Sinotruk and UQM Join Hands in Developing New Energy Vehicles
www.chinatrucks.com: On August 26, Sinotruk and the US-based UQM officially signed a series of cooperative agreements. This agreement expands the global reach of UQM to four continents, and represents the initial step in our strategy to penetrate the Chinese market with our leading electric propulsion products. With a global reputation for performance and quality, UQM provides its customers with both custom electric propulsion solutions and automotive-qualified volume production capabilities.
According to their agreements, the two parties will make concerted efforts in developing new energy vehicles. The China State Council published its New Energy Vehicles plan in July, 2012, setting a goal of 500,000 energy-efficient and clean vehicles on the road in China by 2015, and five million vehicles by 2020.
Sources also reveal that Sinotruk will purchase the equities of UQM step by step. After the first phase of purchase, Sinotruk will hold 9.9% of UQM’s equities and become the company’s largest shareholder. In addition, Sinotruk and UQM will jointly build a joint venture in China, which will focus on developing and manufacturing new energy vehicles.
As a listed company on New York Stock Exchange, UQM is specialized in developing and manufacturing power systems for electric vehicles. Currently, it is globally competitive in such areas as electric motors, electric controls, and driveline solutions for electric vehicles.
“This agreement is an important step in our strategic plan to enter the Chinese market with our highly efficient electric propulsion systems and related products for New Energy Vehicles,” said Eric R. Ridenour, President and Chief Executive Officer of UQM Technologies, Inc. “With annual revenue of over $5 billion, our Chinese partner has a substantial footprint throughout China and is well-positioned to introduce our products to the country’s developing New Energy Vehicle market.”
UQM powers test-fleet vehicles by Audi in Germany, Rolls-Royce and the London Taxi Company in the U.K., and previously, Saab vehicles in Sweden. UQM is also powering Hino electric city buses in Japan and demonstration vehicles for EV Engineering in Australia. In the U.S., UQM can be found in the CODA all-electric passenger sedan, now available in California, Proterra all-electric composite transit buses, Boulder EV all-electric delivery vans, and Electric Vehicles International all-electric medium-duty trucks and delivery vans.
- Sinotruk Orders Its First PowerPhase DT Electric-drive System from UQM 2017-09-30
- Sinotruk Opens its 4S Store in Philippines 2017-09-29
- Sinotruk Attends Bolivia Santa Cruz International Trade Fair 2017-09-28
- Sinotruk Secures an Order for 257 Natural Gas Trucks 2017-09-27
- CNHTC with Its Strong Product Attended 1st Hong Kong International Auto Expo 2017-09-27
- Sinotruk CDW’s Fire Trucks Exported to Myanmar Pass the Final Inspection 2017-09-27
- Sinotruk Proposes Reengineering Project to Strive for More Market Share 2017-09-21
- Sinotruk Opens SKD Assembly Plant in Paraguay 2017-09-21
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August 2017-09-07
- Sinotruk Sold 1,300 Units Sitrak in August 2017-09-05
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April