Isuzu to Launch Small EV Truck at End of 2018
Isuzu Motors Ltd will launch a small electric (EV) truck in the Japanese market by the end of 2018.
The truck will be developed by replacing the power train of Isuzu's Elf small truck with a driving motor and battery.
"We aim at a drive range longer than 100 km," Isuzu said in a statement. "With that drive range, the truck can be easily used for delivery operation in urban areas."
The key is a lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery. The EV truck is equipped with two 40kWh battery packs, which are located between the right front and rear wheels and between the left front and rear wheels, respectively.
The maximum output of the driving motor is expected to be 150kW. The dimensions of the EV truck are 6,690 (L) x 2,154 (W) x 3,000 (H). Its maximum loading capacity is 3,000kg.
Isuzu has been one step behind Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp, which is Isuzu's rival.
Mitsubishi Fuso started volume production of the "eCanter" small EV truck ahead of other companies and started to deliver the truck to Seven-Eleven Japan Co Ltd and Yamato Transport Co Ltd in October. The drive range of the eCanter is 100km per charge, which is equivalent to that of the EV truck being developed by Isuzu. The capacity of the eCanter's Li-ion battery is 66kWh, which is about 20% lower than the expected battery capacity of Isuzu's truck.
- The 50,000th Isuzu N-Series Truck Rolls off Line in America 2018-08-07
- Isuzu Plans to Export Big Trucks and Expects 3% Export growth for 2018 2018-02-28
- Isuzu Breaks Commercial Truck Sales Records 2018-01-23
- Isuzu Debuts Blue Power Euro V trucks at the 2017 PhilConstruct Manila 2018-01-15
- Qingling&Isuzu First Pick-up Taga Makes its Debut 2017-12-26
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers 2017-10-12
- 30 Units Qingling Isuzu Heavy-duty Trucks Delivered to Customers 2017-10-11
- Qingling Isuzu Serves BRICS Leaders Summit in Xiamen 2017-09-11
- Qingling ISUZU Adds Three Upgrades to IF Pickup 2017-06-19
- Isuzu to Take Over as GM Exits South Africa 2017-05-19
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November