Aomori Airport Upgrades Emergency Response Fleet with Allison-equipped Vehicles
To address its aging fleet, Aomori Airport recently took delivery of the first Rosenbauer Panther 8x8 aircraft rescue fire fighting (ARFF) truck, equipped with two engines and two Allison 4800 automatic transmissions.
“When an aviation accident occurs, the first three minutes are vital,” said Keiji Kato, chief of Aomori Airport Fire Department. “The important thing is how quickly you can get to the aircraft and extinguish the fire, enabling passengers and crew to secure an evacuation route and sufficient time to evacuate.”
The Panther 8x8 offers driving performance, handling and fire extinguishing capability superior to comparable vehicles. With total vehicle weight of 43 tons, Allison's Continuous Power Technology™ works with two Volvo TAD 1662 VE engines to seamlessly enable the vehicle to reach 80 kph in no more than 25 seconds.
Allison transmissions use a torque converter to smoothly multiply engine torque, delivering more power to the wheels. By multiplying engine power, drivers get increased performance, faster acceleration and greater operational flexibility. Allison Automatics are globally recognized for their quality and reliability, resulting in a greater overall economic value.
The Panther 8x8 has the largest tank of any airport fire fighting vehicle with a capacity for 12,500 liters of water, 800 liters of chemical liquid and 300 kilograms of powder. It can discharge 6,000 liters per minute from the roof turret, which reaches up to 90 meters. Furthermore, 500 liters per minute can be discharged from the bumper turret, so the fire engine can be protected from ignition of oil leaking from the aircraft. The two Volvo engines and two Allison 4800 seven-speed automatic transmissions, two reverse speeds, with retarders make it possible to carry out fire fighting work while in motion.
“When they arrive at the site of an aircraft accident and discharge water, conventional chemically-equipped airport firefighting vehicles needed to stop, then restart by operating the Power Take-Off (PTO) switch, but the Panther 8x8 is able to begin extinguishing fires quicker because it can carry out fire fighting activities while in motion, following an accident-stricken aircraft that is still moving on the runway.”
The Panther 8x8 is recognized worldwide for meeting the stringent requirements of prominent airport safety organizations. Teikoku-seni Co., the Japanese distributor for Rosenbauer, expects the vehicle to be progressively adopted at more airports across Japan. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Conghua Selects Allison Transmissions for New Sanitation Trucks 2017-10-27
- Allison Transmission announces xFE models for 1000 Series™ and 2000 Series™ 2017-10-20
- Allison Introduces Next GEN of Technology for Fully Automatic Transmission 2017-10-09
- Terberg Electric Truck Uses Allison Transmission, Launch with GCW up to 65 Tons 2017-09-12
- Waste Disposal Company Improves Driver Safety and Productivity with Allison 2017-07-18
- WOMA High-pressure Water Cleaner with an Allison Transmission Offers More Power 2017-07-07
- Allison Automatic Transmissions Superior for City Distribution 2017-06-13
- World's First Allison-equipped Factory MAN Truck Begins Service 2017-06-07
- Allison Transmission announces FuelSense® 2.0 with DynActive™ Shifting 2017-04-20
- Allison and Sinotruck to Evaluate Strategic Partnership 2017-04-19
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April