100 Zero-Emission Partner Electric Vans to be Used by UK Royal Mail
www.chinatrucks.com: Royal Mail is to purchase 100 zero-emission Partner L2 Electric vans, to be used by postmen and women on their delivery rounds.
The vans will go into service from December 2017 at delivery offices around the UK, supported by a comprehensive rollout of charging infrastructure.
Paul Gatti, Royal Mail fleet director, said: “Our research has shown that electric vans are a good operational fit with our business and we are delighted to be ordering such a large volume to use in our daily operations. This is good news for our customers and the towns and cities which we serve. It also means we are on the front foot for future changes in emissions legislation.
“Emissions are an important issue for us at Royal Mail and we are continuously looking at new and innovative ways to reduce our carbon footprint and our impact on air quality. Improving the efficiency of our fleet by introducing electric vans is just one example of this.”
The Partner L2 Electric was launched in February and this is the first major fleet order for the van. Its lithium-ion battery pack is fitted under the load floor, ensuring there is no loss of load space compared with petrol and diesel-powered Partner L2 models. The Partner L2 Electric will carry a gross payload of 552kg.
Power comes from a permanent magnet synchronous motor producing 49kW (67hp) at 4,000rpm and maximum torque of 200Nm. The front wheels are driven through a speed reducer and single ratio gearbox.
The Partner Electric’s 22.5kWh lithium-ion batteries offer a range of up to 106 miles, measured on the NEDC cycle. The batteries can be re-charged to 80% capacity in 30 minutes from a dedicated rapid charge point. The drive motor also provides regenerative braking when slowing down, helping to recharge the batteries and reduce brake wear.
Partner Electric customers are eligible for the Plug in Van Grant (PiVG) from the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) towards the cost of buying the vehicle. The PiVG covers 20% of the cost of the vehicle including VAT but excluding on-the-road costs.
Partner Electric drivers in London would be eligible for the Ultra Low Emission Discount (ULED), which provides a 100% discount from the London Congestion Charge, an exemption potentially worth up to £2,989 per year. (London boroughs such as Hackney also offer a 100% discount on parking permits for electric vehicles, resulting in substantial savings each year).
- Sinotruk Orders Its First PowerPhase DT Electric-drive System from UQM 2017-09-30
- Sinotruk Opens its 4S Store in Philippines 2017-09-29
- Sinotruk Attends Bolivia Santa Cruz International Trade Fair 2017-09-28
- Sinotruk Secures an Order for 257 Natural Gas Trucks 2017-09-27
- CNHTC with Its Strong Product Attended 1st Hong Kong International Auto Expo 2017-09-27
- Sinotruk CDW’s Fire Trucks Exported to Myanmar Pass the Final Inspection 2017-09-27
- Sinotruk Proposes Reengineering Project to Strive for More Market Share 2017-09-21
- Sinotruk Opens SKD Assembly Plant in Paraguay 2017-09-21
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August 2017-09-07
- Sinotruk Sold 1,300 Units Sitrak in August 2017-09-05
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April