Wabco launches OnLaneAssist Advanced Driver Assistance System at NACV
www.chinatrucks.com: Wabco, a global supplier of technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, on Wednesday introduced OnLaneAssist, a safety technology for heavy-and medium-duty trucks and buses, according to a company statement.
Wabco’s OnLaneAssist is the first application of active steering technology in Wabco’s portfolio of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
The launch follows Wabco’s recent acquisition of RH Sheppard Co, a supplier of steering technologies for commercial vehicles, and signing of a cooperation agreement with Nexteer Automotive, which is involved in intuitive motion control.
Wabco made the announcement at the inaugural North American Commercial Vehicle Show (NACV) at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The company is displaying its most advanced technologies, which mobilise vehicle intelligence to support the industry’s vision of autonomous driving.
Wabco’s OnLaneAssist helps improve commercial vehicle safety and driver comfort by avoiding collisions related to unintentional lane departures.
It leverages active steering technology and a forward-looking camera to provide active lane correction functionality.OnLaneAssist contributes to vehicle safety by detecting lane markings and continuously evaluating the vehicle’s position relative to them.
It also distinguishes between planned lane changes and lane drifting. In case of lane drifting, the system autonomously intervenes before the vehicle unintendedly leaves its lane by applying a correction torque to the steering wheel to return the vehicle towards the lane center.
OnLaneAssist also smoothly releases the torque as soon as the proper driving path is re-established.
OnLaneAssist is Wabco’s first Advanced Driver Assistance System based on Sheppard’s US market-leading steering technology integrated with Nexteer’s steering automation technology.
Wabco’s acquisition of Sheppard provides key capabilities for lateral vehicle control through active steering, complementing Wabco’s technologies in longitudinal control through active braking, stability and suspension controls.
Full dynamic control of commercial vehicles – lateral and longitudinal – is necessary to progressively achieve the industry’s vision of autonomous driving.
“OnLaneAssist represents another important milestone on the commercial vehicle industry’s roadmap towards autonomous driving,” said Jorge Solis, President, Truck, Bus and Car Original Equipment Manufacturers Division, Wabco.
- Wabco Launches First Customer Care Center in North America 2018-08-03
- WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors 2018-07-16
- WABCO Achieves a New annual Record for Customer Awards and Industry Recognition 2018-06-15
- Sinotruk Extends Cooperation Agreement with WABCO on ADAS, AMT, EBS, ECAS Tech 2018-04-12
- Wabco Stood Out among Other Suppliers to Win Two Awards from Sinotruk 2018-03-15
- Wabco Invests $10 Million in Nikola Motor, Looks to Advance Safety for EV 2017-12-28
- WABCO and Dongfeng Liuzhou Strengthen Strategic Partnership in China 2017-12-20
- WABCO Signs Deal with a Major Global Maker of Trucks and Buses on mBSP Tech 2017-08-17
- Wabco Extends Global Supply Deal with Daimler Trucks 2017-06-29
- FAW Signs Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with WABCO in Brussels 2017-06-29
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November