Foton Philippines Rise with 18.5% Growth in 2017 for Passenger and Light Truck
THE seismically active undersea region and extinct volcanic ridge in the Philippine Sea approximately 250 kilometers east of the northern coastline of Dinapigue, Isabela, known as the “Benham Rise” may be in hot waters since President Duterte demanded that all foreign research in the area be put to a halt but for Beijing-based Foton International Group, however, now is their moment to further even elevate to greater heights after a stellar 2017 performance.
Executive Vice President Ma Rentao was beaming with hope and enthusiasm in front of hundreds during the 2018 Dealer’s Appreciation Night held recently at Solaire Resort and Casino in Parañaque City hosted by United Asia Automotive Group Inc. (UAAGI), the automotive group’s local counterpart.
With UAAGI’s impressive stint of making it to the Top 11 rank among all local car companies, Rentao even divulged their more notable achievement of selling 600,000 units worldwide last year. Of the number, 89 percent were sold in their motherland, while 11 of its share were exported—thus maintaining its hold on a pedestal as the No.1 manufacturer and seller of Chinese commercial vehicles.
“We will hold firm to the operating principles of ‘focus on the core market, create business value and achieve progressive growth,’” Rentao exclaimed.
“Southeast Asia is the core area of Foton’s overseas business and accounts for 50 percent of overseas sales,” he added.
According to them, with a growing Philippine economy, they believe the automotive market will increase faster.
“In 2018 the Foton Group will continue to give all-out support to the Philippine market for our customers by providing more professional service, efficient spare-parts supply, high-quality products and OTD system application.”
UAAGI President Rommel Sytin, meanwhile, was elated with his homegrown stalwarts.
“Foton Philippines registered an 18.5-percent growth last year for Passenger and Light Duty Truck Segments,” he shared.
This then contributed to the 18-percent growth of the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines Inc. and Truck Manufacturers Association. He even announced that six more dealerships are soon to open this year, ending the year 2018 with a total of 29 dealerships.
Foton’s strong aftersales capabilities of their dealerships and the availability of genuine parts improved the perception and level of confidence to the brand, which registered 35-percent and 40-percent growth on units received and labor and part sales, respectively.
Also, with the opening of three more dealerships operating in the areas of Pili, Camarines Sur, Santa Rosa, Laguna, and Marilao, Bulacan, augmenting the existing 23 dealerships nationwide that then made it even more convenient for customers as the group aspires to bring the brand closer to their potential market.
“We recognize all your efforts that you have poured into your jobs,” he then said while addressing the dealers during the night.
The head honcho even teased: “And with the presence of Mr. Ma Rentao, EVP Foton Motor Group, is a manifestation that they’re seriously considering Philippines as a regional hub for its Southeast Asia operations.”
For the company, they see a promising year ahead, despite the implementation of the new added excise tax.
“The automotive industry expects single-digit growth rate for 2018 but we remain optimistic because the Philippine economy will continue to be strong with an expected 6.8-percent growth rate,” Sytin averred.
Government programs such as the “Build, Build, Build” will usher more infrastructure projects hence the need for more affordable yet reliable commercial vehicles; the Department of Transportation’s airport modernization seeks to promote more travel and the Euro 4-emission standard implementation and jeepney modernization program aim to upgrade the local jeepneys, which would then provide big potential for the selection of their products.
Sytin aspired, “With this mind, we indeed do see an upbeat year ahead. I’m looking forward to a promising 2018.” (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Foton Forland Held its 2018 Mid-term Business Conference in Harbin 2018-08-15
- Foton Motor Launched Auman EST A in Malaysia 2018-08-13
- Foton and Italian Piaggio Group Compeletes Final Step in Partnership for LCV 2018-07-20
- New Foton Auman ETX Car Transporter Delivered to Customers 2018-07-18
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand 2018-07-13
- Foton Auman EST Rolls out a New Version for Transporting Dangerous Chemicals 2018-07-06
- Foton Aumark Launches After-sales Service Campaign in Iran 2018-07-06
- 100 Foton Light Trucks Delivered to Vietnam J&T Express 2018-07-03
- FOTON Opened Its 25th Philippine Dealership - Talisay Dealership 2018-06-28
- Foton Aumark Electric Logistics Vehicle Attends EVTec China 2018 2018-06-26
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November