Hyundai Launches a Pickup Truck into U.S. Market
www.chinatrucks.com: Hyundai will be launching a pickup in the U.S. to help make up for double-digit losses as consumers continue to lose interest in sedans.
The automaker will be offering U.S. buyers a truck that’s similar to its Santa Cruz concept which was unveiled in 2015. No date has been given yet for the launch.
The Santa Cruz concept pickup won Concept Truck of the Year at the 14th annual North American Concept Vehicle of the Year (NACVOTY) Awards in July 2015 at the Concours d’Elegance of America at St. John’s.
The truck featured an eco-friendly 2.0-liter turbodiesel engine (190 horsepower, 300 lb.ft. of torque) which powered Hyundai’s HTRAC all-wheel drive system.
A Hyundai executive told Reuters that the company will also be launching a crossover SUV called the Kona in the U.S. later this year.
Hyundai’s U.S. dealers have been pressuring the company to green light a pickup and more SUVs as sales for its once-popular Sonata sedan continue falling, reaching a 30 percent drop over the first seven months of 2017. Overall, Hyundai’s U.S. sales fell roughly 11 percent from January through July 31. However, sales for Hyundai’s crossover SUVs increased 11 percent over that same time.
The head of Hyundai’s largest U.S. dealership, Scott Fink, had mixed feelings about the company’s decision to introduce a new pickup and more crossover SUVs in the U.S.
“We are optimistic about the future,” said Fink, chief executive of Hyundai in New Port Richey, Fla. “But we are disappointed that we don’t have the products today.”
- Sichuan Hyundai TRAGO Road Cleaning Vehicles Serve BRICS Summit in Xiamen 2017-09-14
- Sichuan Hyundai Zedo 300N Went into Mass Production 2017-08-24
- Hyundai Brings Pickup Model for the U.S. Market 2017-08-24
- MIGHTY is Recognized for Passenger Car Interior and Active Safety System 2017-08-07
- Sichuan Hyundai Teams up with Cummins to Launch MIGHTY in September 2017-07-27
- Sichuan HYUNDAI MIGHTY Kicks off Assembly Line in China 2017-07-03
- Tata, Hyundai to Boost Sales of CV in Indonesia 2017-06-12
- Hyundai to Set up CV Assembly Plant in Parkistan 2017-05-22
- ZEDO 300M Won Orders of 76 Units in Suzhou Launching Conference 2017-02-16
- ZEDO 300M Launched in Kunming and Won Orders of 30 Units 2016-12-07
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April