Allison Transmission Showcases New Magirus Fire Truck at SICUR 2018
Allison Transmission recently showcased the new Magirus City fire truck during SICUR 2018, the International Security Safety and Fire Exhibition. Ideal for city use, the vehicle features a narrow wheelbase and slim body design combined with an Allison 3000 transmission for greater acceleration and maneuverability.
“The Magirus fire truck coupled with the Allison transmission make this a very complete vehicle with features and benefits similar to those of larger vehicles,” said Alejandro Martínez, Magirus sales director for Spain, Portugal and Latin America. “The difference is that this model facilitates access to narrow streets with tight turns, which would be impossible for larger vehicles.”
Based on an Iveco Eurocargo chassis 120E25 4x2, which is Euro 6c emissions-compliant, the compact vehicle features a double cab with sufficient space to carry five firefighters comfortably. Four seats are fitted with a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). The vehicle is also equipped a Magirus MPH230 pump, which guarantees flow rates of some 2,000 l/min at 10 bar and 250 l/min at 40 bar.
“The reliability of the Allison transmission provides added confidence to firefighting teams who can reach the scene of the fire quickly and safely,” said Trond Johansen, market development manager for Allison Transmission in Spain. “In emergency situations, both vehicle performance and acceleration are vital. Thanks to our Continuous Power Technology™, Allison transmissions ensure that the engine delivers power to the wheels smoothly and continuously for increased acceleration performance and shorter journey times.”
The combination of an Iveco 250 horsepower engine with the Allison transmission, including a hydraulic retarder for enhanced braking and reduced brake wear, ensures optimum drivability for emergency work.
“This type of transmission is a magnificent solution for emergency services because, besides affording maximum driving efficiency, it means that drivers do not have to concentrate on gear shifts and can focus all their attention on reaching the scene rapidly and safely,” said Martinez. “In addition, Allison automatic transmissions very rarely break down, so customers are fully confident as regards vehicle uptime.”
Half of the heavy-duty trucks on display at SICUR were fitted with Allison Automatics.
Magirus City featuring Allison 3000 Series TM transmission with retarder. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Allison Reaches Milestone with Production of the 500,000th Transmission 2017-12-01
- Aurich Waste Company Improves Productivity with Allison-equipped DAF Side-loader 2017-11-27
- Aomori Airport Upgrades Emergency Response Fleet with Allison-equipped Vehicles 2017-11-09
- Conghua Selects Allison Transmissions for New Sanitation Trucks 2017-10-27
- Allison Transmission announces xFE models for 1000 Series™ and 2000 Series™ 2017-10-20
- Allison Introduces Next GEN of Technology for Fully Automatic Transmission 2017-10-09
- Terberg Electric Truck Uses Allison Transmission, Launch with GCW up to 65 Tons 2017-09-12
- Waste Disposal Company Improves Driver Safety and Productivity with Allison 2017-07-18
- WOMA High-pressure Water Cleaner with an Allison Transmission Offers More Power 2017-07-07
- Allison Automatic Transmissions Superior for City Distribution 2017-06-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Truck & Bus Enters Cooperation with Hino Motors
- The Age of Smart Manufacturing Has Dawned for XCMG
- Waymo Unveils Self-Driving Semi Truck Pilot Program In Georgia
- Chinese Branded Trucks are Favored by Kenyan Haulage Firms
- FAW Jiefang and Continental AG to Jointly Build Internet of Commercial Vehicles
- India Commercial Vehicle OEMs See Robust Growth in February
- CEO of Geely-owned Volvo Loses Board Seat after Geely Buys Daimler 9.7% Stake
- Party Secretary of Bank of Communications Shandong Branch YuQichun Visited CNHTC
- Warren Buffett Says These 4 CEOs Are Among the Best
- Turkey Hits the Highest Level in Both Automotive, Automobile Production in 2017
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017