Foton Signs MOC with Cummins and Launches the Second Stage of China Super Truck
On October 13, 2017, The 8th U.S.-China Energy Efficiency Forum was held in Denver, Colorado, US. At the forum, Foton Motor and Cummins signed a Memorandum of Green Power and Smart Truck Cooperation Development Project, which indicates that Foton Motor and Cummins will launch an in-depth cooperation in tackling global climate change under the consensus of boosting energy-saving, low-carbon and green development, and also marks the launching of the second stage of the "China Super Truck" program.
This new cooperation aims at performing in-depth cooperations in green energy sources, that is, based on the advantages of the both sides in technologies and resources, using new energy-saving technologies to complete the optimization of the powertrain system and vehicle integration, reducing fuel consumption and enhancing transport efficiency, creating globally-leading green smart trucks to comply with the trend of green environmental protection and practice the requirements of US-China clean energy cooperation.
Since 2008 when Foton Motor and Cummins established the joint venture, engines produced by Foton Cummins have covered light-duty and heavy-duty engine series, with emission standards meeting the requirements in the globally strictest emission-related laws and regulations, Foton Cummins engines can meet Euro IV, Euro V and Euro VI emission standards.
ISG super powertrain is Cummins' exclusive powertrain for Super Truck. Its outstanding intelligent technology and high-efficiency fuel-saving advantages contribute to it being a global mainstream primary powertrain for high-end heavy-duty truck. FOTON AUMAN EST and EST-A heavy duty truck which are equipped with ISG super powertrain, can reduce fuel consumption and carbon emission and enhance transport efficiency sharply.
FOTON AUMAN EST series will be launched in Russia, Peru, Thailand, etc. this year, which has been researched and developed for 4 years with European standards, based on research and development advantages of Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive Co., Ltd.(BFDA), matched with Cummins ISG exclusive powertrain, and integrated globally top-level commercial vehicle core supply chains including Cummins, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Wabco, Continental, etc. Leading the trend of the Chinese truck with scientific and technological breakthroughs, FOTON AUMAN EST series has become China's real first-generation Super Truck.
In addition, Foton Motor allied with globally top-level supply chain systems to establish “China Intelligent Connected Super Truck Alliance”, aiming at realizing construction and development of smart traffic and smart city on a global scale. through intelligent interconnection automobile products.
The signature of Memorandum on Strategic Cooperation of green power and Smart Truck indicates that the second stage of “China Super Truck” program is launched formally. Its target is to reduce fuel consumption up to 15-20%, decrease carbon emission up to 20% and enhance transport efficiency up to 50%.
Foton Motor, as the backbone force of China automobile industry, with the characteristic of “green, high efficiency, safety and intelligence”, will cooperate with Cummins to provide green super powertrain and intelligent Super Truck for global commercial vehicle market, as well as will show the strong power of “China Intelligent Manufacturing” in the world. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Foton Forland Held its 2018 Mid-term Business Conference in Harbin 2018-08-15
- Foton Motor Launched Auman EST A in Malaysia 2018-08-13
- Foton and Italian Piaggio Group Compeletes Final Step in Partnership for LCV 2018-07-20
- New Foton Auman ETX Car Transporter Delivered to Customers 2018-07-18
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand 2018-07-13
- Foton Auman EST Rolls out a New Version for Transporting Dangerous Chemicals 2018-07-06
- Foton Aumark Launches After-sales Service Campaign in Iran 2018-07-06
- 100 Foton Light Trucks Delivered to Vietnam J&T Express 2018-07-03
- FOTON Opened Its 25th Philippine Dealership - Talisay Dealership 2018-06-28
- Foton Aumark Electric Logistics Vehicle Attends EVTec China 2018 2018-06-26
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November