VW Partners with JAC to Form Light Commercial Vehicles JV
Volkswagen Group may expand cooperation with China's Anhui Jianghuai Automobile (JAC) beyond electric cars to jointly develop and build light commercial vehicles in the world's largest car market.
VW and JAC announced in June they were to set up a joint venture to develop and build EVs as VW increases its efforts to achieve the Beijing government's production and sales quotas for new-energy vehicles.
On Monday, VW said it was looking at deepening the cooperation with JAC to include the design, technology, product quality and development of light commercial vehicles.
The venture would include combustion-engined and alternative-energy powered vehicles. It would be owned equally by JAC and VW and would be based in JAC's home town of Hefei, VW said.
"VW Commercial Vehicles has a growing number of loyal customers in China," executive Joern Hasenfuss said. "But there are significantly more opportunities," he said without elaborating.
Under the tie-up, VW and JAC could jointly tap growing demand for light pickup trucks in China while VW would also save customs duties by building its Multivan and Caddy vehicles at JAC facilities, analysts said.
It's also the latest evidence of VW's foreign expansion not being confined to its passenger car operations.
In September, VW's commercial vehicles arm started building the Amarok pickup truck in Ecuador with local partner FISUM after starting production of the box-type Caddy model at a new multi-brand facility in Algeria two months earlier. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- JAC Construction Dump Truck Excels in Mountainous Region 2018-06-27
- JAC Gallop Successfully Went Through Tests in South America 2018-06-19
- JAC Pick-up Entered South American Plateau T6 Released Into Bolivia 2018-06-08
- The winners of "Mr. JAC" came to China to accept their prizes 2018-05-21
- Chinese Automaker JAC Forms Joint Venture with Cummins 2018-05-15
- JAC Gallop K7 Automatic Version Officially Hit the Market 2018-05-09
- JAC Motor Signs Agreement with GHNL for Light Trucks Assembly in Pakistan 2018-04-26
- JAC Oman Distributor Brings Exciting Cash Gift to Customers 2018-04-24
- Parkistan Ghandhara Begans Assembly JAC Light Truck X200 2018-04-24
- JAC Held Its International Annual Conference 2018 2018-04-24
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
- KIA Comes Back to Pakistan with Frontier K2700 Pickup
- Autonomous Trucking Obtains Popularity in China
- Daimler Unveils Two Heavy-duty Electric Trucks in Race with Tesla
- JD.com Launches Solar Delivery Trucks in Green Logistics Push
- JD.com Unveils Self-driving Truck
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July