Daimler India Ships the 10,000th Export Truck
www.chinatrucks.com: Chennai, May 31 (UNI) Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) today celebrated an important milestone when it shipped the 10,000th export truck.
Less than four years after the kick-off, the 10,000th exports vehicle rolled onto the ship at Kamarajar Port at Ennore near Chennai.
The milestone vehicle, a Mercedes-Benz 40-ton heavy- duty tractor for a customer in Indonesia, was part of a batch of about 250 trucks on the way to various markets in South-East Asia.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Marc Llistosella, Head of Daimler Trucks Asia said “10,000 trucks exported are only a start. We are leveraging additional potentials in growth markets with reliable, efficient high-quality trucks built at our Indian manufacturing plant.'
'There will be continuous significant growth in this business for our FUSO and Mercedes-Benz brands', he added.
DICV’s export product range, manufactured on the same production lines as its domestic BharatBenz portfolio according to global Daimler standards, features medium-duty (9-16 tonnes) and heavy-duty (16-49 tonnes) trucks.
Developed and rigorously tested to meet the diverse requirements of the target markets in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America, they were opening additional growth opportunities for Daimler Trucks.
Mr Erich Nesselhauf, Managing Director and CEO, Daimler India Commercial Vehicles said “Our exports business has been developing extremely well. Since the launch in 2013, we have doubled our figures each year and we aim for further significant growth as we will expand to serve more than 40 markets on three continents by the end of the year.”
Beyond completely built trucks, DICV has already exported more than 1,000 bus chassis produced at its bus plant and is ramping up volumes of its Mercedes-Benz school bus which has been launched in the Middle East.
The company has also been supplying FUSO truck CKD kits to Kenya for local assembly by a FUSO partner in Kenya since March 2016 and to Daimler Truck’s production plant in East London/South Africa, where local assembly just begun this month.
- Daimler Unveils Two Heavy-duty Electric Trucks in Race with Tesla 2018-06-08
- Daimler Brings New Garbage Truck to North America Market 2018-04-27
- Daimler Takes the Latest Trucks Actros and Arocs to Middle East and Africa 2018-03-09
- Daimler India Starts Production of Mini Truck for Exports 2018-02-28
- Geely Likely to Purchase a Below 3% Stake in Daimler 2018-02-07
- Daimler India Posted 28% growth in 2017 with 16717 units 2018-02-06
- Daimler to End the Full Year with Unit Sales in the Magnitude of 465,000 Trucks 2018-01-02
- Daimler Adapts as Mexico's Demand for Cabover Engine Truck Growing 2017-12-08
- Daimler Brings Two New Cabover Tractors to Mexican Market 2017-11-22
- Daimler Presents Its Mercedes-Benz Urban eTruck Before Tesla's Truck Event 2017-11-15
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November