Next GEN Scania Range Turns Record Sales
Scania has reported a 17 per cent rise in global net sales to a record SEK58.7 billion (A$9.1 billion) in a half year marked by the impact of its ‘New Truck Generation’.
Though the new vehicles are yet to land on Australian shores, that performance comes as the domestic operation sees 443 vehicles delivered, up 65 per cent for the year to date.
"The period was affected by a high investment level and increased production costs for double product ranges," Scania president and CEO Henrik Henriksson states.
"In spite of this, the company delivered a very strong performance thanks to strong demand for the new truck range and a continued positive trend in services.
"Earnings in the first half of 2017 amounted to SEK6.464 million, giving an operating margin of 11.0 per cent.
"Order bookings for trucks rose by 29 per cent compared to the same period last year.
"Demand for trucks in Europe is holding up due to the favourable economic situation and Scania’s market share for trucks in Europe remains strong at 16.8 per cent.
"The trend in Latin America is positive and we see increased demand in Brazil from very low levels, mainly related to increased activity in the agricultural sector.
"In Eurasia, the trend in demand is positive as Russia is continuing to recover.
"In Asia, demand increased thanks to a good sales performance, particularly in China and Iran.
"In Asia, the European truck segment is growing in line with the advancement of the logistics systems − a development largely driven by the major e-commerce players. "
SCANIA SERVICES BOOM
The positive note continues in Scania’s other segments – such as Engines and Buses and Coaches – but also in fleet services.
"Service revenue amounted to a record high SEK11.7 billion, an increase of 12 per cent," Henriksson continues.
"This was driven by high uptime in customer vehicle fleets and an increase in services directly or indirectly generated from the 270,000 connected vehicles in the Scania fleet.
"Connectivity is an important business driver, which is enabling Scania to offer customers more efficient services aimed at improving their profitability.
"Financial Services reported operating income of SEK520 million and credit losses remain at low levels."
- Scania Wins Latest 1,000 Point Test for the Second Year in Succession 2018-02-28
- Scania Invests in Electric Battery Cell Technology for CVs 2018-01-31
- Scania Ends 2017 on a High in Australia 2018-01-03
- Scania to Sell Heavy Commercial Vehicles in Pakistan 2017-07-10
- Driveless Truck 'Platoons' Head for Australia's Main Roads 2017-06-15
- Scania S 500 to be Shown Off in Australia at 2017 Brisbane Truck Show 2017-04-05
- Scania Expands Industrial and Commercial Operations in Thailand 2017-02-09
- Scania Hitches Ride on Airbus Ferry 2016-12-06
- 10 Scania G440 Delivered to Vonbbon Logistics 2016-12-01
- Scania Created a Futuristic Factory Manned by Smart Robots 2016-11-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November