Foton Signs MOC with Cummins and Launches the Second Stage of China Super Truck
On October 13, 2017, The 8th U.S.-China Energy Efficiency Forum was held in Denver, Colorado, US. At the forum, Foton Motor and Cummins signed a Memorandum of Green Power and Smart Truck Cooperation Development Project, which indicates that Foton Motor and Cummins will launch an in-depth cooperation in tackling global climate change under the consensus of boosting energy-saving, low-carbon and green development, and also marks the launching of the second stage of the "China Super Truck" program.
This new cooperation aims at performing in-depth cooperations in green energy sources, that is, based on the advantages of the both sides in technologies and resources, using new energy-saving technologies to complete the optimization of the powertrain system and vehicle integration, reducing fuel consumption and enhancing transport efficiency, creating globally-leading green smart trucks to comply with the trend of green environmental protection and practice the requirements of US-China clean energy cooperation.
Since 2008 when Foton Motor and Cummins established the joint venture, engines produced by Foton Cummins have covered light-duty and heavy-duty engine series, with emission standards meeting the requirements in the globally strictest emission-related laws and regulations, Foton Cummins engines can meet Euro IV, Euro V and Euro VI emission standards.
ISG super powertrain is Cummins' exclusive powertrain for Super Truck. Its outstanding intelligent technology and high-efficiency fuel-saving advantages contribute to it being a global mainstream primary powertrain for high-end heavy-duty truck. FOTON AUMAN EST and EST-A heavy duty truck which are equipped with ISG super powertrain, can reduce fuel consumption and carbon emission and enhance transport efficiency sharply.
FOTON AUMAN EST series will be launched in Russia, Peru, Thailand, etc. this year, which has been researched and developed for 4 years with European standards, based on research and development advantages of Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive Co., Ltd.(BFDA), matched with Cummins ISG exclusive powertrain, and integrated globally top-level commercial vehicle core supply chains including Cummins, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Wabco, Continental, etc. Leading the trend of the Chinese truck with scientific and technological breakthroughs, FOTON AUMAN EST series has become China's real first-generation Super Truck.
In addition, Foton Motor allied with globally top-level supply chain systems to establish “China Intelligent Connected Super Truck Alliance”, aiming at realizing construction and development of smart traffic and smart city on a global scale. through intelligent interconnection automobile products.
The signature of Memorandum on Strategic Cooperation of green power and Smart Truck indicates that the second stage of “China Super Truck” program is launched formally. Its target is to reduce fuel consumption up to 15-20%, decrease carbon emission up to 20% and enhance transport efficiency up to 50%.
Foton Motor, as the backbone force of China automobile industry, with the characteristic of “green, high efficiency, safety and intelligence”, will cooperate with Cummins to provide green super powertrain and intelligent Super Truck for global commercial vehicle market, as well as will show the strong power of “China Intelligent Manufacturing” in the world. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation 2017-10-18
- Expo 2017 Astana: Foton Creating the Sole Designated Vehicles of China Pavilion 2017-09-11
- Foton Opens Philippines Marilao Bulacan Dealership 2017-08-25
- 7 Heavy Truck Enterprises to Split the 50 bn Market Cake in Logistics Industry 2017-06-08
- Foton Motor Commercial Vehicles Powering the Belt and Road Initiative 2017-06-07
- China Truck Makers to Come Out as Winners from the Belt & Road Initiative 2017-05-31
- EXPO2017: Foton Became the Sole Supplier of Designated Vehicle of China Pavilion 2017-05-19
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales 2017-05-16
- Top Ten Rankings for Medium Trucks in April, 2017 2017-05-16
- Shanghai Autoshow: Foton to Launch Aumark S1 Super Light Truck 2017-04-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April