Wabco Extends Global Supply Deal with Daimler Trucks
www.chinatrucks.com: Auto components-provider Wabco Holdings Inc entered a long-term agreement to supply automated manual transmission (AMT) control technology to German truckmaker Daimler for its heavy-duty trucks mainly in Europe, North America, Japan, and South America, the company said on Tuesday.
An AMT transforms a manual gearbox into an efficient, economical automatic transmission that shifts gears and controls clutch actuation. This not only eases the driving but also trumps automatic transmission in terms of performance and fuel economy.
“Wabco AMT technology has been engineered to reduce fuel consumption consistent with the industry’s most stringent standards,” the company said in a statement.
Germany-headquartered Daimler Trucks is the world’s largest manufacturer of trucks over six tons, and parent to five truck brands – Mercedes-Benz, Freightliner, FUSO, Western Star and BharatBenz, the last one being a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary of its Daimler India Commercial Vehicles.
Wabco first introduced AMT tech in 1986 and leads in supply of AMT units to many original equipment manufacturers.
“Our industry continues to adopt automated manual transmission technology with great growth potential in the United States and all BRIC countries – Brazil, Russia, India and China – as original equipment manufacturers and fleet operators seek to increase driver comfort and safety, improve fuel economy and reduce emissions,” Jorge Solis, Wabco president of truck, bus and car original equipment manufacturers division, said in a statement.
- FAW Signs Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with WABCO in Brussels 2017-06-29
- WABCO Signs Agreement With G7 to Form Joint Venture for Truck FMS 2017-04-25
- Auto Shanghai 2017: WABCO Showcases Industry-Leading CV Technologies 2017-04-25
- WABCO Introduces Electronically Controlled Air Suspension Technology to Truck Market in China 2014-09-25
- Beiben and WABCO Signs Strategic Agreement 2012-11-29
- WABCO enhances trailer air suspension 2012-09-21
- Meritor wins Remanufacturer of Year award from European mag 2012-09-05
- Meritor Wabco adds ABS system as standard on ProStar+, LoneStar 2012-08-07
- AMT F-shift by FAST and WABCO Released 2011-04-22
- Wabco marches auto parts and components market 2010-07-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Signs Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with WABCO in Brussels
- Russian Kamaz to Invest $57 mln in Construction of Senegal Assembly Plant
- Daimler India Ships the 10,000th Export Truck
- BYD’s First Overseas Photovoltaic Research Center Set up in Brazil
- Daimler to Start Producing Fuso Trucks in Thailand in 2018
- Sinotruk Ranked 11 among the "Top 30 Enterprises in Automobile Industry"
- Driveless Truck 'Platoons' Head for Australia's Main Roads
- Truck Alliance Wins Two Awards in 2017 FT/IFC Transformational Business Award
- JAC Motors to Build Strong Global Brand by Launching New Upgrade Strategy
- Tata, Hyundai to Boost Sales of CV in Indonesia
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April
- Data Shows China Pickup Builders Move Further into Overseas Market
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales
- Top Ten Rankings for Medium Trucks in April, 2017
- FAW Jiefang Takes a Narrow Lead in Heavy Truck Segment in April
- CV Builders Enjoys Record Sales in March, 2017
- CAAM: 284,000 Heavy Trucks Sold in Q1