JAC Motor Signs Agreement with GHNL for Light Trucks Assembly in Pakistan
Ghandhara Nissan Limited (GHNL) has signed a joint venture agreement with JAC Motors for the import, assembly, and distribution ofX200 light trucks in Pakistan.
The company informed the Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) through a notice on Friday in which it attached its already published advertisements in newspapers.
JAC Motors is a Chinese automaker with over 50 years of experience in manufacturing various kinds of vehicles. It claims to be in the top 10 players in the Chinese auto industry.
Investing with Renault Ghandhara Nissan says partnership will attract $100m
GHNL’s stock price hit the upper limit after the announcement; the stock opened at Rs262.10 and ended the day at Rs274.59 for an increase of Rs12.49. The share did well on a day when the KSE-100 Index was down 0.78%.
X200 light trucks are a dual rear-wheel variant with a 2.8L engine, available in Euro I, II, III and IV specifications. Its 2.0L variant has a Euro V engine. This will compete with Dewan Farooq’s popular Shehzore 1-ton single rear-wheel truck and Shehzore 1-ton dual rear-wheel truck.
Last year, Dewan Farooque Motors Limited (DFML) announced to resume the production of 2.6L Shehzore after entering into a toll manufacturing agreement with Daehan-Dewan Motor Company Private Limited, which is a joint venture between Dewan Yousuf Companies and the Kolao Group based in Laos and South Korea.
Ghandhara Nissan gears up for comeback
DFML also intends to introduce 1.5-ton Shehzore truck and a 1,600cc engine capacity sport utility vehicle (SUV) in collaboration with Ssangyong China in 2017. It also plans to launch passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and SUVs in collaboration with Kia Motors, Korea over the next three years.
Meanwhile, GHNL has a technical assistance agreement with Nissan Motor Co, Japan and Joint Venture Agreement with Nissan Diesel Co, Japan for the progressive assembly of passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and heavy duty vehicles. The company’s car and truck plants are located at Port Qasim, Karachi.
After years of stagnant economic activity and poor automobile sales, Pakistan is witnessing huge demand in heavy vehicles due to the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), macroeconomic stability and relative improvement in the country’s security situation.
Ghandhara Nissan’s earnings up 30%
Auto industry officials say the demand of cars and other vehicles is expected to grow in coming years due to which a number of international auto makers have expressed interest in establishing their manufacturing plants in Pakistan.
France’s Renault and South Korea’s Hyundai and Kia have also announced to start assemblies in Pakistan, in partnership with local companies. This will mark a return for Kia and Hyundai, which left in the previous decade when their local partner suffered financial problems. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- JAC Oman Distributor Brings Exciting Cash Gift to Customers 2018-04-24
- Parkistan Ghandhara Begans Assembly JAC Light Truck X200 2018-04-24
- JAC Held Its International Annual Conference 2018 2018-04-24
- JAC Shuailing All-Electric i5 Set to Assist Sustainable Urban Development 2018-04-13
- JAC T6 Enters into Bengal Market 2018-03-29
- JAC’s World-class Light Truck Plant, Xingang Production Base, Begin Production 2018-03-23
- Chinese Automaker JAC to Launch New SUV, Pickup in Mexico 2018-03-21
- The 50000th Truck Coming Out of JAC Sichuan Factory 2018-03-21
- Monthly Sales of JAC Shuailing T6 Ranked the Second 2018-03-19
- CNHTC, Dongfeng and JAC Seizes Opportunities Brought By Belt and Road Initiative 2018-03-15
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- JAC Motor Signs Agreement with GHNL for Light Trucks Assembly in Pakistan
- Volvo to Share Electric Truck Battery Tech Across Its Brands
- XCMG - a Symbol of Deep China-Pakistan Friendship
- JAC Held Its International Annual Conference 2018
- VW Truck & Bus Enters Cooperation with Hino Motors
- The Age of Smart Manufacturing Has Dawned for XCMG
- Waymo Unveils Self-Driving Semi Truck Pilot Program In Georgia
- Chinese Branded Trucks are Favored by Kenyan Haulage Firms
- FAW Jiefang and Continental AG to Jointly Build Internet of Commercial Vehicles
- India Commercial Vehicle OEMs See Robust Growth in February
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017