VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
www.chinatrucks.com: Navistar has announced from the North American Commercial Vehicle Show that, together with Volkswagen Truck & Bus, it will introduce a new electric medium-duty truck.
Earlier this year, Navistar and Volkswagen Truck & Bus formed an alliance to jointly develop various vehicle power-trains – including plug-ins. VW now owns 16.6% of Navistar.
The first all-electric project, a medium-duty vehicle, is launching at just about the right time to catch onto the growing interest in electric trucks.
Navistar plans to introduce the truck in late 2019 or early 2020, with the target market for the vehicle to be the U.S. and Canada.
The Class 6 or 7 etruck is aimed city delivery customers and will have a range of just over 110 miles (180 km) with a payload of about 18 tons.
Troy A. Clarke, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Navistar said:
“Our alliance with Volkswagen Truck & Bus is allowing us to move much more quickly into electric propulsion thanks to our ability to leverage their technology investments and components in segments of the market where we’re already a leader. We believe the Class 6/7 vehicle is ideal for electric powertrain solutions in the near term, given its abundance of packaging space, and that these vehicles typically run short distances and can depot to recharge at the end of the day.”
However, we should not attribute too much importance to the announcement of electrification, as Navistar is also developing new conventional products, which are still its main business; it remains to be seen what the outcome (and volume) of this project will ultimately be.
- VW Truck & Bus Enters Cooperation with Hino Motors 2018-04-18
- VW Partners with JAC to Form Light Commercial Vehicles JV 2017-11-30
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses 2017-10-20
- VW Truck and Bus Expect Profit Up to Strong Sales in China and Europe 2017-03-24
- 317,000 VW commercial vehicles sold Jan to July 2012-08-29
- Sales of VW commercial vehicles up 10% in Jan. 2012-02-16
- VW Recalls 12,600 Small Wagons 2011-03-15
- Scania and VW Build Financial Alliance in China 2011-02-18
- No recovery yet at VW's commercial vehicles ops 2010-01-21
- VW to produce first pick-up in Argentina 2009-12-29
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
- KIA Comes Back to Pakistan with Frontier K2700 Pickup
- Autonomous Trucking Obtains Popularity in China
- Daimler Unveils Two Heavy-duty Electric Trucks in Race with Tesla
- JD.com Launches Solar Delivery Trucks in Green Logistics Push
- JD.com Unveils Self-driving Truck
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July