Cummins to Invest Rs 1,500 Crore in India R&D
www.chinatrucks.com:Engine manufacturer Cummins will invest Rs1,500 crore to boost its research and development activity in India where the company employs about 10,000 people.
“We are investing about Rs1,500 crore in India by launching a new R&D facility in Pune. With the addition of the new facility, we’ll have about 2,500 engineers. Currently, we have 1,500 engineers working in our R&D facility in India,” Srikanth Padmanabhan, President, Cummins Engine Business, told BusinessLine.
Padmanabhan said that while the centre is working on creating engines suited for Bharat Stage IV and Bharat Stage VI emission norms, the India R&D centre is also increasingly acting as a base to create products for the world.
“I think we are starting to create our off-highway products from here. Over time, this place (India) will become the centre of excellence or core for certain range of products and technologies,” he said.
Cummins, which wants to be known as a technology company, trying to drift away from popularly known to be a diesel engine manufacturer, is harping on India’s tech talent to create connected car platforms, which require analysing data and creating insights from it.
“As we tend to think about big data and analytics, because of the capabilities of the Indian software industry and the people that are here, the work that we do on analytics will continue to increase where we will combine our product, our connected features that generates a lot of data and then to see how do we analyse the data for meaningful insights,” Padmanabhan said.
Cummins has 21 manufacturing facilities in India, employing over 10,000 people with revenues of Rs. 10,880 crore in 2016.
- Foton Signs MOC with Cummins and Launches the Second Stage of China Super Truck 2017-10-19
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation 2017-10-18
- Cummins’ Technological Leadership on Full Display at NACV 2017-09-26
- Cummins X15™ – Full Production, Full Success 2017-09-12
- Dongfeng Cummins New Generation ISZ Engine Successfully Ignited 2017-09-05
- Cummins Unveils New Fully-Electric Heavy Duty Truck ahead of Tesla 2017-08-31
- New Chenglong H7 with Cummins X12 Engine Launched 2017-08-18
- How Cummins Lead in New and Emerging Technologies 2017-06-15
- Exclusive Interview with Cummins GM of Global Bus Business 2017-05-25
- Cummins Westport “Moves to Zero” with New Natural Gas Engines 2017-05-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April