Allison Transmission announces xFE models for 1000 Series™ and 2000 Series™
Allison Transmission today announced availability of its latest fuel economy technology for its 1000 Series™ and 2000 Series™. Referred to as xFE, designating extra fuel economy, the fully automatic bus and truck transmissions have demonstrated improvements up to 7 percent when compared to baseline models.
“Other than our electric hybrid products, xFE models represent the very best fuel economy technology we offer,” said John Coll, senior vice president of global marketing, sales and service for Allison Transmission. “Our goal with this expansion of the xFE portfolio is to also now achieve the best fuel economy from an automatic transmission in smaller, medium-duty buses and trucks.”
The 1000 Series and 2000 Series xFE transmissions have the same space claim and ratings as current models, but incorporate a redesigned torque converter damper coupled with the FuelSense 2.0 Max package. The damper enables first range lock up, delivering significantly more lock up operation and operating at lower engine speeds in higher ranges to further improve fuel economy. All xFE transmissions are compatible with alternative fuel engines.
“The new design works to achieve enhanced fuel economy in start-stop dense, low average speed duty cycles,” said Coll. “Transit and city buses are the ideal candidates for this technology and that’s why we’ve remained focused on those applications.”
First announced in 2015, xFE transmissions were exclusively available in the 3000 Series™ for bus applications. The new models represent the first expansion of the xFE portfolio and come standard with FuelSense 2.0.
Announced in March, FuelSense® 2.0 with DynActive™ Shifting delivers additional fuel savings beyond original FuelSense software. Through a set of proprietary software enhancements, the new FuelSense 2.0 uses DynActive Shifting to provide an infinitely variable combination of shift points and uses a learning algorithm to continuously find the ideal balance of fuel economy and performance. Available in three packages, FuelSense 2.0 allows fleets to optimize fuel economy and performance to their specific needs.
Allison transmissions use Continuous Power Technology™ to smoothly multiply engine torque and deliver more power to the wheels. Drivers with Allison transmissions experience better productivity, fuel economy, driver comfort, safety and operational flexibility than those with manual and automated manual transmissions (AMTs). Allison Automatics are globally recognized for their quality and reliability, and a greater overall economic value. This is demonstrated by the residual value that accompanies an Allison-equipped vehicle, as compared to a vehicle equipped with a manual, AMT or dual-clutch transmission (DCT). (www.chinabuses.org)
- Goiás Fire Buys Allison-equipped Mercedes-Benz Atego 1729 Units 2018-08-13
- China’s Renowned Wrecker Fleet Chooses Allison Transmissions 2018-07-02
- Allison Transmission Showcases New Magirus Fire Truck at SICUR 2018 2018-04-23
- Allison Reaches Milestone with Production of the 500,000th Transmission 2017-12-01
- Aurich Waste Company Improves Productivity with Allison-equipped DAF Side-loader 2017-11-27
- Aomori Airport Upgrades Emergency Response Fleet with Allison-equipped Vehicles 2017-11-09
- Conghua Selects Allison Transmissions for New Sanitation Trucks 2017-10-27
- Allison Introduces Next GEN of Technology for Fully Automatic Transmission 2017-10-09
- Terberg Electric Truck Uses Allison Transmission, Launch with GCW up to 65 Tons 2017-09-12
- Waste Disposal Company Improves Driver Safety and Productivity with Allison 2017-07-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November