Foton Motor Signs MOU with TDG During President Trump’s First Visit to China
On November 8-10, 2017, US President Trump took a delegation of nearly 30 CEOs from major American companies to make three-day state visit to China. In this period, US and China had in-depth talks about deepening economic and trade ties between the two parties. On November 8, as a major result of this visit, President Gong Yueqiong of Foton Motor Group and President & CEO Paul Doherty of TDG (The Digit Group) signed MOU of Smart Cities Public Transportation Solutions in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, China. Vice Premier of China Wang Yang and US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross witnessed the signing ceremony. Both parties will push forward solutions of smart cities public transportation and application of intelligent transport facilitate development.
Foton Motor Group and TDG signed MOU of Smart Cities Public Transportation Solution
Foton Motor Group is China’s largest group of commercial vehicles. TDG is the top supplier specialized in designing and building world smart cities, and leader in developing innovative solutions to smart cities. The partnership is one of the results of US-China corporate cooperation made by the first visit by American President Donald Trump to China, revealing that Foton Motor, as the benchmark and barometer of China’s intelligent manufacturing, is contributing China solutions to world smart cities and intelligent transport.
According to the MOU, Foton Motor Group and TDG, using their advantages in technologies and resources, will get in profound partnership to build and develop global leading smart cities, intelligent transport and intelligent buses such as driverless buses and green e-buses.
In initial stage, TDG will work together with Foton Motor to develop e-bus products in Smart City program in Wellington of New Zealand, which will replace fossil-fuel buses. The e-bus is two meters long and more units can be linked according to the number of passengers. At the same time, the futuristic bus will drive according to the route set by GPS. At the same time, camera lens will be installed to detect obstacles so that the bus can drive and park automatically. It provides the futuristic intelligent solutions to transport, featuring zero accident, congestion and pollution.
Besides, TDG will use FOTON AUV e-bus for its smart city program of China and New Zealand. The total order amount will exceed over a billion USD.
As plans of the two parties, TDG will focus on environmental facilities and providing solutions to energy, dynamic wireless charging technology, data analysis, LED light, visible light telecom, dynamic ads/brand communications, crossing public stops and safety. Foton Motor will provide advanced bus products and services while providing support in Internet of Vehicles and automatic driving development.
In the world trend of intelligent connectivity, FOTON relies on its intelligent factory and management, uses Internet of Vehicles technology to develop intelligent and efficient products, lead the industrial trend and establish a model of US-China cooperation. In early stage, Foton Motor and Cummins co-established Beijing Foton Cummins Engine Co., Ltd. Together with ZF Friedrichshafen AG, WABCO and Continental AG, Foton Motor has established “China Intelligent Connected Super Truck Alliance”, which is dedicated to building and developing global intelligent transport and smart cities. It is learnt that as the first generation of China Super Truck, FOTON AUMAN EST series is to be launched in Russia, Peru, Thailand, etc. in 2017. Not long ago, Foton Motor signed the deep cooperation memorandum with Cummins at U.S.-China Energy Efficiency Forum, launches the second stage of “China Super Truck” program. As the cooperation of this time, FOTON will improve its intelligent industrial chain, which will become the new driving force that stimulates corporate intelligence and innovations with global vision.
At present, Foton Motor has AUV brand coach and bus including pure electric and hydrogen cell series, AUMAN Super Trucks that cover intelligent transportation and logistics, initially building the Intelligent Product Matrix. In the future. Foton Motor will base on stronger ties with TDG, contribute China power to building smart cities public transportation for the world by developing Internet of Vehicles + intelligent logistics, intelligent trucks and intelligent buses. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Foton Forland Held its 2018 Mid-term Business Conference in Harbin 2018-08-15
- Foton Motor Launched Auman EST A in Malaysia 2018-08-13
- Foton and Italian Piaggio Group Compeletes Final Step in Partnership for LCV 2018-07-20
- New Foton Auman ETX Car Transporter Delivered to Customers 2018-07-18
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand 2018-07-13
- Foton Auman EST Rolls out a New Version for Transporting Dangerous Chemicals 2018-07-06
- Foton Aumark Launches After-sales Service Campaign in Iran 2018-07-06
- 100 Foton Light Trucks Delivered to Vietnam J&T Express 2018-07-03
- FOTON Opened Its 25th Philippine Dealership - Talisay Dealership 2018-06-28
- Foton Aumark Electric Logistics Vehicle Attends EVTec China 2018 2018-06-26
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November