Foton Motor Won China's First Autonomous Driving Road Test License for CVs
On April 18, 2018, China’s autonomous driving test launched in Chongqing, which is held by China Automotive Engineering Research Institute(CAERI). Foton Motor was awarded with the autonomous driving road test license passing through tests with 100% success, became the unique commercial vehicle enterprise owning the official authority license in autonomous driving in China.
CAERI is the first qualified third-party agency of autonomous vehicle road test with governmental authorization. The reason why the test is performed in Chongqing is that the city boosts cover 85% traffic scenes and environment of the world, including express rings, long tunnel, ramp, curve and bridge, as well as complicated traffic condition like 3D city and 5D public transport system, which are of practical significance to application and development of China autonomous vehicle technology.
100% succeed autonomous driving tests, realizing autonomous driving in L3 semi-enclosed area.
Foton Motor autonomous truck can give command to itself based on the detection of surrounding environment to change lanes safely. The truck avoids itself from sliding when running uphill/downhill. In case of running on a two-lane one-way road, the truck identifies obstacle or a slow moving vehicle in front and by pass when it is safe. In case of encountering a pedestrian on a single laneway, the truck decelerates and brakes; it adapts to driving speed of front vehicle in the vehicle-following ACC and keeps safe distance from the front vehicle. According to the tests performed by the experts, the truck is capable of autonomous driving in L3 semi-enclosed area, including auto map generation based on running track, auto turning, pedestrian identifying, AEBS, ACC, LKA, auto lane change, TSR, traffic lights recognition and high accuracy positioning.
The tests show that intelligent driving technology of Foton Motor has been completely applied and become a leading enterprise in the area. Besides, the road test in Chongqing has provided Foton Motor with mass data of smart driving technology applications.
As a Foton Motor is enhancing upgrading of autonomous driving technology continuously to expand the technology application from enclosed and semi-enclosed scenes like Logistics, mining area and sea port to open working scenes. Foton Motor will meet demands of different users by focusing light duty truck on intelligent park logistics and municipal sanitation scenes, heavy duty truck on mining area, sea port and wharf, bus on smart urban commuting and smart urban passenger transport and VAN on shuttling in parks and scenic area. Foton Motor will lead the industry of domestic autonomous driving with innovative technologies and build its competitiveness in the world with intelligent technologies. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Foton Daimler and Weichai Jointly Launch Two Auman Trucks 2018-04-25
- Foton to Release Five New Vehicle Models at Auto China 2018 2018-04-20
- Foton Philippines Introduces Blue Energized EST Tractor Head 2018-04-20
- Foton Unveils Two Tunland Pickups in Beijing 2018-04-17
- Foton Philippines Makes Getting Parts Easier for Customers 2018-04-16
- Foton Received an Order for 1000 ETX Car Carrier Trailers 2018-04-11
- Foton Xiangling Got a 1,000-Unit Order from RRS 2018-04-09
- Foton Ollin Jieyun D30 M4 Super Light Truck Makes its Debut 2018-04-03
- Foton Auman Green Intelligent Construction Waste Trucks Arrived in Xiong’an 2018-04-02
- Foton Philippines Rise with 18.5% Growth in 2017 for Passenger and Light Truck 2018-02-10
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- JAC Motor Signs Agreement with GHNL for Light Trucks Assembly in Pakistan
- Volvo to Share Electric Truck Battery Tech Across Its Brands
- XCMG - a Symbol of Deep China-Pakistan Friendship
- JAC Held Its International Annual Conference 2018
- VW Truck & Bus Enters Cooperation with Hino Motors
- The Age of Smart Manufacturing Has Dawned for XCMG
- Waymo Unveils Self-Driving Semi Truck Pilot Program In Georgia
- Chinese Branded Trucks are Favored by Kenyan Haulage Firms
- FAW Jiefang and Continental AG to Jointly Build Internet of Commercial Vehicles
- India Commercial Vehicle OEMs See Robust Growth in February
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017