Isuzu to Launch Small EV Truck at End of 2018
Isuzu Motors Ltd will launch a small electric (EV) truck in the Japanese market by the end of 2018.
The truck will be developed by replacing the power train of Isuzu's Elf small truck with a driving motor and battery.
"We aim at a drive range longer than 100 km," Isuzu said in a statement. "With that drive range, the truck can be easily used for delivery operation in urban areas."
The key is a lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery. The EV truck is equipped with two 40kWh battery packs, which are located between the right front and rear wheels and between the left front and rear wheels, respectively.
The maximum output of the driving motor is expected to be 150kW. The dimensions of the EV truck are 6,690 (L) x 2,154 (W) x 3,000 (H). Its maximum loading capacity is 3,000kg.
Isuzu has been one step behind Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp, which is Isuzu's rival.
Mitsubishi Fuso started volume production of the "eCanter" small EV truck ahead of other companies and started to deliver the truck to Seven-Eleven Japan Co Ltd and Yamato Transport Co Ltd in October. The drive range of the eCanter is 100km per charge, which is equivalent to that of the EV truck being developed by Isuzu. The capacity of the eCanter's Li-ion battery is 66kWh, which is about 20% lower than the expected battery capacity of Isuzu's truck.
- Isuzu First Pick-up Taga Makes its Debut 2017-12-26
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers 2017-10-12
- 30 Units Qingling Isuzu Heavy-duty Trucks Delivered to Customers 2017-10-11
- Qingling Isuzu Serves BRICS Leaders Summit in Xiamen 2017-09-11
- Qingling ISUZU Adds Three Upgrades to IF Pickup 2017-06-19
- Isuzu to Take Over as GM Exits South Africa 2017-05-19
- ISUZU Launches D-Max AT35 in UAE 2017-05-10
- Isuzu Launches Six New Truck Models in Thailand 2017-05-09
- Isuzu to Double Heavy Truck Production in Thailand, Increase Exports 2017-05-09
- Philippine TMA eyeing first Truck & Bus Show in 2017 2017-04-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Chinese Ready to Set Up Auto Manufacturing Plants in Pakistan
- Navistar Posts Its First Annual Profit Since 2011
- Ghandhara Pakistan Stopped Making Nissan UD Trucks
- XCMG Holds 2nd Enlarged Conference of Overseas Market Strategy Advisory Committe
- BYD Considers Setting up Plant in Ontario, Canada
- President Xi Inspects XCMG
- XCMG's Total Operating Revenue for the First Three Quarters Increased 78.20%
- Daimler Adapts as Mexico's Demand for Cabover Engine Truck Growing
- Baidu Partners with FAW to Launch Driver Fatigue Monitor System in 2018
- VW Partners with JAC to Form Light Commercial Vehicles JV
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017