Aurich Waste Company Improves Productivity with Allison-equipped DAF Side-loader
The waste management company for Aurich bought its first 10 Allison transmission-equipped vehicles in 2011. The DAF CF 75 side-loader models with HS body use the fully automatic 3000 Series™ for greater durability, productivity and reduced maintenance costs.
"We are really satisfied with the vehicles," said Carsten Appelhoff, technical fleet manager at MKW (Materialkreislauf- und Kompostwirtschaft) GmbH. "Thanks to the Allison transmissions, the vehicles can easily endure the tough operating conditions with more than 1,000 stops per work shift. An automated manual transmission (AMT) would have the greatest difficulties."
Since 2011, the fleet has expanded to 19 DAF CF side-loader vehicles. The latest addition, with Faun Sidepress body, was put into service only a few weeks ago. The 26-ton vehicles with a steered rear axle and 10.8 liter engine, empty the refuse bins of 100,000 households on the East Frisian mainland – a rural region – in one-man operation. The vehicles accumulate annual mileage of approximately 30,000 km and 1,800 operating hours.
"Our decision for fully automatic transmissions has really paid off,” said Appelhoff. “They really speed up our work: in a nine-hour work shift we are able to empty around 1,200 refuse bins; in individual cases, we even empty 1,500."
In addition to the robust drivetrains of the vehicles, Appelhoff especially appreciates the availability and cost-benefit ratio of its workshop partners.
“If I take a look at the maintenance costs of my vehicles, I know we made the right decision,” said Appelhoff. “The only required maintenance for the transmissions is the routine oil and filter change. Authorized Allison dealer Kronenberg Getriebetechnik is in charge of preventive maintenance, in close cooperation with Bohlje Kraftfahrzeuge, our DAF partner.”
In terms of fuel consumption, the vehicles are also a cost-effective choice. “With comparable engines and working conditions, the fuel consumption of our DAF side-loaders with Allison transmissions is about 10 percent lower than for our refuse vehicles with AMTs.”
Allison transmissions use a patented torque converter instead of a traditional dry clutch that eliminates the need of traditional clutch repair and replacement like it is necessary for manual and AMTs. Allison’s torque converter smoothly multiplies engine torque during start-up and acceleration and provides the drivetrain protection against torque shock and vibrations. This feature also allows precise vehicle control for exact alignment with bins and containers, driving on confined space and working at extreme low speeds. Allison automatics deliver seamless uninterrupted power shifts for increased average speed and productivity and operator’s comfort. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Goiás Fire Buys Allison-equipped Mercedes-Benz Atego 1729 Units 2018-08-13
- China’s Renowned Wrecker Fleet Chooses Allison Transmissions 2018-07-02
- Allison Transmission Showcases New Magirus Fire Truck at SICUR 2018 2018-04-23
- Allison Reaches Milestone with Production of the 500,000th Transmission 2017-12-01
- Aomori Airport Upgrades Emergency Response Fleet with Allison-equipped Vehicles 2017-11-09
- Conghua Selects Allison Transmissions for New Sanitation Trucks 2017-10-27
- Allison Transmission announces xFE models for 1000 Series™ and 2000 Series™ 2017-10-20
- Allison Introduces Next GEN of Technology for Fully Automatic Transmission 2017-10-09
- Terberg Electric Truck Uses Allison Transmission, Launch with GCW up to 65 Tons 2017-09-12
- Waste Disposal Company Improves Driver Safety and Productivity with Allison 2017-07-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November