Weichai’s Business Income Expected to Hit 220 Billion RMB in 2017
On December 18, Weichai held its 2020-2030 Strategic Press Conference in Jinan, Shandong province. On the same day, it celebrated its business income hitting 200 billion RMB.
According to Tan Xuguang, president of Weichai, the company’s business income already broke the 200 billion RMB as of December 18. For the whole year, its business income and total profits are expected to reach 220 billion RMB and 10 billion RMB respectively.
By continuously focusing on improving its manufacturing capabilities, Weichai has rolled out 5.87 million units engines for various heavy-duty vehicle brands, 6.70 million sets of heavy-duty transmission gearboxes, and 3.54 million sets of heavy-duty axles, an achievements unrivaled in the international market.
After acquiring Shaanqi, Weichai has significantly boosted the company’s sales. Shaanqi’s sales has jumped from 14,000 units in 2005 to 879,000 units in 2017.
Apart from the sharp increase of its business income, Weichai has also been undergoing dramatic changes in recent years. Specifically, it has successfully built a golden industrial chain with its powertrain at the core; after acquiring Shaanqi, it has added a new brand in the global heavy-duty vehicle market; by allocating its global resources more efficiently, Weichai has become an internationally recognized brand; by pursuing a innovation-driven development road, Weichai has successfully realized its own business transformation.
In just a decade, Weichai’s investment in researching and developing engines reached 15 billion RMB. Moreover, it has hired over 300 overseas high-level talents.
From 2020 to 2030, Weichai aims to increase its business income to 100 billion USD. In the meantime, it will make an all-out effort to strengthen its overall competitiveness in the global engine-making industry by 2020. In 2030, it will play a leading role in the global engine-making industry. To achieve such ambitious goals, several concrete measures will be carried out. Specifically, it is rolling out more integrated distribution solutions for its customers; it is building hydraulic powertrain systems by integrating Linde hydraulics and Weichai engines; it is better allocating its global technological resources; by 2020, its diesel engines’ heat efficiency will be improved from current 46% to over 50% and its natural gas engine’s heat efficiency will be improved from current 39% to 42.5%; AT and AMT transmission gearboxes and electric driven axles will become its main products. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Jiefang Showcases its Electric Vehicles at its Annual Business Conference 2017-12-19
- Beiben to Put its Wide Vehicle Spectrum on Display at 2018 Business Meeting 2017-12-14
- Volvo Group Eyes 50% of Asian Truck Business 2013-12-16
- Dongfeng Motor: A Net Interim Profit of 43.19 Million RMB 2013-09-03
- Malaysian Customer Visited HOWO for Business Talks 2013-07-02
- Ford names new N. America manufacturing head 2008-11-24
- Witness Linglong on SEMA Show 2017 2017-11-24
- JMC Brings VIGUS on Display at 2017 CCVS 2017-11-08
- FAW Jiefang Leads the Trend at 2017 China Commercial Vehicle Show 2017-11-08
- 2017 China Commercial Vehicle Show Ready to Set New Trends 2017-11-03
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- XCMG Holds 2nd Enlarged Conference of Overseas Market Strategy Advisory Committe
- BYD Considers Setting up Plant in Ontario, Canada
- President Xi Inspects XCMG
- XCMG's Total Operating Revenue for the First Three Quarters Increased 78.20%
- Daimler Adapts as Mexico's Demand for Cabover Engine Truck Growing
- Baidu Partners with FAW to Launch Driver Fatigue Monitor System in 2018
- VW Partners with JAC to Form Light Commercial Vehicles JV
- Qingdao Jiefang 500 Horsepower JH6 Attends Jinan Commercial Vehicle Exhibition
- Hino Motors' New Koga Plant in Japan off to a Good Start
- Change or Be Left Behind: XCMG’s Future Plan to Make It to Top 3
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017