JAC Motor Signs Agreement with GHNL for Light Trucks Assembly in Pakistan
Ghandhara Nissan Limited (GHNL) has signed a joint venture agreement with JAC Motors for the import, assembly, and distribution ofX200 light trucks in Pakistan.
The company informed the Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) through a notice on Friday in which it attached its already published advertisements in newspapers.
JAC Motors is a Chinese automaker with over 50 years of experience in manufacturing various kinds of vehicles. It claims to be in the top 10 players in the Chinese auto industry.
Investing with Renault Ghandhara Nissan says partnership will attract $100m
GHNL’s stock price hit the upper limit after the announcement; the stock opened at Rs262.10 and ended the day at Rs274.59 for an increase of Rs12.49. The share did well on a day when the KSE-100 Index was down 0.78%.
X200 light trucks are a dual rear-wheel variant with a 2.8L engine, available in Euro I, II, III and IV specifications. Its 2.0L variant has a Euro V engine. This will compete with Dewan Farooq’s popular Shehzore 1-ton single rear-wheel truck and Shehzore 1-ton dual rear-wheel truck.
Last year, Dewan Farooque Motors Limited (DFML) announced to resume the production of 2.6L Shehzore after entering into a toll manufacturing agreement with Daehan-Dewan Motor Company Private Limited, which is a joint venture between Dewan Yousuf Companies and the Kolao Group based in Laos and South Korea.
Ghandhara Nissan gears up for comeback
DFML also intends to introduce 1.5-ton Shehzore truck and a 1,600cc engine capacity sport utility vehicle (SUV) in collaboration with Ssangyong China in 2017. It also plans to launch passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and SUVs in collaboration with Kia Motors, Korea over the next three years.
Meanwhile, GHNL has a technical assistance agreement with Nissan Motor Co, Japan and Joint Venture Agreement with Nissan Diesel Co, Japan for the progressive assembly of passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and heavy duty vehicles. The company’s car and truck plants are located at Port Qasim, Karachi.
After years of stagnant economic activity and poor automobile sales, Pakistan is witnessing huge demand in heavy vehicles due to the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), macroeconomic stability and relative improvement in the country’s security situation.
Ghandhara Nissan’s earnings up 30%
Auto industry officials say the demand of cars and other vehicles is expected to grow in coming years due to which a number of international auto makers have expressed interest in establishing their manufacturing plants in Pakistan.
France’s Renault and South Korea’s Hyundai and Kia have also announced to start assemblies in Pakistan, in partnership with local companies. This will mark a return for Kia and Hyundai, which left in the previous decade when their local partner suffered financial problems. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- JAC Shuailing Continues to Strengthen its Presence in Asia 2018-08-02
- Over 22,000 JAC Shuailing Trucks Sold in Africa 2018-07-27
- 100 JAC Shualing Refragerator Trucks Delivered to Customer in Shanghai 2018-07-25
- JAC Shuailing New Logistics World Truck Enters Chengdu 2018-07-23
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018 2018-07-12
- JAC Shuailing's Total Sales Volume Reaches 350,000 Units 2018-07-05
- JAC Construction Dump Truck Excels in Mountainous Region 2018-06-27
- JAC Gallop Successfully Went Through Tests in South America 2018-06-19
- JAC Pick-up Entered South American Plateau T6 Released Into Bolivia 2018-06-08
- The winners of "Mr. JAC" came to China to accept their prizes 2018-05-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November