Daimler Builds Battery Factory in Beijing For EV Production
www.chinatrucks.com: Daimler is constructing a battery factory in Beijing that will produce batteries for the local production of electric vehicles.
The production of the batteries at the factory is essential for meeting demands of producing electric vehicles flexibly and efficiently, according to the automaker. The factory is a project of Beijing Benz Automotive Co., Ltd. (BBAC), the Sino-German production joint venture between Daimler and BAIC Motor.
Daimler and BAIC will jointly invest over $7 billion in the production of battery-electric vehicles under the Mercedes-Benz brand and in battery localization at the site. This includes an investment for the battery production by the joint venture. Local production of battery-powered vehicles is scheduled to start by 2020.
The battery factory will be part of the global battery production network of Mercedes-Benz Cars, in which Daimler invests over $1 billion dollars.
The cells for the new plant’s batteries will be from China.
- Daimler AG Ready To Bring Electric Trucks In India 2017-09-26
- Daimler Launches eCanter Electric Truck, UPS Among First Customers 2017-09-18
- Mitsubishi Fuso Starts Production of eCanter Electric Truck 2017-08-25
- Daimler Fuso eCanter Electric Truck Enters Production in Europe 2017-08-10
- Wabco Extends Global Supply Deal with Daimler Trucks 2017-06-29
- Daimler India Ships the 10,000th Export Truck 2017-06-26
- Daimler to Start Producing Fuso Trucks in Thailand in 2018 2017-06-23
- Daimler's Brand "Bharat Benz" Trucks Crosses 50,000 Sales Mark in India 2017-06-20
- Daimler, Volvo Using India as an Export Hub for Its Trucks and Buses 2017-05-09
- Daimler Debuts Actros with Telligent Technology 2017-02-14
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April