SAIC EV80 Autonomous Light Truck Eyed by JD for Driverless Deliveries
Chinese ecommerce giant JD unveiled its latest invention last week: an autonomous delivery truck able to identify traffic signals and sense obstacles from over 100 metres away.
The US-listed firm -- which has strived to utilize unmanned vehicles to beef up delivery efficiency -- said the EV80 autonomous light truck jointly developed with SAIC Maxus is equipped with radars, sensors, high-precision mapping, and a positioning system that can detect obstacles from 150 meters away and rearrange the route, according to a Sina news report.
The front camera installed on the truck can analyse road conditions and identify traffic lights, which helps the truck realise a number of other autonomous features such as lane shift, parking-lot identification, and automatic parking.
It is the first autonomous vehicle launched for delivery purposes and JD has started trial tests of the new unmanned truck at areas designated by the traffic police, said the report, adding that a human driver is nevertheless sitting inside the vehicle to ensure safety during the trial.
JD has said it also teamed up with Dongfeng Motor to research and develop an unmanned light delivery van, without disclosing details.
The driverless truck is a new addition to JD's unmanned delivery vehicles, as the Chinese ecommerce giant has already utilized drones to deliver goods at certain areas in China that allow drone operation.
The drone developed by JD is able to carry packages weighing 1 ton or more and could realise long-distance deliveries, the company said earlier.
JD is the second-largest ecommerce platform in China after Alibaba, which reportedly owns over 2 million regular customers on its JD platform.
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July 2018-08-09
- SAIC Yuejin Launches First Internet-connected New Energy Light-duty Trucks 2018-07-12
- SAIC Hongyan Delivers GENPAW Trucks to Customers in Wuhan and Changsha 2018-07-03
- SAIC Motor Yuejin Internet-connected New Energy Light Truck Makes its Debut 2018-06-29
- SAIC Hongyan Trucks to Be Shipped to Congo for Operation 2018-06-26
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018 2018-06-25
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May 2018-06-19
- SAIC Hongyan Showcased Its Products at Vietnam 2018 Auto Expo 2018-06-12
- SAIC Hongyan Trucks Exhibits at Auto Expo Changzhi 2018-06-05
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Volume Exceeded 7,000 Units in May 2018-06-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November