Meritor® Launches Optimized EX+ Air Disc Brake
www.chinatrucks.com: Meritor, Inc. (NYSE: MTOR) today announced its EX+ air disc brake for tractors and trailers has been optimized to reduce product weight and total cost of ownership. The optimized EX+ will be available to OEMs in 2018.
"As demand for air disc brake systems is rising, we're leveraging 100 years of Meritor's industry leadership to develop and improve products and technologies such as the EX+," said Chris Villavarayan, president, Americas for Meritor. "By updating and optimizing the EX+, our engineers reduced weight by 10 pounds per brake to offer the lightest-weight truck ADB on the market while also maintaining reliability."
Built to maximize productivity by reducing maintenance time and costs, the gear-synchronized, twin-piston design delivers even force across the brake pads simultaneously, resulting in better performance and uniform pad wear. The EX+ offers shorter and smoother stopping distances and reduced brake fade. A patented double-sealing technology minimizes water exposure to seal the EX+ for life. It simplifies pad service steps – including 30-minute pad changes – and lowers maintenance costs with faster inspection and repair times.
"Fleets are beginning to see the benefits of air disc brakes, especially in safety and performance," Villavarayan said. "We have validated the EX+ in the most severe conditions to deliver superior performance and lower lifecycle costs."
Additionally, Meritor air disc brakes are compatible with most collision mitigation systems currently on the market. Fleets can also specify drum brakes on rear axles and ADBs on the front. When combined with Meritor's market-leading Q+™, fleets realize the benefits of an ADB but at reduced system cost.
Meritor's improved standard warranty now offers coverage of five years and 500,000 miles for both parts and labor on linehaul applications when specified with Meritor's exclusive friction. Meritor brakes are backed by DriveForce™ – Meritor's North America sales and service organization – to assist customers before, during and after the sale.
- Meritor® Announces Electric Solutions Platform for Commercial Vehicles 2017-09-29
- Meritor CEO calls remanufacturing 'critical' to sustainability program 2012-10-15
- Meritor wins Remanufacturer of Year award from European mag 2012-09-05
- Meritor Wabco adds ABS system as standard on ProStar+, LoneStar 2012-08-07
- Meritor offering new instructor-led training courses 2012-07-17
- ArvinMeritor automobile body business has been sold 2011-01-05
- XMAL Invests Additional $17.3 Million to Expand its Off-Highway Business in China 2010-11-23
- Arvin Meritor sets up new production base in Nanjing 2010-11-04
- ArvinMeritor to sell body system business 2010-08-11
- ArvinMeritor to invest advanced technology in five years 2010-07-26
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November