VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
www.chinatrucks.com: Navistar has announced from the North American Commercial Vehicle Show that, together with Volkswagen Truck & Bus, it will introduce a new electric medium-duty truck.
Earlier this year, Navistar and Volkswagen Truck & Bus formed an alliance to jointly develop various vehicle power-trains – including plug-ins. VW now owns 16.6% of Navistar.
The first all-electric project, a medium-duty vehicle, is launching at just about the right time to catch onto the growing interest in electric trucks.
Navistar plans to introduce the truck in late 2019 or early 2020, with the target market for the vehicle to be the U.S. and Canada.
The Class 6 or 7 etruck is aimed city delivery customers and will have a range of just over 110 miles (180 km) with a payload of about 18 tons.
Troy A. Clarke, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Navistar said:
“Our alliance with Volkswagen Truck & Bus is allowing us to move much more quickly into electric propulsion thanks to our ability to leverage their technology investments and components in segments of the market where we’re already a leader. We believe the Class 6/7 vehicle is ideal for electric powertrain solutions in the near term, given its abundance of packaging space, and that these vehicles typically run short distances and can depot to recharge at the end of the day.”
However, we should not attribute too much importance to the announcement of electrification, as Navistar is also developing new conventional products, which are still its main business; it remains to be seen what the outcome (and volume) of this project will ultimately be.
- VW Truck and Bus Expect Profit Up to Strong Sales in China and Europe 2017-03-24
- 317,000 VW commercial vehicles sold Jan to July 2012-08-29
- Sales of VW commercial vehicles up 10% in Jan. 2012-02-16
- VW Recalls 12,600 Small Wagons 2011-03-15
- Scania and VW Build Financial Alliance in China 2011-02-18
- No recovery yet at VW's commercial vehicles ops 2010-01-21
- VW to produce first pick-up in Argentina 2009-12-29
- VW To Fold MAN, Scania Into Trucks Unit 2009-12-07
- MAN Truck Unit Seeks Ventures Rather Than Mergers 2009-09-28
- MAN: Doesn't Expect Change In VW, Scania Truck Cooperations 2009-08-03
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
- Sinotruk Orders Its First PowerPhase DT Electric-drive System from UQM
- Renault Trucks Stepping Up Presence in Iran
- Navistar Brings Electric Medium-Duty Truck in North America
- CNHTC with Its Strong Product Attended 1st Hong Kong International Auto Expo
- Daimler AG Ready To Bring Electric Trucks In India
- JAC Light-duty Trucks Show in Russian International Commercial Auto Show
- Sinotruk Proposes Reengineering Project to Strive for More Market Share
- JAC Put Four Light-duty Trucks on Display at Russia COMTRANS
- XCMG and Its 11 New Industrial-leading Fire Trucks Appear at China Fire 2017
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April
- Data Shows China Pickup Builders Move Further into Overseas Market
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales