Wabco Extends Global Supply Deal with Daimler Trucks
www.chinatrucks.com: Auto components-provider Wabco Holdings Inc entered a long-term agreement to supply automated manual transmission (AMT) control technology to German truckmaker Daimler for its heavy-duty trucks mainly in Europe, North America, Japan, and South America, the company said on Tuesday.
An AMT transforms a manual gearbox into an efficient, economical automatic transmission that shifts gears and controls clutch actuation. This not only eases the driving but also trumps automatic transmission in terms of performance and fuel economy.
“Wabco AMT technology has been engineered to reduce fuel consumption consistent with the industry’s most stringent standards,” the company said in a statement.
Germany-headquartered Daimler Trucks is the world’s largest manufacturer of trucks over six tons, and parent to five truck brands – Mercedes-Benz, Freightliner, FUSO, Western Star and BharatBenz, the last one being a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary of its Daimler India Commercial Vehicles.
Wabco first introduced AMT tech in 1986 and leads in supply of AMT units to many original equipment manufacturers.
“Our industry continues to adopt automated manual transmission technology with great growth potential in the United States and all BRIC countries – Brazil, Russia, India and China – as original equipment manufacturers and fleet operators seek to increase driver comfort and safety, improve fuel economy and reduce emissions,” Jorge Solis, Wabco president of truck, bus and car original equipment manufacturers division, said in a statement.
- Wabco Launches First Customer Care Center in North America 2018-08-03
- WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors 2018-07-16
- WABCO Achieves a New annual Record for Customer Awards and Industry Recognition 2018-06-15
- Sinotruk Extends Cooperation Agreement with WABCO on ADAS, AMT, EBS, ECAS Tech 2018-04-12
- Wabco Stood Out among Other Suppliers to Win Two Awards from Sinotruk 2018-03-15
- Wabco Invests $10 Million in Nikola Motor, Looks to Advance Safety for EV 2017-12-28
- WABCO and Dongfeng Liuzhou Strengthen Strategic Partnership in China 2017-12-20
- Wabco launches OnLaneAssist Advanced Driver Assistance System at NACV 2017-09-28
- WABCO Signs Deal with a Major Global Maker of Trucks and Buses on mBSP Tech 2017-08-17
- FAW Signs Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with WABCO in Brussels 2017-06-29
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November