Cummins X15™ – Full Production, Full Success
www.chinatrucks.com: Think about this: the average amount of revenue lost during a single day of unplanned downtime is equal to the amount your fleet can save with a 2 percent increase in fuel economy over an entire year. That’s why having maximum uptime has to be your #1 priority. And Cummins X15 engines are delivering reliability and uptime over everything else.
With almost 20 years of refinement on the 15-liter platform, the X15 is one of the most reliable heavy-duty engines that the industry has seen in decades. In 2016, 35.4 percent of the entire Class 8 truck market was powered by Cummins, a full 4 share points ahead of the nearest competitor. Even more trucks are expected to be spec’ed with the X15 throughout 2017, as people are hearing firsthand from early movers about its performance and dependability.
Currently, 26,000 X15 engines have rolled off the line at Jamestown. Every intial forecast has been surpassed, with every single month this year exceeding expectations and a continual gap growing on demand.
Cummins continues to deliver best-in-class fuel economy with a 2-3 percent gain on the X15 Efficiency Series engines in the 400-450 horsepower range and 8-12 percent better mpg at 485-500 hp ratings. The use of ADEPT™ technologies, including SmartTorque2, Predictive Cruise Control and SmartCoast, contributes greatly to fuel efficiency and drivability. Downspeeding allows access to peak torque starting at just 1000 rpm. If you are currently running older equipment such as an EPA 2010 ISX15, you can expect to see up to 20 percent better fuel economy with a 2017 X15 Efficiency Series engine.
The X15 Performance Series engine for 2017 delivers the most powerful engine and engine brake combination in the industry. The engine brake delivers increased braking power where it is needed most, in the 1300-1700 rpm range. The high-flow ERG cooler, fuel pump and turbo compressor work together with high temperature exhaust valves and maximum piston cooling to enhance reliability and durability at higher output levels. Having peak torque available at 1150 rpm ensures exceptional fuel economy for a high-performance engine.
Extended maintenance intervals significantly reduce downtime and total cost of ownership for fleets by 40 percent over the first 500,000 miles vs. an EPA 2010 ISX15 engine. Oil changes can be extended as many as 80,000 miles with Cummins OilGuard program, and DPF maintenance is now needed only once every 600,000-800,000 miles.
Positive feedback from fleets who’ve purchased 2017 X15 engines validates the reliability, efficiency and drivability of these engines – showing the effectiveness of Cummins field testing, the most comprehensive in our history with a total of over 9 million miles of real-world experience. Trust us, we know what we’re doing. And the 15L is here to stay.
- Foton Signs MOC with Cummins and Launches the Second Stage of China Super Truck 2017-10-19
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation 2017-10-18
- Cummins’ Technological Leadership on Full Display at NACV 2017-09-26
- Dongfeng Cummins New Generation ISZ Engine Successfully Ignited 2017-09-05
- Cummins Unveils New Fully-Electric Heavy Duty Truck ahead of Tesla 2017-08-31
- New Chenglong H7 with Cummins X12 Engine Launched 2017-08-18
- Cummins to Invest Rs 1,500 Crore in India R&D 2017-08-10
- How Cummins Lead in New and Emerging Technologies 2017-06-15
- Exclusive Interview with Cummins GM of Global Bus Business 2017-05-25
- Cummins Westport “Moves to Zero” with New Natural Gas Engines 2017-05-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April