Renault Trucks Stepping Up Presence in Iran
www.chinatrucks.com: Local vehicle manufacture SAIPA Diesel is in talks with the French Renault Trucks to introduce a new medium-duty truck in Iran.
SAIPA Diesel CEO Rasul Mohammad Sadeqi said, “Renault’s D-Wide model will be available to truckers in the coming months,” local automotive website Persian Khodro reported.
The model will be initially imported as completely built units and there are plans to later assemble the vehicle locally.
“In the next phases Renault trucks will be imported in the form of completely knocked down (CKDs) kits and assembled in the SAIPA production plants.”
The D-Wide comes with a capacious cabin. It incorporates automatic transmission and gives buyers the choice of two engines, the DTI5 and the DTI8 with a power output of 240 hp and 280 hp, respectively. Both engines meet Euro 6 emission standards.
The model is part of the French company’s D series, a range of medium-duty trucks designed in 2013 to replace Midlum series.
Renault Midlum trucks have a long history of presence in Iran and are popular with local trucking companies. The model used to be manufactured by SAIPA Diesel in collaboration with the French auto giant. However, the company halted production of the models six years ago after the international sanctions against Iran were tightened over the nuclear program dispute.
Sine 2016 Renault Trucks has been gradually expanding its footprint in Iran after years of dormancy. Last December an agreement was signed between Renault and an Iranian dealership for importing Renault T, C, and K series.
The T series entered the local market in July. It offers Euro 6, six-cylinder engines with 380, 430 and 460hp power output.
SAIPA Diesel also has a joint production deal with the Scandinavian company Volvo. Through the deal, SAIPA Diesel and Volvo will sell three new trucks in Iran’s market -- all three part of Volvo’s FM series. The presales of the models have been launched.
SAIPA has been producing Volvo trucks in recent years. But, production of the FM series was halted five years ago. With the international sanctions eased last year, Iranian auto companies and their affiliates are renewing ties with European firms.
Furthermore, SAIPA Diesel has joint production deals with China’s Dongfeng Motors and Foton producing several models in collaboration with the two companies.
The Chinese trucks are infamous for low quality. With SAIPA renewing ties with French and Swedish businesses, it is likely that Dongfeng and Foton trucks will lose their share in the market in the coming months.
It has been reported that over the years Chinese trucks have been offered on installment basis in Iran but had few buyers for two primary reasons: high lending rates that truckers cannot afford and the low quality of the heavy vehicles.
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Make China's Trucks And Vans Go Electric 2017-08-01
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Electrify China's Trucks And Vans 2017-07-12
- Groupe Pigeon receives the 800,000th Trucks made at the Renault Trucks plant 2017-05-04
- IAA Hannover 2014: Renault and Iveco win International Truck and Van of the Year Awards 2014-09-25
- Renault Trucks Secures New Euro 6 Range T Order from TAS Transport 2013-10-14
- Volvo Aug Truck Shipments Fall 4 Percent Year-on-Year, Hit by Product Rollout 2013-09-23
- Volvo and Renault to Equip Nissan Diesel Engines 2013-06-28
- Renault Launched All-new EURO VI Trucks 2013-06-14
- Daimler and Renault to hold Kamaz and Volga 2012-02-03
- Renault Kerax 8x4 XTREM released 2011-11-25
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Renault Trucks Stepping Up Presence in Iran
- Navistar Brings Electric Medium-Duty Truck in North America
- CNHTC with Its Strong Product Attended 1st Hong Kong International Auto Expo
- Daimler AG Ready To Bring Electric Trucks In India
- JAC Light-duty Trucks Show in Russian International Commercial Auto Show
- Sinotruk Proposes Reengineering Project to Strive for More Market Share
- JAC Put Four Light-duty Trucks on Display at Russia COMTRANS
- XCMG and Its 11 New Industrial-leading Fire Trucks Appear at China Fire 2017
- 2018 China (Guangzhou) Int’l Electric Vehicle Industrial Ecology Chain Expo
- Iveco to Attend China Fire Expo 2017
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April
- Data Shows China Pickup Builders Move Further into Overseas Market
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales