works with Weichai to Promote Port Vehicles 2015-09-01
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Daimler India Ships the 10,000th Export Truck
- BYD’s First Overseas Photovoltaic Research Center Set up in Brazil
- Daimler to Start Producing Fuso Trucks in Thailand in 2018
- Sinotruk Ranked 11 among the "Top 30 Enterprises in Automobile Industry"
- Driveless Truck 'Platoons' Head for Australia's Main Roads
- Truck Alliance Wins Two Awards in 2017 FT/IFC Transformational Business Award
- JAC Motors to Build Strong Global Brand by Launching New Upgrade Strategy
- Tata, Hyundai to Boost Sales of CV in Indonesia
- Sales of Heavy Trucks in Indonesia Jump in 2017
- AIIB President Visits SINOTRUK
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April
- Data Shows China Pickup Builders Move Further into Overseas Market
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales
- Top Ten Rankings for Medium Trucks in April, 2017
- FAW Jiefang Takes a Narrow Lead in Heavy Truck Segment in April
- CV Builders Enjoys Record Sales in March, 2017
- CAAM: 284,000 Heavy Trucks Sold in Q1