Wabco Extends Global Supply Deal with Daimler Trucks
www.chinatrucks.com: Auto components-provider Wabco Holdings Inc entered a long-term agreement to supply automated manual transmission (AMT) control technology to German truckmaker Daimler for its heavy-duty trucks mainly in Europe, North America, Japan, and South America, the company said on Tuesday.
An AMT transforms a manual gearbox into an efficient, economical automatic transmission that shifts gears and controls clutch actuation. This not only eases the driving but also trumps automatic transmission in terms of performance and fuel economy.
“Wabco AMT technology has been engineered to reduce fuel consumption consistent with the industry’s most stringent standards,” the company said in a statement.
Germany-headquartered Daimler Trucks is the world’s largest manufacturer of trucks over six tons, and parent to five truck brands – Mercedes-Benz, Freightliner, FUSO, Western Star and BharatBenz, the last one being a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary of its Daimler India Commercial Vehicles.
Wabco first introduced AMT tech in 1986 and leads in supply of AMT units to many original equipment manufacturers.
“Our industry continues to adopt automated manual transmission technology with great growth potential in the United States and all BRIC countries – Brazil, Russia, India and China – as original equipment manufacturers and fleet operators seek to increase driver comfort and safety, improve fuel economy and reduce emissions,” Jorge Solis, Wabco president of truck, bus and car original equipment manufacturers division, said in a statement.
- Wabco launches OnLaneAssist Advanced Driver Assistance System at NACV 2017-09-28
- WABCO Signs Deal with a Major Global Maker of Trucks and Buses on mBSP Tech 2017-08-17
- FAW Signs Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with WABCO in Brussels 2017-06-29
- WABCO Signs Agreement With G7 to Form Joint Venture for Truck FMS 2017-04-25
- Auto Shanghai 2017: WABCO Showcases Industry-Leading CV Technologies 2017-04-25
- WABCO Introduces Electronically Controlled Air Suspension Technology to Truck Market in China 2014-09-25
- Beiben and WABCO Signs Strategic Agreement 2012-11-29
- WABCO enhances trailer air suspension 2012-09-21
- Meritor wins Remanufacturer of Year award from European mag 2012-09-05
- Meritor Wabco adds ABS system as standard on ProStar+, LoneStar 2012-08-07
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April