IVECO To Build STRALLS Down Under
www.chinatrucks.com: In another truckmaking move to fill the void left in local motoring manufacturing, Iveco will build a local Stralis with a range of locally-sourced components.
From the last quarter of this year, the Stralis ATi will be assembled at Iveco’s Dandenong facility, when it will become known as the Stralis AT.
Components including mirrors, wheel angles, trailer connections, batteries, wheels and liquids will be sourced locally, the company has confirmed.
The Stralis AT variants will include a 6x4 prime mover and 6x2 rigid in a variety of specification options, and will join existing Stralis AS-L, Powerstar, ACCO and Delta and Metro bus chassis models, which are locally built and or manufactured in Melbourne.
The addition of the Stralis AT to the production mix will see the Dandenong facility undergo investment in tooling and software to calibrate the AT’s adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning systems, and in doing so introduces new technology to the site.
Australian buyers will enjoy several benefits from the local production of AT models including greatly reduced lead times from vehicle order to delivery, and the ability to customise to order by adding factory-fitted special options and local accessories.
"Iveco is one of only a few remaining commercial vehicle brands to manufacture here – this latest expansion in Australian-based production demonstrates the company’s commitment to having a strong local manufacturing presence," Iveco Australia MD Michael Jonson says.
"The addition of Stralis AT variants to the local production mix along with other initiatives will ultimately see a modest increase in the facility’s manufacturing workforce, so this is good for the local workforce but also for Australian truck buyers who can further reap the benefits that locally-manufactured vehicles provide.
"The expansion of local production not only reflects a strong belief from Iveco Australia that local manufacturing is sustainable, but the initiative is also strongly supported by Iveco parent company CNH Industrial."
- Pure Electric Logistics Vehicles Rose 15 times in July 2017-08-25
- Sichuan Hyundai Zedo 300N Went into Mass Production 2017-08-24
- Dongfeng Cargo Truck with DDi Engine Coming to Suzhou 2017-08-24
- Hyundai Brings Pickup Model for the U.S. Market 2017-08-24
- XCMG Group Signs Cooperative Agreement with SBU 2017-08-23
- World’s First Water-Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle Born in Youngman 2017-08-23
- XCMG Wheel Loaders Operate in Freezing-Cold Place of Russia 2017-08-23
- Sinotruk and Shanghai Sunlong to Assemble Trucks, Buses in Pakistan 2017-08-22
- First Dongfeng Yufeng High-end Pickup P16 Makes its Debut in Kunming 2017-08-22
- 3500 Units JAC World Truck Exported During First Half Year, up 27% 2017-08-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Top 10 News of XCMG Over the First Half of 2017
- Sales of New Energy Commercial Vehicles Rose by 79.4% in July
- USA Electric Truck Maker Chanje Signs Exclusive Deal With Ryder
- Sinotruk Signs Deal with China Overseas Port and Gwadar Port Authority
- Sinotruk Set to Further Improve its Presence in Pakistan
- Hino Celebrates Williamstown Plant's 10th Anniversary
- JAC Signs Cooperative Agreement with EPEC for Overseas Projects
- JAC Shines at Iran International Auto Show
- SHACMAN, SINOTRUK and Beiben Show up As PLA Marks the 90th Birthday
- Tata and Ashok Leyland Among Top Competitors in Africa’s CV Market
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April
- Data Shows China Pickup Builders Move Further into Overseas Market
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales
- Top Ten Rankings for Medium Trucks in April, 2017