Renault Electric Trucks to Go on Sale Next Year
Renault Trucks announced today that it will start selling “a range” of electric trucks to go into production next year.
The announcement follows several similar efforts, like Volvo bringing electric trucks to the road this year, Daimler already delivering all-electric trucks in Europe, and of course, Tesla’s highly publicized semi truck program.
Renault Trucks has been testing electric trucks with partners for years, and now the company says that it is ready to “launch a range of electric vehicles in 2019.”
François Savoye who is in charge of Renault Trucks’ energy efficiency strategy commented on leveraging their long experience with electric trucks – starting with the Electric Maxity, a 4.5-tonne electric truck, back in 2010:
“Our commercial experience with the Electric Maxity has enabled us to bring our network up to speed on selling, servicing and repairing electric vehicles. Today’s electric vehicles are a competitive solution, which was not the case in 2010.”
Renault Trucks is not to be confused with Renault, the maker of the Zoe electric car and part of the Renault-Nissan alliance.
Even though the two companies share a name and logo, Renault Trucks is actually owned by the Volvo Group, which has its own electric truck programs, but it will help Renault Trucks with its electrification effort.
The company confirmed that it is building a dedicated assembly line for all-electric trucks at its Blainville-sur-Orne plant in Normandy, France. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Renault Trucks Stepping Up Presence in Iran 2017-09-28
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Make China's Trucks And Vans Go Electric 2017-08-01
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Electrify China's Trucks And Vans 2017-07-12
- Groupe Pigeon receives the 800,000th Trucks made at the Renault Trucks plant 2017-05-04
- IAA Hannover 2014: Renault and Iveco win International Truck and Van of the Year Awards 2014-09-25
- Renault Trucks Secures New Euro 6 Range T Order from TAS Transport 2013-10-14
- Volvo Aug Truck Shipments Fall 4 Percent Year-on-Year, Hit by Product Rollout 2013-09-23
- Volvo and Renault to Equip Nissan Diesel Engines 2013-06-28
- Renault Launched All-new EURO VI Trucks 2013-06-14
- Daimler and Renault to hold Kamaz and Volga 2012-02-03
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November