Russian Kamaz to Invest $57 mln in Construction of Senegal Assembly Plant
www.chinatrucks.com: Russia’s truck manufacturer Kamaz plans to invest 50 million euro ($57 million) in the construction of an assembly plant in Senegal at its first stage, the company’s chief executive officer was quoted in a media report.
"Currently Senegal’s government is at the final round of talks with the Russian Agency for Export Credit and Investment Insurance (EXIAR) on state guarantee for deals planned by Kamaz, which exceed 50 mln euro at the first stage. After that we are getting to, in fact, we’ve already started Senegal-based Kamaz assembly plant engineering," Sergei Kogogin was quoted as saying by Russian news agency Tass.
According to Kogogin, the cooperation complies with top-level agreements. The Russian Export Center, or REC, plays an important role in the cooperation as it provides insurance of all transactions, CEO said, adding that the government of Senegal has to extend a guarantee under a commercial loan of Russian banks for financing the deal under EXIAR’s guarantee.
The country’s government has provided a building in an industrial park to Kamaz, he added.
Earlier Kogogin said the company had made a contract on supplies of 400 cars with Senegal.
Kamaz is the largest automobile corporation in Russia. The company produces trucks, trailers, buses, tractors, engines, power units, and different tools. The group of the process chain includes 11 large automobile plants.
Kamaz is 16th among the leading global producers of heavy tracks and 8th in terms of diesel engines output volume. The largest shareholding belongs to the state through state-owned Rostec (49.9 per cent).
- Russian KamAZ Plans Unitl 2020 to Supply Over 1,000 Trucks to Philippines 2017-06-14
- Brilliance Auto to Cooperate with Russian Heavy Truck Maker Kamaz 2014-05-07
- WXDEW Showcases at Russian CTT 2013-07-24
- Dongfeng Plans to Assemble Trucks in Russia 2012-10-26
- Will the Sharp Export Drop to Russia Inflict Heavy Losses on the Asian Vehicle Market? 2012-10-23
- Russian truck maker KamAZ resumes work after three-week halt 2009-05-13
- Daimler to Take 10% Stake in Russian Truck Maker 2008-12-18
- Russian truck maker to ask govt for $1 bln -paper 2008-10-31
- Facing global financial crisis Russian car makers reduce production 2008-10-08
- Sinotruk cooperates with Russian ZIL to develop Russian market 2008-08-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Russian Kamaz to Invest $57 mln in Construction of Senegal Assembly Plant
- Daimler India Ships the 10,000th Export Truck
- BYD’s First Overseas Photovoltaic Research Center Set up in Brazil
- Daimler to Start Producing Fuso Trucks in Thailand in 2018
- Sinotruk Ranked 11 among the "Top 30 Enterprises in Automobile Industry"
- Driveless Truck 'Platoons' Head for Australia's Main Roads
- Truck Alliance Wins Two Awards in 2017 FT/IFC Transformational Business Award
- JAC Motors to Build Strong Global Brand by Launching New Upgrade Strategy
- Tata, Hyundai to Boost Sales of CV in Indonesia
- Sales of Heavy Trucks in Indonesia Jump in 2017
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April
- Data Shows China Pickup Builders Move Further into Overseas Market
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales
- Top Ten Rankings for Medium Trucks in April, 2017
- FAW Jiefang Takes a Narrow Lead in Heavy Truck Segment in April
- CV Builders Enjoys Record Sales in March, 2017
- CAAM: 284,000 Heavy Trucks Sold in Q1