SAIC Maxus EV80 Electric Van Launches In Europe
After several recent major announcements, we can only conclude we apparently missed the memo that it is EV/commercial van month right now, as China’s largest vehicle manufacturer SAIC, has introduced its own all-electric Maxus EV80 van for Europe.
According to the company, it is rated at 200 km/124 miles (we assume NEDC, so something like 150km/94 miles in the real world/EPA), however we don’t yet know the battery capacity. Nonetheless, SAIC says a full charge takes about 2 hours.
The payload capacity is 950 kg (2,100 lbs). Cargo volume is up to 10.2 m3.
For now the Maxus EV80 is apparently available to over 200 major fleet operators in Europe (France, Germany, Austria and Benelux).
Without pricing, are not sure whether the Maxus EV80 is more competitive than the Nissan e-NV200 (which recently got upgraded to a 40 kWh battery – good for a NEDC rating of 280 km/174 miles), but SAIC is at least trying to use its deep “New Energy Vehicle” experience gained from Chinese operations.
Separately, SAIC will relaunch the MG passenger in Europe in 2019 as the E-motion electric car.
“SAIC has owned the British brand MG since 2005 and sells cars in China, as well as in other Asian markets, Australia, Latin America and the UK.” (www.chinatrucks.com)
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July 2018-08-09
- SAIC Yuejin Launches First Internet-connected New Energy Light-duty Trucks 2018-07-12
- SAIC Hongyan Delivers GENPAW Trucks to Customers in Wuhan and Changsha 2018-07-03
- SAIC Motor Yuejin Internet-connected New Energy Light Truck Makes its Debut 2018-06-29
- SAIC Hongyan Trucks to Be Shipped to Congo for Operation 2018-06-26
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018 2018-06-25
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May 2018-06-19
- SAIC Hongyan Showcased Its Products at Vietnam 2018 Auto Expo 2018-06-12
- SAIC Hongyan Trucks Exhibits at Auto Expo Changzhi 2018-06-05
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Volume Exceeded 7,000 Units in May 2018-06-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November