Foton Philippines Rise with 18.5% Growth in 2017 for Passenger and Light Truck
THE seismically active undersea region and extinct volcanic ridge in the Philippine Sea approximately 250 kilometers east of the northern coastline of Dinapigue, Isabela, known as the “Benham Rise” may be in hot waters since President Duterte demanded that all foreign research in the area be put to a halt but for Beijing-based Foton International Group, however, now is their moment to further even elevate to greater heights after a stellar 2017 performance.
Executive Vice President Ma Rentao was beaming with hope and enthusiasm in front of hundreds during the 2018 Dealer’s Appreciation Night held recently at Solaire Resort and Casino in Parañaque City hosted by United Asia Automotive Group Inc. (UAAGI), the automotive group’s local counterpart.
With UAAGI’s impressive stint of making it to the Top 11 rank among all local car companies, Rentao even divulged their more notable achievement of selling 600,000 units worldwide last year. Of the number, 89 percent were sold in their motherland, while 11 of its share were exported—thus maintaining its hold on a pedestal as the No.1 manufacturer and seller of Chinese commercial vehicles.
“We will hold firm to the operating principles of ‘focus on the core market, create business value and achieve progressive growth,’” Rentao exclaimed.
“Southeast Asia is the core area of Foton’s overseas business and accounts for 50 percent of overseas sales,” he added.
According to them, with a growing Philippine economy, they believe the automotive market will increase faster.
“In 2018 the Foton Group will continue to give all-out support to the Philippine market for our customers by providing more professional service, efficient spare-parts supply, high-quality products and OTD system application.”
UAAGI President Rommel Sytin, meanwhile, was elated with his homegrown stalwarts.
“Foton Philippines registered an 18.5-percent growth last year for Passenger and Light Duty Truck Segments,” he shared.
This then contributed to the 18-percent growth of the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines Inc. and Truck Manufacturers Association. He even announced that six more dealerships are soon to open this year, ending the year 2018 with a total of 29 dealerships.
Foton’s strong aftersales capabilities of their dealerships and the availability of genuine parts improved the perception and level of confidence to the brand, which registered 35-percent and 40-percent growth on units received and labor and part sales, respectively.
Also, with the opening of three more dealerships operating in the areas of Pili, Camarines Sur, Santa Rosa, Laguna, and Marilao, Bulacan, augmenting the existing 23 dealerships nationwide that then made it even more convenient for customers as the group aspires to bring the brand closer to their potential market.
“We recognize all your efforts that you have poured into your jobs,” he then said while addressing the dealers during the night.
The head honcho even teased: “And with the presence of Mr. Ma Rentao, EVP Foton Motor Group, is a manifestation that they’re seriously considering Philippines as a regional hub for its Southeast Asia operations.”
For the company, they see a promising year ahead, despite the implementation of the new added excise tax.
“The automotive industry expects single-digit growth rate for 2018 but we remain optimistic because the Philippine economy will continue to be strong with an expected 6.8-percent growth rate,” Sytin averred.
Government programs such as the “Build, Build, Build” will usher more infrastructure projects hence the need for more affordable yet reliable commercial vehicles; the Department of Transportation’s airport modernization seeks to promote more travel and the Euro 4-emission standard implementation and jeepney modernization program aim to upgrade the local jeepneys, which would then provide big potential for the selection of their products.
Sytin aspired, “With this mind, we indeed do see an upbeat year ahead. I’m looking forward to a promising 2018.” (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Foton PH recognizes dealers for 2017 sales, achievements 2018-02-10
- Foton Philippines Launches 2018 Tornado M4.2C Truck with Euro4 Engine 2018-02-10
- New Products Launch Of Foton Motor Kenya Ltd Powering New Maritime Silk Road 2018-02-06
- China’s Sales Volume of Pick-ups Grew by 18.7% in 2017 2018-02-01
- Foton Motor Launched Assembled Trucks in Kenya 2018-01-26
- Foton Tunland, Best Value For Money On Fiji Market 2018-01-25
- Foton Motor Comes back to Kenya with Four Dealers 2018-01-25
- The 3rd China Truck User Survey & Awarding Ceremony Held in Beijing 2018-01-23
- Foton and CAFIC Signing Memorandum of Strategic Cooperation 2017-12-08
- Foton Cummins Welcomes the 1 Millionth Engine at Its 10th Birthday Anniversary 2017-12-05
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Turkey Hits the Highest Level in Both Automotive, Automobile Production in 2017
- Renault Electric Trucks to Go on Sale Next Year
- China, U.S. Join Forces In EV Race
- EV Revolution in China 's Delivery & Freight Vehicles Coming
- Set Sail in 2018-XCMC Appears at PHILCONSTRUCT 2018
- Chinese Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli Inspected JAC Motors
- CES Seems China's Electronics Show as Shenzhen, Dongguan Exhibitors Throng Fair
- Tesla to Beat Its Own Record with an Even Bigger Powerpack Project in Austrilia
- Pickup Truck Market to Heat up in 2018
- Daimler to End the Full Year with Unit Sales in the Magnitude of 465,000 Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017