Dongfeng and Volvo Put their First VT14-Speed Transmission into Batch Production
www.chinatrucks.com: On September, 14, 2017, Dongfeng and Volvo Put their first VT14-Speed Transmission in to mass production and its daily production capacity is expected to reach 62 sets per day.
VT14-speed transmission comes as another critical powertrain cooperation project after their engine project. It has been developed and optimized on the basis of Volvo technology platform, featuring fuel-saving, light weight and easier gearshift. In future, it will be mainly equipped with Dongfeng Kingland heavy trucks, offering stronger power and hill-climbing ability.
As the first project under operation between Dongfeng and Volvo, its factory construction has begun since March, 2015, giving it a production capacity of up to 30000 heavy-duty transmissions per year towards the end of its first construction phase. In April this year, the first 42 units of transmission passed production inspection. One month later, Dongfeng and Volvo put it into low rate initial production and rolls off another 300 units of transmission. After three months of break-in period, Dongfeng&Volvo officially begin to mass produce this VT14-speed transmission.
With the localization of VT14-speed transmission, Dongfeng has improved its ability to manufacture truck equipment and provide state-of-art trucks. Moreover, this will boost Dongfeng’s competition and market share in global powertrain and commercial vehicle market.
- 23 Units Dongfeng Light-duty Trucks Started Operation in Hunan 2017-10-11
- Dongfeng Trucks Makes a Successful Entry into the Russian market 2017-09-20
- Dongfeng Partners with Knorr-Bremse to Develop AMTs for Trucks in China 2017-09-12
- Dongfeng Cummins New Generation ISZ Engine Successfully Ignited 2017-09-05
- Dongfeng Cargo Truck with DDi Engine Coming to Suzhou 2017-08-24
- First Dongfeng Yufeng High-end Pickup P16 Makes its Debut in Kunming 2017-08-22
- Dongfeng Liuzhou Motor Be a Real Winner at China Truck Racing Championship 2017-08-02
- Dongfeng Opens First Flagship Store in Russia 2017-07-31
- Dongfeng Ranks 68th in Fortune Global 500 2017-07-28
- Dongfeng Signs Strategic Cooperation Agreement With ZGT 2017-07-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April