Foton Motor Signs MOU with TDG During President Trump’s First Visit to China
On November 8-10, 2017, US President Trump took a delegation of nearly 30 CEOs from major American companies to make three-day state visit to China. In this period, US and China had in-depth talks about deepening economic and trade ties between the two parties. On November 8, as a major result of this visit, President Gong Yueqiong of Foton Motor Group and President & CEO Paul Doherty of TDG (The Digit Group) signed MOU of Smart Cities Public Transportation Solutions in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, China. Vice Premier of China Wang Yang and US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross witnessed the signing ceremony. Both parties will push forward solutions of smart cities public transportation and application of intelligent transport facilitate development.
Foton Motor Group and TDG signed MOU of Smart Cities Public Transportation Solution
Foton Motor Group is China’s largest group of commercial vehicles. TDG is the top supplier specialized in designing and building world smart cities, and leader in developing innovative solutions to smart cities. The partnership is one of the results of US-China corporate cooperation made by the first visit by American President Donald Trump to China, revealing that Foton Motor, as the benchmark and barometer of China’s intelligent manufacturing, is contributing China solutions to world smart cities and intelligent transport.
According to the MOU, Foton Motor Group and TDG, using their advantages in technologies and resources, will get in profound partnership to build and develop global leading smart cities, intelligent transport and intelligent buses such as driverless buses and green e-buses.
In initial stage, TDG will work together with Foton Motor to develop e-bus products in Smart City program in Wellington of New Zealand, which will replace fossil-fuel buses. The e-bus is two meters long and more units can be linked according to the number of passengers. At the same time, the futuristic bus will drive according to the route set by GPS. At the same time, camera lens will be installed to detect obstacles so that the bus can drive and park automatically. It provides the futuristic intelligent solutions to transport, featuring zero accident, congestion and pollution.
Besides, TDG will use FOTON AUV e-bus for its smart city program of China and New Zealand. The total order amount will exceed over a billion USD.
As plans of the two parties, TDG will focus on environmental facilities and providing solutions to energy, dynamic wireless charging technology, data analysis, LED light, visible light telecom, dynamic ads/brand communications, crossing public stops and safety. Foton Motor will provide advanced bus products and services while providing support in Internet of Vehicles and automatic driving development.
In the world trend of intelligent connectivity, FOTON relies on its intelligent factory and management, uses Internet of Vehicles technology to develop intelligent and efficient products, lead the industrial trend and establish a model of US-China cooperation. In early stage, Foton Motor and Cummins co-established Beijing Foton Cummins Engine Co., Ltd. Together with ZF Friedrichshafen AG, WABCO and Continental AG, Foton Motor has established “China Intelligent Connected Super Truck Alliance”, which is dedicated to building and developing global intelligent transport and smart cities. It is learnt that as the first generation of China Super Truck, FOTON AUMAN EST series is to be launched in Russia, Peru, Thailand, etc. in 2017. Not long ago, Foton Motor signed the deep cooperation memorandum with Cummins at U.S.-China Energy Efficiency Forum, launches the second stage of “China Super Truck” program. As the cooperation of this time, FOTON will improve its intelligent industrial chain, which will become the new driving force that stimulates corporate intelligence and innovations with global vision.
At present, Foton Motor has AUV brand coach and bus including pure electric and hydrogen cell series, AUMAN Super Trucks that cover intelligent transportation and logistics, initially building the Intelligent Product Matrix. In the future. Foton Motor will base on stronger ties with TDG, contribute China power to building smart cities public transportation for the world by developing Internet of Vehicles + intelligent logistics, intelligent trucks and intelligent buses. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Foton Signs MOC with Cummins and Launches the Second Stage of China Super Truck 2017-10-19
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation 2017-10-18
- Expo 2017 Astana: Foton Creating the Sole Designated Vehicles of China Pavilion 2017-09-11
- Foton Opens Philippines Marilao Bulacan Dealership 2017-08-25
- 7 Heavy Truck Enterprises to Split the 50 bn Market Cake in Logistics Industry 2017-06-08
- Foton Motor Commercial Vehicles Powering the Belt and Road Initiative 2017-06-07
- China Truck Makers to Come Out as Winners from the Belt & Road Initiative 2017-05-31
- EXPO2017: Foton Became the Sole Supplier of Designated Vehicle of China Pavilion 2017-05-19
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales 2017-05-16
- Top Ten Rankings for Medium Trucks in April, 2017 2017-05-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- SINOTRUK Service Always Online
- XCMG Delivers 300 HANVAN Heavy-duty Trucks and Receives Another Orders for 600
- JAC Attends 2017 China(Macau) International Automobile Exposition with i5 and i6
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April