Renault Electric Trucks to Go on Sale Next Year
Renault Trucks announced today that it will start selling “a range” of electric trucks to go into production next year.
The announcement follows several similar efforts, like Volvo bringing electric trucks to the road this year, Daimler already delivering all-electric trucks in Europe, and of course, Tesla’s highly publicized semi truck program.
Renault Trucks has been testing electric trucks with partners for years, and now the company says that it is ready to “launch a range of electric vehicles in 2019.”
François Savoye who is in charge of Renault Trucks’ energy efficiency strategy commented on leveraging their long experience with electric trucks – starting with the Electric Maxity, a 4.5-tonne electric truck, back in 2010:
“Our commercial experience with the Electric Maxity has enabled us to bring our network up to speed on selling, servicing and repairing electric vehicles. Today’s electric vehicles are a competitive solution, which was not the case in 2010.”
Renault Trucks is not to be confused with Renault, the maker of the Zoe electric car and part of the Renault-Nissan alliance.
Even though the two companies share a name and logo, Renault Trucks is actually owned by the Volvo Group, which has its own electric truck programs, but it will help Renault Trucks with its electrification effort.
The company confirmed that it is building a dedicated assembly line for all-electric trucks at its Blainville-sur-Orne plant in Normandy, France. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Renault Trucks Stepping Up Presence in Iran 2017-09-28
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Make China's Trucks And Vans Go Electric 2017-08-01
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Electrify China's Trucks And Vans 2017-07-12
- Groupe Pigeon receives the 800,000th Trucks made at the Renault Trucks plant 2017-05-04
- IAA Hannover 2014: Renault and Iveco win International Truck and Van of the Year Awards 2014-09-25
- Renault Trucks Secures New Euro 6 Range T Order from TAS Transport 2013-10-14
- Volvo Aug Truck Shipments Fall 4 Percent Year-on-Year, Hit by Product Rollout 2013-09-23
- Volvo and Renault to Equip Nissan Diesel Engines 2013-06-28
- Renault Launched All-new EURO VI Trucks 2013-06-14
- Daimler and Renault to hold Kamaz and Volga 2012-02-03
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Turkey Hits the Highest Level in Both Automotive, Automobile Production in 2017
- Renault Electric Trucks to Go on Sale Next Year
- China, U.S. Join Forces In EV Race
- EV Revolution in China 's Delivery & Freight Vehicles Coming
- Set Sail in 2018-XCMC Appears at PHILCONSTRUCT 2018
- Chinese Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli Inspected JAC Motors
- CES Seems China's Electronics Show as Shenzhen, Dongguan Exhibitors Throng Fair
- Tesla to Beat Its Own Record with an Even Bigger Powerpack Project in Austrilia
- Pickup Truck Market to Heat up in 2018
- Daimler to End the Full Year with Unit Sales in the Magnitude of 465,000 Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017