100 Zero-Emission Partner Electric Vans to be Used by UK Royal Mail
www.chinatrucks.com: Royal Mail is to purchase 100 zero-emission Partner L2 Electric vans, to be used by postmen and women on their delivery rounds.
The vans will go into service from December 2017 at delivery offices around the UK, supported by a comprehensive rollout of charging infrastructure.
Paul Gatti, Royal Mail fleet director, said: “Our research has shown that electric vans are a good operational fit with our business and we are delighted to be ordering such a large volume to use in our daily operations. This is good news for our customers and the towns and cities which we serve. It also means we are on the front foot for future changes in emissions legislation.
“Emissions are an important issue for us at Royal Mail and we are continuously looking at new and innovative ways to reduce our carbon footprint and our impact on air quality. Improving the efficiency of our fleet by introducing electric vans is just one example of this.”
The Partner L2 Electric was launched in February and this is the first major fleet order for the van. Its lithium-ion battery pack is fitted under the load floor, ensuring there is no loss of load space compared with petrol and diesel-powered Partner L2 models. The Partner L2 Electric will carry a gross payload of 552kg.
Power comes from a permanent magnet synchronous motor producing 49kW (67hp) at 4,000rpm and maximum torque of 200Nm. The front wheels are driven through a speed reducer and single ratio gearbox.
The Partner Electric’s 22.5kWh lithium-ion batteries offer a range of up to 106 miles, measured on the NEDC cycle. The batteries can be re-charged to 80% capacity in 30 minutes from a dedicated rapid charge point. The drive motor also provides regenerative braking when slowing down, helping to recharge the batteries and reduce brake wear.
Partner Electric customers are eligible for the Plug in Van Grant (PiVG) from the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) towards the cost of buying the vehicle. The PiVG covers 20% of the cost of the vehicle including VAT but excluding on-the-road costs.
Partner Electric drivers in London would be eligible for the Ultra Low Emission Discount (ULED), which provides a 100% discount from the London Congestion Charge, an exemption potentially worth up to £2,989 per year. (London boroughs such as Hackney also offer a 100% discount on parking permits for electric vehicles, resulting in substantial savings each year).
- Sinotruk and Shanghai Sunlong to Assemble Trucks, Buses in Pakistan 2017-08-22
- Sinotruk Sitrak C5H Car Carrier Successfully Went Off Production Line 2017-08-21
- Sinotruk Secures an Order of 365 Units Sitrak from China Post 2017-08-18
- Sinotruk Signs Deal with China Overseas Port and Gwadar Port Authority 2017-08-17
- Sinotruk Set to Further Improve its Presence in Pakistan 2017-08-16
- SITRAK Sales Up 249% and Sinotruk to Rise Year Target Sales by 10 2017-08-04
- SHACMAN, SINOTRUK and Beiben Show up As PLA Marks the 90th Birthday 2017-08-02
- SINOTRUK CDW 1500 Units Dumpers Exported to Myanmar 2017-07-31
- Sinotruk Delivers 50 Hohan MT13 NG Tractors to User 2017-07-18
- 13 SINOTRUK HOHAN J7G LNG aDangerous Chemicals Tractors Delivered to Inner Mong 2017-07-07
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Top 10 News of XCMG Over the First Half of 2017
- Sales of New Energy Commercial Vehicles Rose by 79.4% in July
- USA Electric Truck Maker Chanje Signs Exclusive Deal With Ryder
- Sinotruk Signs Deal with China Overseas Port and Gwadar Port Authority
- Sinotruk Set to Further Improve its Presence in Pakistan
- Hino Celebrates Williamstown Plant's 10th Anniversary
- JAC Signs Cooperative Agreement with EPEC for Overseas Projects
- JAC Shines at Iran International Auto Show
- SHACMAN, SINOTRUK and Beiben Show up As PLA Marks the 90th Birthday
- Tata and Ashok Leyland Among Top Competitors in Africa’s CV Market
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April
- Data Shows China Pickup Builders Move Further into Overseas Market
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales
- Top Ten Rankings for Medium Trucks in April, 2017