IVECO To Build STRALLS Down Under
www.chinatrucks.com: In another truckmaking move to fill the void left in local motoring manufacturing, Iveco will build a local Stralis with a range of locally-sourced components.
From the last quarter of this year, the Stralis ATi will be assembled at Iveco’s Dandenong facility, when it will become known as the Stralis AT.
Components including mirrors, wheel angles, trailer connections, batteries, wheels and liquids will be sourced locally, the company has confirmed.
The Stralis AT variants will include a 6x4 prime mover and 6x2 rigid in a variety of specification options, and will join existing Stralis AS-L, Powerstar, ACCO and Delta and Metro bus chassis models, which are locally built and or manufactured in Melbourne.
The addition of the Stralis AT to the production mix will see the Dandenong facility undergo investment in tooling and software to calibrate the AT’s adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning systems, and in doing so introduces new technology to the site.
Australian buyers will enjoy several benefits from the local production of AT models including greatly reduced lead times from vehicle order to delivery, and the ability to customise to order by adding factory-fitted special options and local accessories.
"Iveco is one of only a few remaining commercial vehicle brands to manufacture here – this latest expansion in Australian-based production demonstrates the company’s commitment to having a strong local manufacturing presence," Iveco Australia MD Michael Jonson says.
"The addition of Stralis AT variants to the local production mix along with other initiatives will ultimately see a modest increase in the facility’s manufacturing workforce, so this is good for the local workforce but also for Australian truck buyers who can further reap the benefits that locally-manufactured vehicles provide.
"The expansion of local production not only reflects a strong belief from Iveco Australia that local manufacturing is sustainable, but the initiative is also strongly supported by Iveco parent company CNH Industrial."
- SAIC EV80 Autonomous Light Truck Eyed by JD for Driverless Deliveries 2017-10-31
- Chinese Company Chanje Fields Electric CV for U.S. Market 2017-10-31
- BYD’s Truck Chief Confident About Future Battery-Electric Trucks's Growth 2017-10-31
- CAMC Electric Heavy-duty Truck Boasts a Maximum Loading Capacity of 13 Tons 2017-10-31
- Iveco Daily Set to Make its Debut at CCVS 2017 2017-10-30
- Conmet Set to Display its More Durable Wheel Hub at CCVS 2017-10-30
- Conghua Selects Allison Transmissions for New Sanitation Trucks 2017-10-27
- JMC Weilong Heavy-duty Trucks Delivered to Their First Customers for Operation 2017-10-27
- Many New Products to Make Their Debut at China Commercial Vehicles Show 2017 2017-10-27
- Wulong Electric Logistic Vehicles Arrived in the U.S. Market 2017-10-26
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April