Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
U.S. chipmaker Nvidia, German supplier ZF and logistics giant Deutsche Post DHL have partnered to deploy a test fleet of autonomous electric delivery trucks starting in 2018.
The trucks will be outfitted with ZF's ProAI self-driving system, which is based on Nvidia's Drive PX technology, the IT firm said at the GPU Technology Conference here on Tuesday.
The company said that size of the fleet and the first cities that will test the self-driving trucks will be announced later.
The Deutsche Post StreetScooter electric vehicles chosen for the pilot will be equipped with ZF’s cameras, lidar and radar, which will all feed into the supplier's ProAI system. That system can enable the vehicle to use artificial intelligence (AI) to understand its environment, plan a safe path forward, proceed along a selected route and park itself. The aim is to ensure deliveries can be made with greater accuracy and safety, and at lower cost, Nvidia said in a release.
“The development of autonomous delivery vehicles demonstrates how AI and deep learning are also reshaping the commercial transportation industry,” NVIDIA founder and CEO Jensen Huang said in the release. “As online shopping continues to explode, and the shortage of truck drivers becomes more dire, AI-enabled vehicles will be key to providing last-mile delivery services.”
Taking packages from a central point to their final destinations is considered the most complex and costliest aspect of courier and e-commerce deliveries. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- ZF: China Commercial Vehicle Has Huge Market Potential 2018-08-01
- ZF Prepares Electric, Autonomous Truck Takeover 2018-07-23
- ZF Outlines Vision for the Future 2018-07-02
- ZF Enters China’s Forklift Market, Launches JV with Anhui Heli Co 2018-02-10
- ZF Launches First Heavy Duty Electric Park Brake on Ford Motor Company F-150 2017-09-28
- Cutting-edge ZF Technology Used by Auman EST-A 2017-03-28
- ZF Working on Artificial Intelligence for Commercial Vehicles 2017-01-10
- ZF Establishes Zukunft Ventures GmbH to Accelerate Innovation 2016-10-17
- ZF Withdraws All-cash Offer for Haldex 2016-10-08
- Again Double Victory for ZF at "Best Commercial Vehicles – Best Brands 2015" Readers' Choice 2015-06-15
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November