Next GEN Scania Range Turns Record Sales
Scania has reported a 17 per cent rise in global net sales to a record SEK58.7 billion (A$9.1 billion) in a half year marked by the impact of its ‘New Truck Generation’.
Though the new vehicles are yet to land on Australian shores, that performance comes as the domestic operation sees 443 vehicles delivered, up 65 per cent for the year to date.
"The period was affected by a high investment level and increased production costs for double product ranges," Scania president and CEO Henrik Henriksson states.
"In spite of this, the company delivered a very strong performance thanks to strong demand for the new truck range and a continued positive trend in services.
"Earnings in the first half of 2017 amounted to SEK6.464 million, giving an operating margin of 11.0 per cent.
"Order bookings for trucks rose by 29 per cent compared to the same period last year.
"Demand for trucks in Europe is holding up due to the favourable economic situation and Scania’s market share for trucks in Europe remains strong at 16.8 per cent.
"The trend in Latin America is positive and we see increased demand in Brazil from very low levels, mainly related to increased activity in the agricultural sector.
"In Eurasia, the trend in demand is positive as Russia is continuing to recover.
"In Asia, demand increased thanks to a good sales performance, particularly in China and Iran.
"In Asia, the European truck segment is growing in line with the advancement of the logistics systems − a development largely driven by the major e-commerce players. "
SCANIA SERVICES BOOM
The positive note continues in Scania’s other segments – such as Engines and Buses and Coaches – but also in fleet services.
"Service revenue amounted to a record high SEK11.7 billion, an increase of 12 per cent," Henriksson continues.
"This was driven by high uptime in customer vehicle fleets and an increase in services directly or indirectly generated from the 270,000 connected vehicles in the Scania fleet.
"Connectivity is an important business driver, which is enabling Scania to offer customers more efficient services aimed at improving their profitability.
"Financial Services reported operating income of SEK520 million and credit losses remain at low levels."
- Scania to Sell Heavy Commercial Vehicles in Pakistan 2017-07-10
- Driveless Truck 'Platoons' Head for Australia's Main Roads 2017-06-15
- Scania S 500 to be Shown Off in Australia at 2017 Brisbane Truck Show 2017-04-05
- Scania Expands Industrial and Commercial Operations in Thailand 2017-02-09
- Scania Hitches Ride on Airbus Ferry 2016-12-06
- 10 Scania G440 Delivered to Vonbbon Logistics 2016-12-01
- Scania Created a Futuristic Factory Manned by Smart Robots 2016-11-18
- 253 Scania Trucks Delivers to The Second Largest Food Retailer in Great Britain 2016-02-19
- Scania Breaks Through Shandong Market 2016-02-04
- 82 Scania Trucks Bought as Fire-fighting Vehicles 2015-06-05
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April