Scania to Sell Heavy Commercial Vehicles in Pakistan
www.chinatrucks.com: Encouraged by a huge investment potential in Pakistan’s rapidly growing automobile market, renowned Swedish heavy commercial vehicle manufacturer Scania has announced that it will introduce its premium trucks, truck-tractors, buses and coaches in the South Asian country through a local distributor.
Later, the company will explore the potential of setting up a manufacturing plant in Pakistan. The European manufacturer has signed an agreement with Yousaf Dewan Companies and awarded distribution rights for introducing its products in Pakistan market.
Scania Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing Christian Levin and Yousaf Dewan Companies Chairman Dewan Muhammad Yousuf Farooqui inked the distribution agreement recently in the presence of top officials of both companies and renowned customers of heavy commercial vehicles.
“We are delighted to introduce our quality trucks and buses in Pakistan,” said Levin. “Pakistan is quickly emerging as a preferred investment destination in the world; the automotive industry, in particular, sees a lot of investment potential in the wake of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).”
Levin elaborated that the vision behind introducing Scania products was to explore the full potential of Pakistan market by raising the bar higher for competition.
The Swedish company’s entry into Pakistan would not only strengthen its business, but would also go on to support the country’s growth and progress on the socio-economic front by creating multifarious employment and business opportunities.
“We are committed to expanding our investment and will explore the prospects of manufacturing our products here in Pakistan,” he revealed.
Scania is a major Swedish manufacturer of commercial vehicles, specifically heavy trucks and buses. The company was founded in 1891 in the Swedish province of Skane and its head office has been in Sodertalje since 1912.
Today, with 125 years of rich experience in the global automobile industry, Scania has operations in 100 countries around the world and employs approximately 42,100 people.
“I believe it is opportune time for Scania to enter Pakistan market as our economy is growing by leaps and bounds, especially the truck and bus sector is witnessing unprecedented exponential growth,” commented Farooqui, Chairman of Yousaf Dewan Companies.
He insisted that stable policies of the government were playing a major role in the revival of automotive industry in Pakistan. As a result, the truck and bus market is currently experiencing unprecedented robust growth – a barometer for deep-rooted economic expansion.
Furthermore, CPEC was bringing an investment of $57 billion in energy and infrastructure projects and was creating a shift in the demand for high-speed, high-power, fuel-efficient, long-haulage solutions, Farooqui added.
Yousaf Dewan Companies has been providing automobile solutions for close to two decades now. It is already associated with renowned brands like BMW and Mitsubishi.
It has also assembled Hyundai and Kia completely knocked down (CKD)-based products in the past. Now, it intends to cater to the needs of heavy commercial vehicle customers by joining hands with Scania.
- Scania Wins Latest 1,000 Point Test for the Second Year in Succession 2018-02-28
- Scania Invests in Electric Battery Cell Technology for CVs 2018-01-31
- Scania Ends 2017 on a High in Australia 2018-01-03
- Next GEN Scania Range Turns Record Sales 2017-08-03
- Driveless Truck 'Platoons' Head for Australia's Main Roads 2017-06-15
- Scania S 500 to be Shown Off in Australia at 2017 Brisbane Truck Show 2017-04-05
- Scania Expands Industrial and Commercial Operations in Thailand 2017-02-09
- Scania Hitches Ride on Airbus Ferry 2016-12-06
- 10 Scania G440 Delivered to Vonbbon Logistics 2016-12-01
- Scania Created a Futuristic Factory Manned by Smart Robots 2016-11-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November