VW Partners with JAC to Form Light Commercial Vehicles JV
Volkswagen Group may expand cooperation with China's Anhui Jianghuai Automobile (JAC) beyond electric cars to jointly develop and build light commercial vehicles in the world's largest car market.
VW and JAC announced in June they were to set up a joint venture to develop and build EVs as VW increases its efforts to achieve the Beijing government's production and sales quotas for new-energy vehicles.
On Monday, VW said it was looking at deepening the cooperation with JAC to include the design, technology, product quality and development of light commercial vehicles.
The venture would include combustion-engined and alternative-energy powered vehicles. It would be owned equally by JAC and VW and would be based in JAC's home town of Hefei, VW said.
"VW Commercial Vehicles has a growing number of loyal customers in China," executive Joern Hasenfuss said. "But there are significantly more opportunities," he said without elaborating.
Under the tie-up, VW and JAC could jointly tap growing demand for light pickup trucks in China while VW would also save customs duties by building its Multivan and Caddy vehicles at JAC facilities, analysts said.
It's also the latest evidence of VW's foreign expansion not being confined to its passenger car operations.
In September, VW's commercial vehicles arm started building the Amarok pickup truck in Ecuador with local partner FISUM after starting production of the box-type Caddy model at a new multi-brand facility in Algeria two months earlier. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- JAC Shuailing Continues to Strengthen its Presence in Asia 2018-08-02
- Over 22,000 JAC Shuailing Trucks Sold in Africa 2018-07-27
- 100 JAC Shualing Refragerator Trucks Delivered to Customer in Shanghai 2018-07-25
- JAC Shuailing New Logistics World Truck Enters Chengdu 2018-07-23
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018 2018-07-12
- JAC Shuailing's Total Sales Volume Reaches 350,000 Units 2018-07-05
- JAC Construction Dump Truck Excels in Mountainous Region 2018-06-27
- JAC Gallop Successfully Went Through Tests in South America 2018-06-19
- JAC Pick-up Entered South American Plateau T6 Released Into Bolivia 2018-06-08
- The winners of "Mr. JAC" came to China to accept their prizes 2018-05-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November