Daimler AG Ready To Bring Electric Trucks In India
www.chinatrucks.com: Daimler AG has completed five years in the Indian market with the BharatBenz brand and also introduced the country's first Euro-V compliant truck. Daimler has also launched an electric Fuso e Canter truck in New York. The German automaker has stated that it is ready to bring its electric trucks to the Indian market.
Head of Daimler Trucks Asia, Marc Llistosella stated that the company is willing to introduce the electric trucks in India if it gets good infrastructure support, local partnership and cooperation from the local bodies. He said, "The government needs to show real cases of electric infrastructure for vehicles. Not prototypes, but real cases which work."
Daimler has a programme for electric trucks in the global market and is working with local companies across different cities such as New York and London. The automaker also revealed that it is working on superchargers to charge electric trucks in just five minutes.
Speaking of hybrid trucks, Bharat Benz Managing Director, Eric Nesselhauf stated that the hybrid trucks are not a long-term solution for the Indian market. He said that it is similar to the bio-diesel technology which requires a lot of investment but yields lesser results.
Daimler AG also wants to offer environment-friendly products to the customers in India. In line with the idea, the company launched India's first Euro-V compliant medium-duty truck.
The Government of India has an ambitious plan of having all-electric vehicles by 2030. Now, Daimler AG has also revealed that it is ready to introduce electric trucks in India. But the main hurdle will be the infrastructure in the country with sufficient charging stations for eco-friendly vehicles.
- Daimler Launches eCanter Electric Truck, UPS Among First Customers 2017-09-18
- Mitsubishi Fuso Starts Production of eCanter Electric Truck 2017-08-25
- Daimler Fuso eCanter Electric Truck Enters Production in Europe 2017-08-10
- Daimler Builds Battery Factory in Beijing For EV Production 2017-07-27
- Wabco Extends Global Supply Deal with Daimler Trucks 2017-06-29
- Daimler India Ships the 10,000th Export Truck 2017-06-26
- Daimler to Start Producing Fuso Trucks in Thailand in 2018 2017-06-23
- Daimler's Brand "Bharat Benz" Trucks Crosses 50,000 Sales Mark in India 2017-06-20
- Daimler, Volvo Using India as an Export Hub for Its Trucks and Buses 2017-05-09
- Daimler Debuts Actros with Telligent Technology 2017-02-14
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April