Cummins to Invest Rs 1,500 Crore in India R&D
www.chinatrucks.com:Engine manufacturer Cummins will invest Rs1,500 crore to boost its research and development activity in India where the company employs about 10,000 people.
“We are investing about Rs1,500 crore in India by launching a new R&D facility in Pune. With the addition of the new facility, we’ll have about 2,500 engineers. Currently, we have 1,500 engineers working in our R&D facility in India,” Srikanth Padmanabhan, President, Cummins Engine Business, told BusinessLine.
Padmanabhan said that while the centre is working on creating engines suited for Bharat Stage IV and Bharat Stage VI emission norms, the India R&D centre is also increasingly acting as a base to create products for the world.
“I think we are starting to create our off-highway products from here. Over time, this place (India) will become the centre of excellence or core for certain range of products and technologies,” he said.
Cummins, which wants to be known as a technology company, trying to drift away from popularly known to be a diesel engine manufacturer, is harping on India’s tech talent to create connected car platforms, which require analysing data and creating insights from it.
“As we tend to think about big data and analytics, because of the capabilities of the Indian software industry and the people that are here, the work that we do on analytics will continue to increase where we will combine our product, our connected features that generates a lot of data and then to see how do we analyse the data for meaningful insights,” Padmanabhan said.
Cummins has 21 manufacturing facilities in India, employing over 10,000 people with revenues of Rs. 10,880 crore in 2016.
- How Cummins Lead in New and Emerging Technologies 2017-06-15
- Exclusive Interview with Cummins GM of Global Bus Business 2017-05-25
- Cummins Westport “Moves to Zero” with New Natural Gas Engines 2017-05-04
- Cummins and Eaton to Form North American Joint Venture 2017-04-12
- Cummins and JAC May Team up to Build Engines 2017-03-23
- Cummins Puts More Focus on Improments to Its Mid-range Engines 2017-03-15
- Alkane Seeks Partnership with Cummins 2017-03-10
- Cummins OilGuard allows Oil Drain Intervals up to 80,000 Miles 2017-03-01
- Foton Cummins ISF4.5L V5 Engine Launched in Shenzhen 2017-03-01
- Cummins Unveils ISXE5 Replacement 2016-11-10
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Hino Celebrates Williamstown Plant's 10th Anniversary
- JAC Signs Cooperative Agreement with EPEC for Overseas Projects
- JAC Shines at Iran International Auto Show
- SHACMAN, SINOTRUK and Beiben Show up As PLA Marks the 90th Birthday
- Tata and Ashok Leyland Among Top Competitors in Africa’s CV Market
- Electric Trucks and Vans Cut Pollution Faster Than Cars
- IVECO To Build STRALLS Down Under
- 100 Zero-Emission Partner Electric Vans to be Used by UK Royal Mail
- Ford Trucks Celebrates 100 Years
- Daimler Builds Battery Factory in Beijing For EV Production
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April
- Data Shows China Pickup Builders Move Further into Overseas Market
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales
- Top Ten Rankings for Medium Trucks in April, 2017
- FAW Jiefang Takes a Narrow Lead in Heavy Truck Segment in April