Daimler Fuso eCanter Electric Truck Enters Production in Europe
www.chinatrucks.com: The Daimler Fuso eCanter begins production in Europe, making Daimler the first global automaker to manufacture an all-electric light-duty truck in series.
President and CEO of Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation and Head of Daimler Trucks Asia, Mark Llistosella, announced:
“With today’s start of production of the eCanter, we become the first global manufacturer to produce an all-electric truck in series. From now on we can address the growing demand for locally emission free delivery trucks in Mega-Cities. We already received the first customer orders and will mark the global launch of this truck in one of the most iconic Mega-Cities, in New York, this September. Our Portuguese plant does not only produce the trucks for Europe and the US, we also benefit from a close cooperation with the authorities in Portugal and Lisbon testing the trucks there since 2014.”
Fuso is a brand of Daimler Trucks Asia. The company held a debut event last week at the production plant in Tramagal, Portugal. All eCanters (as well as “Canter” conventional versions) for both the European and U.S. markets will be manufactured at the Portugal facility. The first vehicles are set to be delivered next month.
The 160,000 square-meter plant has over 400 employees and currently produces the Fuso Canter and Fuso Canter Eco Hybrid for 30 European countries.
The first global deliveries of the Fuso eCanter will actually come out of the Kawaski plant in Japan, which started production on July 7, 2017. The Seven-Eleven Co. convenience store in Japan has already ordered 25 trucks, and should have them in hand soon.
Battery packs for the eCanter are coming from Daimler subsidiary, Accumotive in Kamenz, Germany. The truck will feature six high voltage lithium-ion battery packs with 420 V and 13.8 kWh each. The eCanter can travel about 100 km (~62 miles) on a charge and carry two to three tons. Trials conducted in Portugal and Germany from 2014 to 2017 show that the eCanter can save up to 1,000 Euros (~$1,200 USD) in operating costs for every 10,000 km (~6,200 miles) traveled.
- Daimler Builds Battery Factory in Beijing For EV Production 2017-07-27
- Wabco Extends Global Supply Deal with Daimler Trucks 2017-06-29
- Daimler India Ships the 10,000th Export Truck 2017-06-26
- Daimler to Start Producing Fuso Trucks in Thailand in 2018 2017-06-23
- Daimler's Brand "Bharat Benz" Trucks Crosses 50,000 Sales Mark in India 2017-06-20
- Daimler, Volvo Using India as an Export Hub for Its Trucks and Buses 2017-05-09
- Daimler Debuts Actros with Telligent Technology 2017-02-14
- Daimler’s Global Truck Chief Bernhard Resigns 2017-02-13
- Daimler to Celebrate a Century of Innovation 2017-02-03
- Daimler Grows Market Share in Mexico 2016-12-12
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- JAC Shines at Iran International Auto Show
- SHACMAN, SINOTRUK and Beiben Show up As PLA Marks the 90th Birthday
- Tata and Ashok Leyland Among Top Competitors in Africa’s CV Market
- Electric Trucks and Vans Cut Pollution Faster Than Cars
- IVECO To Build STRALLS Down Under
- 100 Zero-Emission Partner Electric Vans to be Used by UK Royal Mail
- Ford Trucks Celebrates 100 Years
- Daimler Builds Battery Factory in Beijing For EV Production
- 1,000 Units Electric Logistic Vehicles to Hit Roads in Dongguan
- Volvo Issues Upbeat Truck Forecast Heading into Fall
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April
- Data Shows China Pickup Builders Move Further into Overseas Market
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales
- Top Ten Rankings for Medium Trucks in April, 2017
- FAW Jiefang Takes a Narrow Lead in Heavy Truck Segment in April