Volvo Invest US$10m to Opens New Dealership in Zambia
www.chinatrucks.com: The Volvo Group Southern Africa, in partnership with Titanium Motors opened the new dealership in the capital of Lusaka, which offers complete sales, parts and service for Volvo Trucks and UD Trucks customers operating in the region.
Titanium invested US$10 million in the new dealership and said it expanded into Zambia as the country was important, serving as a “regional transport hub”.
“Zambia is a key African market for Volvo, as apart from its very central location in southern Africa, it also has exciting potential as a developing market with a growing economy and emerging infrastructure,” said Torbjörn Christensson, President of Volvo in South Africa.
Mr. Christensson said transport, especially trucks, were essential to the region’s growth, and to drive development and progress.
For this reason, Volvo also established a representative office in Lusaka to harness this potential and take global support right to the doorsteps of customers.
“The 7 500m² dealership boasts a one of a kind showroom, as well as a training facility to further develop the skills of staff and local fleet owners,” Volvo said in a statement. “It also has six work bays, trained and accredited technicians, mobile service units, parts warehouse, as well as dedicated sales teams for each of the brands.”
“Our team is passionate about customer service and providing a level of support that adheres to our customers’ exacting requirements,” said Farook Bharuchi, CEO of Titanium Motors.
“We are committed to continue investing in the training and development of our staff to the ultimate benefit of our customers.”
Bharuchi explained that the team was also committed to ensuring that fleet operators’ vehicles stay productive and on the road by providing quick service and first-class technical solutions.
Volvo Trucks President, Claes Nilsson, said: “Safety is the cornerstone of everything we do, it is inherent in our vehicles, in the genuine parts that have been manufactured according to uncompromising standards, in our skilled and extensively trained workforce, as well in the innovative technology implemented to enhance Volvo truck operators’ productivity and efficiency.
“Our ability to deliver quality sales and aftermarket support in Zambia, combined with our award-winning Volvo Trucks product range, prove that we are serious about providing local fleet owners with total transport solutions that contribute to their business’s profitability,” he added.
Managing director of UD Trucks Southern Africa, Gert Swanepoel, said the company is constantly looking to develop and strengthen its footprint across the region.
“This partnership with Titanium Motors reinforces our commitment to not only provide world-class and sustainable support to our customers in Zambia, but also to fleet owners who run cross-border operations along the trade corridors of the Southern African region,” he said.
“Underpinning this commitment is our expanding product and service offerings, which are founded on our heritage of quality, engineering and progressive technology to complement our customers’ unique business requirements,” he added. “We are excited about the future of UD Trucks within Zambia, and the rest of the region.”
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market 2018-07-02
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks 2018-06-22
- First Volvo Hydrostatic Road Sweeper with Allison Transmission to Debut at IFAT 2018-05-23
- Volvo Unveils Second Electric Truck 2018-05-10
- Volvo to Share Electric Truck Battery Tech Across Its Brands 2018-04-24
- Volvo Launches All-Electric Truck Range in Europe 2018-04-13
- CEO of Geely-owned Volvo Loses Board Seat after Geely Buys Daimler 9.7% Stake 2018-03-02
- Volvo to Introduce Electric Trucks to Europe Next Year 2018-01-29
- Geely Takes 8.2% Stake in VOLVO Truck Company, Biggest Individual Shareholder 2017-12-28
- Volvo Introduces New VNL, VNR Tractors for Mexican Market 2017-11-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November