Wabco launches OnLaneAssist Advanced Driver Assistance System at NACV
www.chinatrucks.com: Wabco, a global supplier of technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, on Wednesday introduced OnLaneAssist, a safety technology for heavy-and medium-duty trucks and buses, according to a company statement.
Wabco’s OnLaneAssist is the first application of active steering technology in Wabco’s portfolio of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
The launch follows Wabco’s recent acquisition of RH Sheppard Co, a supplier of steering technologies for commercial vehicles, and signing of a cooperation agreement with Nexteer Automotive, which is involved in intuitive motion control.
Wabco made the announcement at the inaugural North American Commercial Vehicle Show (NACV) at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The company is displaying its most advanced technologies, which mobilise vehicle intelligence to support the industry’s vision of autonomous driving.
Wabco’s OnLaneAssist helps improve commercial vehicle safety and driver comfort by avoiding collisions related to unintentional lane departures.
It leverages active steering technology and a forward-looking camera to provide active lane correction functionality.OnLaneAssist contributes to vehicle safety by detecting lane markings and continuously evaluating the vehicle’s position relative to them.
It also distinguishes between planned lane changes and lane drifting. In case of lane drifting, the system autonomously intervenes before the vehicle unintendedly leaves its lane by applying a correction torque to the steering wheel to return the vehicle towards the lane center.
OnLaneAssist also smoothly releases the torque as soon as the proper driving path is re-established.
OnLaneAssist is Wabco’s first Advanced Driver Assistance System based on Sheppard’s US market-leading steering technology integrated with Nexteer’s steering automation technology.
Wabco’s acquisition of Sheppard provides key capabilities for lateral vehicle control through active steering, complementing Wabco’s technologies in longitudinal control through active braking, stability and suspension controls.
Full dynamic control of commercial vehicles – lateral and longitudinal – is necessary to progressively achieve the industry’s vision of autonomous driving.
“OnLaneAssist represents another important milestone on the commercial vehicle industry’s roadmap towards autonomous driving,” said Jorge Solis, President, Truck, Bus and Car Original Equipment Manufacturers Division, Wabco.
- WABCO Signs Deal with a Major Global Maker of Trucks and Buses on mBSP Tech 2017-08-17
- Wabco Extends Global Supply Deal with Daimler Trucks 2017-06-29
- FAW Signs Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with WABCO in Brussels 2017-06-29
- WABCO Signs Agreement With G7 to Form Joint Venture for Truck FMS 2017-04-25
- Auto Shanghai 2017: WABCO Showcases Industry-Leading CV Technologies 2017-04-25
- WABCO Introduces Electronically Controlled Air Suspension Technology to Truck Market in China 2014-09-25
- Beiben and WABCO Signs Strategic Agreement 2012-11-29
- WABCO enhances trailer air suspension 2012-09-21
- Meritor wins Remanufacturer of Year award from European mag 2012-09-05
- Meritor Wabco adds ABS system as standard on ProStar+, LoneStar 2012-08-07
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April