Cummins to Invest Rs 1,500 Crore in India R&D
www.chinatrucks.com:Engine manufacturer Cummins will invest Rs1,500 crore to boost its research and development activity in India where the company employs about 10,000 people.
“We are investing about Rs1,500 crore in India by launching a new R&D facility in Pune. With the addition of the new facility, we’ll have about 2,500 engineers. Currently, we have 1,500 engineers working in our R&D facility in India,” Srikanth Padmanabhan, President, Cummins Engine Business, told BusinessLine.
Padmanabhan said that while the centre is working on creating engines suited for Bharat Stage IV and Bharat Stage VI emission norms, the India R&D centre is also increasingly acting as a base to create products for the world.
“I think we are starting to create our off-highway products from here. Over time, this place (India) will become the centre of excellence or core for certain range of products and technologies,” he said.
Cummins, which wants to be known as a technology company, trying to drift away from popularly known to be a diesel engine manufacturer, is harping on India’s tech talent to create connected car platforms, which require analysing data and creating insights from it.
“As we tend to think about big data and analytics, because of the capabilities of the Indian software industry and the people that are here, the work that we do on analytics will continue to increase where we will combine our product, our connected features that generates a lot of data and then to see how do we analyse the data for meaningful insights,” Padmanabhan said.
Cummins has 21 manufacturing facilities in India, employing over 10,000 people with revenues of Rs. 10,880 crore in 2016.
- The Two Millionth Heavy Duty Engine Just Produced at Cummins' Jamestown Plant 2018-07-27
- New Cummins X12 Engine to be First Introduced to Refuse Market by Autocar Trucks 2018-06-27
- Shacman Cummins Held Promotion in Chile 2018-06-13
- Chinese Automaker JAC Forms Joint Venture with Cummins 2018-05-15
- Autocar Trucks to Offer First New Cummins X12 Engines in North America 2018-04-18
- SHACMAN Cummins Power Continues to Strengthen its Presence in Zambia 2018-04-18
- Dongfeng Cummins ISZ Engine Took Part in 2018 Dakar Rally 2018-03-23
- Five Major Events in Cummins in 2017 2018-02-09
- Cummins Inc. Sales up Record 17% for Year, 22% for Quarter 2018-02-09
- Dongfeng Cummins ISZ Engine Makes Entry into New Market 2018-02-09
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November