Jiefang Smart-driving Trucks Successfully Passed Trial Operation
On October 6, three Jiefang smart-driving trucks successfully passed a trial operation.
In April this year, Jiefang successfully put its self-driving trucks on the road, demonstrating its latest achievements in smart-driving vehicle development and attracting wide media attention.
Compared with the trial operation in April, the one held in October has made several breakthroughs. First, the vehicles are equipped with more advanced L2+ driver assistance systems. Second, the testing ground moved from a closed one inside FAW to an expressway, bringing more challenges for the vehicles. Third, each vehicle has a container at its back, making their operation closer to real-time operation.
During the trial operation, attention was mainly focused on ACC, AEB and LKAS. Jiefang smart-driving trucks automatically drove at the constant speed set in advance. When driving at some bumpy roads, the vehicles lowered their speed accordingly without any assistance from the driver. Also during the trial operation, Jiefang smart-driving trucks’ control systems can not only send alarms, but also accomplish automatic braking. In addition, the vehicles’ camera can help vehicles detect lanes, freeing drivers from the driver’s seats and giving them the freedom to perform some other activities.
Recently, FAW Jiefang officially launched a new smart-driving truck development plan. According to it, the company will roll out L3 smart-driving trucks in 2018, which are able to sense surrounding environment, perform LPS and track planning. By 2020, the company will have L4 smart-driving trucks available based on 5G driving networks, making their vehicles more intelligent. By 2025, Jiefang L5 automatic driving trucks are set to hit China’s commercial vehicle market. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Hino New Trucks Debut at South America Joburg Futuroad Expo 2017-09-30
- FAW Jiefang Presents Two Updated Dump Trucks on Russian COMTRANS 2017 2017-09-20
- FAW Jiefang New Energy Vehicle Project Settles in Qingdao 2017-09-04
- FAW Jiefang’s Big Plans for African Growth 2017-08-03
- FAW and China Railway Promote Cooperation Level 2017-07-28
- FAW Ranks 125th in Fortune Global 500 2017-07-28
- Jiefang New J6 Plateau Version is Launched 2017-07-24
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017 2017-07-17
- FAW Signs Strategic Co-op Agreement with Baidu 2017-07-15
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June 2017-07-05
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
- Sinotruk Orders Its First PowerPhase DT Electric-drive System from UQM
- Renault Trucks Stepping Up Presence in Iran
- Navistar Brings Electric Medium-Duty Truck in North America
- CNHTC with Its Strong Product Attended 1st Hong Kong International Auto Expo
- Daimler AG Ready To Bring Electric Trucks In India
- JAC Light-duty Trucks Show in Russian International Commercial Auto Show
- Sinotruk Proposes Reengineering Project to Strive for More Market Share
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April
- Data Shows China Pickup Builders Move Further into Overseas Market
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales