Wabco Invests $10 Million in Nikola Motor, Looks to Advance Safety for EV
Wabco Holdings Inc, the global supplier of technologies and services that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, today announced that it has made a $10 million (Rs 63 crore) strategic investment in Nikola Motor Company, a leader in the design and manufacturing of hydrogen-electric vehicles, vehicle components, energy storage systems, and electric vehicle drivetrains headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah (USA).
The transaction reveals Wabco’s commitment to advance the development of electric and highly automated commercial vehicles in North America and around the world. In addition to the strategic investment,Wabco and Nikola signed an agreement to accelerate the development of industry-leading safety technologies specifically designed for electric commercial vehicles, including electronic braking systems (EBS), as well as traction and stability control technologies.
“As vehicles become increasingly autonomous, electric and connected, Wabco continues to be at the forefront of breakthrough technology innovation,” said Jacques Esculier, Wabco chairman and CEO. “We are excited to invest in Nikola Motor Company to help the industry realise our joint vision of electrified and autonomous trucks, buses, trailers and off-highway vehicles. Wabco’s technologies, notably industry-leading braking, traction and stability control systems, continue to advance the transportation industry.”
“Wabco continues to stay at the vanguard of technology and innovation. Here at Nikola, we are driving a paradigm shift in the transportation industry by creating the most advanced semi-truck ever built. Wabco is a vital business partner to enable autonomous driving, electronic braking, and stability control for trucks and trailers,” said Trevor Milton, Nikola founder and CEO. “Wabco is recognised as a global leader in safety and efficiency technologies for next-generation commercial vehicles. We have added a world-class supplier to the Nikola truck family and are looking forward to our collaboration to bring Nikola’s zero emission trucks to market.”
Nikola plans to begin testing its zero emission trucks with commercial vehicle fleets in late 2018 and launch full production in 2021.
- WABCO and Dongfeng Liuzhou Strengthen Strategic Partnership in China 2017-12-20
- Wabco launches OnLaneAssist Advanced Driver Assistance System at NACV 2017-09-28
- WABCO Signs Deal with a Major Global Maker of Trucks and Buses on mBSP Tech 2017-08-17
- Wabco Extends Global Supply Deal with Daimler Trucks 2017-06-29
- FAW Signs Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with WABCO in Brussels 2017-06-29
- WABCO Signs Agreement With G7 to Form Joint Venture for Truck FMS 2017-04-25
- Auto Shanghai 2017: WABCO Showcases Industry-Leading CV Technologies 2017-04-25
- WABCO Introduces Electronically Controlled Air Suspension Technology to Truck Market in China 2014-09-25
- Beiben and WABCO Signs Strategic Agreement 2012-11-29
- WABCO enhances trailer air suspension 2012-09-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Tata Motors Hopes to Regain Over 55% Market Share in M&HCV Segment
- Chinese Ready to Set Up Auto Manufacturing Plants in Pakistan
- Navistar Posts Its First Annual Profit Since 2011
- Ghandhara Pakistan Stopped Making Nissan UD Trucks
- XCMG Holds 2nd Enlarged Conference of Overseas Market Strategy Advisory Committe
- BYD Considers Setting up Plant in Ontario, Canada
- President Xi Inspects XCMG
- XCMG's Total Operating Revenue for the First Three Quarters Increased 78.20%
- Daimler Adapts as Mexico's Demand for Cabover Engine Truck Growing
- Baidu Partners with FAW to Launch Driver Fatigue Monitor System in 2018
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017