Daimler Fuso eCanter Electric Truck Enters Production in Europe
www.chinatrucks.com: The Daimler Fuso eCanter begins production in Europe, making Daimler the first global automaker to manufacture an all-electric light-duty truck in series.
President and CEO of Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation and Head of Daimler Trucks Asia, Mark Llistosella, announced:
“With today’s start of production of the eCanter, we become the first global manufacturer to produce an all-electric truck in series. From now on we can address the growing demand for locally emission free delivery trucks in Mega-Cities. We already received the first customer orders and will mark the global launch of this truck in one of the most iconic Mega-Cities, in New York, this September. Our Portuguese plant does not only produce the trucks for Europe and the US, we also benefit from a close cooperation with the authorities in Portugal and Lisbon testing the trucks there since 2014.”
Fuso is a brand of Daimler Trucks Asia. The company held a debut event last week at the production plant in Tramagal, Portugal. All eCanters (as well as “Canter” conventional versions) for both the European and U.S. markets will be manufactured at the Portugal facility. The first vehicles are set to be delivered next month.
The 160,000 square-meter plant has over 400 employees and currently produces the Fuso Canter and Fuso Canter Eco Hybrid for 30 European countries.
The first global deliveries of the Fuso eCanter will actually come out of the Kawaski plant in Japan, which started production on July 7, 2017. The Seven-Eleven Co. convenience store in Japan has already ordered 25 trucks, and should have them in hand soon.
Battery packs for the eCanter are coming from Daimler subsidiary, Accumotive in Kamenz, Germany. The truck will feature six high voltage lithium-ion battery packs with 420 V and 13.8 kWh each. The eCanter can travel about 100 km (~62 miles) on a charge and carry two to three tons. Trials conducted in Portugal and Germany from 2014 to 2017 show that the eCanter can save up to 1,000 Euros (~$1,200 USD) in operating costs for every 10,000 km (~6,200 miles) traveled.
- Daimler Unveils Two Heavy-duty Electric Trucks in Race with Tesla 2018-06-08
- Daimler Brings New Garbage Truck to North America Market 2018-04-27
- Daimler Takes the Latest Trucks Actros and Arocs to Middle East and Africa 2018-03-09
- Daimler India Starts Production of Mini Truck for Exports 2018-02-28
- Geely Likely to Purchase a Below 3% Stake in Daimler 2018-02-07
- Daimler India Posted 28% growth in 2017 with 16717 units 2018-02-06
- Daimler to End the Full Year with Unit Sales in the Magnitude of 465,000 Trucks 2018-01-02
- Daimler Adapts as Mexico's Demand for Cabover Engine Truck Growing 2017-12-08
- Daimler Brings Two New Cabover Tractors to Mexican Market 2017-11-22
- Daimler Presents Its Mercedes-Benz Urban eTruck Before Tesla's Truck Event 2017-11-15
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November