Meritor® Launches Optimized EX+ Air Disc Brake
www.chinatrucks.com: Meritor, Inc. (NYSE: MTOR) today announced its EX+ air disc brake for tractors and trailers has been optimized to reduce product weight and total cost of ownership. The optimized EX+ will be available to OEMs in 2018.
"As demand for air disc brake systems is rising, we're leveraging 100 years of Meritor's industry leadership to develop and improve products and technologies such as the EX+," said Chris Villavarayan, president, Americas for Meritor. "By updating and optimizing the EX+, our engineers reduced weight by 10 pounds per brake to offer the lightest-weight truck ADB on the market while also maintaining reliability."
Built to maximize productivity by reducing maintenance time and costs, the gear-synchronized, twin-piston design delivers even force across the brake pads simultaneously, resulting in better performance and uniform pad wear. The EX+ offers shorter and smoother stopping distances and reduced brake fade. A patented double-sealing technology minimizes water exposure to seal the EX+ for life. It simplifies pad service steps – including 30-minute pad changes – and lowers maintenance costs with faster inspection and repair times.
"Fleets are beginning to see the benefits of air disc brakes, especially in safety and performance," Villavarayan said. "We have validated the EX+ in the most severe conditions to deliver superior performance and lower lifecycle costs."
Additionally, Meritor air disc brakes are compatible with most collision mitigation systems currently on the market. Fleets can also specify drum brakes on rear axles and ADBs on the front. When combined with Meritor's market-leading Q+™, fleets realize the benefits of an ADB but at reduced system cost.
Meritor's improved standard warranty now offers coverage of five years and 500,000 miles for both parts and labor on linehaul applications when specified with Meritor's exclusive friction. Meritor brakes are backed by DriveForce™ – Meritor's North America sales and service organization – to assist customers before, during and after the sale.
- Meritor® Announces Electric Solutions Platform for Commercial Vehicles 2017-09-29
- Meritor CEO calls remanufacturing 'critical' to sustainability program 2012-10-15
- Meritor wins Remanufacturer of Year award from European mag 2012-09-05
- Meritor Wabco adds ABS system as standard on ProStar+, LoneStar 2012-08-07
- Meritor offering new instructor-led training courses 2012-07-17
- ArvinMeritor automobile body business has been sold 2011-01-05
- XMAL Invests Additional $17.3 Million to Expand its Off-Highway Business in China 2010-11-23
- Arvin Meritor sets up new production base in Nanjing 2010-11-04
- ArvinMeritor to sell body system business 2010-08-11
- ArvinMeritor to invest advanced technology in five years 2010-07-26
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Renault Trucks Stepping Up Presence in Iran
- Navistar Brings Electric Medium-Duty Truck in North America
- CNHTC with Its Strong Product Attended 1st Hong Kong International Auto Expo
- Daimler AG Ready To Bring Electric Trucks In India
- JAC Light-duty Trucks Show in Russian International Commercial Auto Show
- Sinotruk Proposes Reengineering Project to Strive for More Market Share
- JAC Put Four Light-duty Trucks on Display at Russia COMTRANS
- XCMG and Its 11 New Industrial-leading Fire Trucks Appear at China Fire 2017
- 2018 China (Guangzhou) Int’l Electric Vehicle Industrial Ecology Chain Expo
- Iveco to Attend China Fire Expo 2017
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April
- Data Shows China Pickup Builders Move Further into Overseas Market
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales