Chinese Automakers Expects to Strengthen Its Global Market Aftersales
China's Dongfeng Commercial Vehicles Co. Ltd., known as Dongfeng Trucks, has recently signed a dealership agreement with Services Machinery Trucks (SMT) Africa to jointly distribute Dongfeng trucks in Africa.
Dongfeng Trucks will benefit from SMT's large network and extensive logistics to ensure the availability of genuine parts across the region. Meanwhile, its trucks will complete SMT's product portfolio in Africa
The move has been seen as part of the parent company Dongfeng Motor Group's efforts to improve its global aftersales service network.
According to Si Tu, vice-general manager of Dongfeng Trucks, customers care most about the reliability of their trucks, and parts and maintenance is crucial to improving reliability. "This is one of the reasons why we choose to cooperate with SMT Africa," he said.
Chinese vehicles do well in overseas markets due to their low prices, but good aftersales service should follow this, said Liu Weidong, vice-general manager of Dongfeng Motor Group.
According to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, exports of Chinese vehicles for the first 11 months reached 797,000, up 26.6 percent year-on-year.
The rising momentum is accompanied with changes in the overseas expansion plans of Chinese automakers, as they are working to improve their services by establishing assembly plants, parts factories and "4S stores," which include sales, spare parts, service and surveyed feedback, all over the world.
Dongfeng Motor Group, which exported 59,000 vehicles during the first 11 months, a 70 percent rise from the same period last year, has set up factories in countries including Iran, Vietnam and Malaysia. In Russia alone, it has established a sales network of over 40 sales outlets.
In the next five years, the automaker expects to launch over 40 models in more than 70 countries and regions, and expand its sales and aftersales service locations to 912 and 971 respectively.
In December, three Chinese auto giants, Dongfeng Motor Group, FAW Group Corp., and Changan Automobile Co., signed a strategic cooperation framework agreement to jointly explore overseas business partners, manufacturing facilities and logistics services.
- Dongfeng Secured Another Order for 40 Dongfeng KX from Best Express 2018-08-10
- Dongfeng Captain Built for City Delivery 2018-08-03
- 200 Units Dongfeng ZD30 Engines Delivered to Vietnam for Operation 2018-07-19
- Dongfeng Plans to Expand Vehicle Lineup for the Korean Market 2018-07-11
- 12 Most Valuable Commercial Vehicle Brands in China, 2018 2018-06-25
- Dongfeng Trucks Ready for Ghanaian market 2018-06-22
- Dongfeng Duolika Dewei Series Truck Made its Debut 2018-06-06
- 26 Units Dongfeng Trucks Soon to Start Operation in Tanzania 2018-05-23
- Dongfeng D9 Medium-sized Truck Makes its Debut in Chengdu 2018-05-22
- Dongfeng Truck Makes Entry into West Africa Market 2018-05-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November