Cummins X15™ – Full Production, Full Success
www.chinatrucks.com: Think about this: the average amount of revenue lost during a single day of unplanned downtime is equal to the amount your fleet can save with a 2 percent increase in fuel economy over an entire year. That’s why having maximum uptime has to be your #1 priority. And Cummins X15 engines are delivering reliability and uptime over everything else.
With almost 20 years of refinement on the 15-liter platform, the X15 is one of the most reliable heavy-duty engines that the industry has seen in decades. In 2016, 35.4 percent of the entire Class 8 truck market was powered by Cummins, a full 4 share points ahead of the nearest competitor. Even more trucks are expected to be spec’ed with the X15 throughout 2017, as people are hearing firsthand from early movers about its performance and dependability.
Currently, 26,000 X15 engines have rolled off the line at Jamestown. Every intial forecast has been surpassed, with every single month this year exceeding expectations and a continual gap growing on demand.
Cummins continues to deliver best-in-class fuel economy with a 2-3 percent gain on the X15 Efficiency Series engines in the 400-450 horsepower range and 8-12 percent better mpg at 485-500 hp ratings. The use of ADEPT™ technologies, including SmartTorque2, Predictive Cruise Control and SmartCoast, contributes greatly to fuel efficiency and drivability. Downspeeding allows access to peak torque starting at just 1000 rpm. If you are currently running older equipment such as an EPA 2010 ISX15, you can expect to see up to 20 percent better fuel economy with a 2017 X15 Efficiency Series engine.
The X15 Performance Series engine for 2017 delivers the most powerful engine and engine brake combination in the industry. The engine brake delivers increased braking power where it is needed most, in the 1300-1700 rpm range. The high-flow ERG cooler, fuel pump and turbo compressor work together with high temperature exhaust valves and maximum piston cooling to enhance reliability and durability at higher output levels. Having peak torque available at 1150 rpm ensures exceptional fuel economy for a high-performance engine.
Extended maintenance intervals significantly reduce downtime and total cost of ownership for fleets by 40 percent over the first 500,000 miles vs. an EPA 2010 ISX15 engine. Oil changes can be extended as many as 80,000 miles with Cummins OilGuard program, and DPF maintenance is now needed only once every 600,000-800,000 miles.
Positive feedback from fleets who’ve purchased 2017 X15 engines validates the reliability, efficiency and drivability of these engines – showing the effectiveness of Cummins field testing, the most comprehensive in our history with a total of over 9 million miles of real-world experience. Trust us, we know what we’re doing. And the 15L is here to stay.
- The Two Millionth Heavy Duty Engine Just Produced at Cummins' Jamestown Plant 2018-07-27
- New Cummins X12 Engine to be First Introduced to Refuse Market by Autocar Trucks 2018-06-27
- Shacman Cummins Held Promotion in Chile 2018-06-13
- Chinese Automaker JAC Forms Joint Venture with Cummins 2018-05-15
- Autocar Trucks to Offer First New Cummins X12 Engines in North America 2018-04-18
- SHACMAN Cummins Power Continues to Strengthen its Presence in Zambia 2018-04-18
- Dongfeng Cummins ISZ Engine Took Part in 2018 Dakar Rally 2018-03-23
- Five Major Events in Cummins in 2017 2018-02-09
- Cummins Inc. Sales up Record 17% for Year, 22% for Quarter 2018-02-09
- Dongfeng Cummins ISZ Engine Makes Entry into New Market 2018-02-09
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November