Geely Takes 8.2% Stake in VOLVO Truck Company, Biggest Individual Shareholder
The company that owns Volvo’s car business is now planting its flag on the separate truck company that also bears the Volvo name. Geely Holding will purchase an 8.2-percent stake in AB Volvo in a deal said to be worth $3.3 billion.
Geely will acquire all the shares previously held by Cevian Capital. In doing so, it has become the biggest individual shareholder in AB Volvo and second ranked in terms of voting rights behind Swedish investment firm Industrivarden.
The deal will give AB Volvo access to Geely’s market knowledge, resources, and technologies. These technologies are benefiting Volvo Cars, which Geely purchased in 2010. As one example, Geely set up a company to create platforms and technologies for its automotive brands, including the CMA hardware for small vehicles.
“The agreement will not only give AB Volvo a new large and committed shareholder, but one with significant expertise in strategically important areas for future value-creation, such as electrification, autonomous driving, connectivity, and the Chinese market,” Cevian Capital co-founder Christer Gardell said in a statement.
In a statement, Geely Holding Chairman Li Shufu said, “Given our experience with Volvo Car Group, we recognize and value the proud Scandinavian history and culture, leading market positions, breakthrough technologies and environmental capabilities of AB Volvo.”
Despite Geely’s new involvement with AB Volvo, the truck company will remain separate from Volvo Cars, which split off from AB Volvo in 1999. AB Volvo offers a range of commercial trucks, construction trucks, and buses and owns a 45-percent stake in Dongfeng Commercial Vehicles, one of China’s largest truck manufacturers.
- CEO of Geely-owned Volvo Loses Board Seat after Geely Buys Daimler 9.7% Stake 2018-03-02
- Geely Likely to Purchase a Below 3% Stake in Daimler 2018-02-07
- Geely Yuancheng M100 Methanol Heavy Truck Engine Conducts Successful Ignition 2017-05-27
- Geely Gets a 1,000-unit Order for Electric Light Trucks 2017-05-25
- Foreign auto brands scramble for low-end niche 2008-05-08
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market 2018-07-02
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks 2018-06-22
- First Volvo Hydrostatic Road Sweeper with Allison Transmission to Debut at IFAT 2018-05-23
- Volvo Unveils Second Electric Truck 2018-05-10
- Volvo to Share Electric Truck Battery Tech Across Its Brands 2018-04-24
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November