Scania Wins Latest 1,000 Point Test for the Second Year in Succession
Scania has claimed bragging rights in Europe’s truck comparison, the 1000 Point Test, for the second year in succession.
This exhaustive test, once again, confirms not only the excellent fuel performance of our new generation trucks but also the many other attractive features that set Scania apart, Scania head of trucks Alexander Vlaskamp says.
"We have now introduced the full range of new generation trucks in Europe and the response has been overwhelming."
This year’s test focused on mid-sized cabs with power ratings in the 450hp (335kW) range, with the Scania R 450 pitted against the Mercedes Actros 1845 and the Volvo FH 460.
The 1000 Point Test involves an international team of truck journalists who score the trucks subjectively in combination with objective measuring. The test runs along a 180km route in south-west Germany.
With the recent introductions of updated Cruise Control with Active Prediction, the Pulse & Glide function and Downhill Speed Control, Scania says it has improved its fuel performance.
Scania says the Pulse & Glide feature pays off in terms of lower fuel consumption, helping it be the clear 1,000 Point Test winner.
It says its truck proved to be the fastest truck in every comparative situation, including initial acceleration, motorway cruising and driving uphill.
Scania adds that its new generation truck excelled in the categories of cab, driveline and performance, fuel consumption, and cost and payload.
Overall, Scania was ahead of the competition in the 1,000 Point Test with a total of 954.5 points, followed by Mercedes’ 943.2 points and Volvo’s 941.9 points. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Scania Invests in Electric Battery Cell Technology for CVs 2018-01-31
- Scania Ends 2017 on a High in Australia 2018-01-03
- Next GEN Scania Range Turns Record Sales 2017-08-03
- Scania to Sell Heavy Commercial Vehicles in Pakistan 2017-07-10
- Driveless Truck 'Platoons' Head for Australia's Main Roads 2017-06-15
- Scania S 500 to be Shown Off in Australia at 2017 Brisbane Truck Show 2017-04-05
- Scania Expands Industrial and Commercial Operations in Thailand 2017-02-09
- Scania Hitches Ride on Airbus Ferry 2016-12-06
- 10 Scania G440 Delivered to Vonbbon Logistics 2016-12-01
- Scania Created a Futuristic Factory Manned by Smart Robots 2016-11-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November