SAIC Maxus EV80 Electric Van Launches In Europe
After several recent major announcements, we can only conclude we apparently missed the memo that it is EV/commercial van month right now, as China’s largest vehicle manufacturer SAIC, has introduced its own all-electric Maxus EV80 van for Europe.
According to the company, it is rated at 200 km/124 miles (we assume NEDC, so something like 150km/94 miles in the real world/EPA), however we don’t yet know the battery capacity. Nonetheless, SAIC says a full charge takes about 2 hours.
The payload capacity is 950 kg (2,100 lbs). Cargo volume is up to 10.2 m3.
For now the Maxus EV80 is apparently available to over 200 major fleet operators in Europe (France, Germany, Austria and Benelux).
Without pricing, are not sure whether the Maxus EV80 is more competitive than the Nissan e-NV200 (which recently got upgraded to a 40 kWh battery – good for a NEDC rating of 280 km/174 miles), but SAIC is at least trying to use its deep “New Energy Vehicle” experience gained from Chinese operations.
Separately, SAIC will relaunch the MG passenger in Europe in 2019 as the E-motion electric car.
“SAIC has owned the British brand MG since 2005 and sells cars in China, as well as in other Asian markets, Australia, Latin America and the UK.” (www.chinatrucks.com)
- SAIC YUEJIN to Attend 2017 China International Commercial Vehicle Exhibition 2017-11-01
- SAIC EV80 Autonomous Light Truck Eyed by JD for Driverless Deliveries 2017-10-31
- First OEM 4-door Fire Truck Chassis Shines Off at China Fire 2017 2017-09-07
- 27,000 Units of Hongyan Heavy-duty Truck Sold in the First Eight Months 2017-09-06
- SAIC Hongyan Rank 1st in Dumper Market 2017-07-28
- China’s First Hongyan Jieshi C500 Centre-axle Cargo Truck Hits the Road 2017-07-27
- SAIC Hongyan Kingkan M500 8x4 Compound Dumper 2017-07-07
- First 300 Units of SAIC MAXUS T60 Pickups shipping off to Chile 2017-06-19
- SAIC-HONGYAN Receives an Order for 1,000 Units Car Carrier Trailers 2017-06-05
- SAIC Hongyan Central-axle Car Trailers Officially Put in Use 2017-05-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April