Chinese-made 2018 LDV T60 Gets a Five-star ANCAP Score
www.chinatrucks.com: The LDV T60 could be the first Chinese-made vehicle to get a five-star ANCAP score. The brand is clearly hoping that’ll be the case.
The 2018 LDV T60 dual-cab 4×4 ute is aimed at business buyers and private drivers alike, with aggressive pricing and strong equipment lists offered for each variant.There’s undoubtedly a stigma around Chinese vehicles and the levels of safety they offer, and that’s something LDV and its parent company SAIC – one of the largest automotive companies on the planet – are aiming to address.
Hao Jingxian, chief technical officer for SAIC, told Australian media that there’s a very good chance the new ute will be the first Chinese-built vehicle offered in Australia to attain the highest possible safety score.
“We already passed all the certification tests for the Australian market, including the ANCAP five-star,” Jingxian said – but it must be clear, he wasn’t stating that a five-star score has been awarded, only that the company expects that will be the case.
“We’ve already done all the tests and the repairs [engineering fixes for any shortcomings] and we are confident we will reach the ANCAP five-star score, and this final approval will be announced soon,” he said.
It’s fair to suggest the LDV T60 is the safest Chinese ute ever, purely based on the standard specification offered. Even in the base model the T60 has a rear-view camera, rear parking sensors, blind-spot monitoring and six airbags.
It doesn’t get some of the more fancied items that the D90 SUV will get, like radar cruise control, forward collision warning and autonomous emergency braking.
- 2018 China (Guangzhou) Int’l Electric Vehicle Industrial Ecology Chain Expo 2017-09-14
- LDV T60 Wants 10% of the Workhorse Market in Australia 2017-10-20
- 2017 SAIC LDV T60 on sale in Australia from October 2017-03-24
- SAIC confirms interest in buying UK van-maker LDV 2009-12-03
- First 300 Units of SAIC MAXUS T60 Pickups shipping off to Chile 2017-06-19
- Epoch-making SAIC MAXUS T60 Debut in Guangzhou Auto Show 2016-11-17
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April