Foton Motor Won China's First Autonomous Driving Road Test License for CVs
On April 18, 2018, China’s autonomous driving test launched in Chongqing, which is held by China Automotive Engineering Research Institute(CAERI). Foton Motor was awarded with the autonomous driving road test license passing through tests with 100% success, became the unique commercial vehicle enterprise owning the official authority license in autonomous driving in China.
CAERI is the first qualified third-party agency of autonomous vehicle road test with governmental authorization. The reason why the test is performed in Chongqing is that the city boosts cover 85% traffic scenes and environment of the world, including express rings, long tunnel, ramp, curve and bridge, as well as complicated traffic condition like 3D city and 5D public transport system, which are of practical significance to application and development of China autonomous vehicle technology.
100% succeed autonomous driving tests, realizing autonomous driving in L3 semi-enclosed area.
Foton Motor autonomous truck can give command to itself based on the detection of surrounding environment to change lanes safely. The truck avoids itself from sliding when running uphill/downhill. In case of running on a two-lane one-way road, the truck identifies obstacle or a slow moving vehicle in front and by pass when it is safe. In case of encountering a pedestrian on a single laneway, the truck decelerates and brakes; it adapts to driving speed of front vehicle in the vehicle-following ACC and keeps safe distance from the front vehicle. According to the tests performed by the experts, the truck is capable of autonomous driving in L3 semi-enclosed area, including auto map generation based on running track, auto turning, pedestrian identifying, AEBS, ACC, LKA, auto lane change, TSR, traffic lights recognition and high accuracy positioning.
The tests show that intelligent driving technology of Foton Motor has been completely applied and become a leading enterprise in the area. Besides, the road test in Chongqing has provided Foton Motor with mass data of smart driving technology applications.
As a Foton Motor is enhancing upgrading of autonomous driving technology continuously to expand the technology application from enclosed and semi-enclosed scenes like Logistics, mining area and sea port to open working scenes. Foton Motor will meet demands of different users by focusing light duty truck on intelligent park logistics and municipal sanitation scenes, heavy duty truck on mining area, sea port and wharf, bus on smart urban commuting and smart urban passenger transport and VAN on shuttling in parks and scenic area. Foton Motor will lead the industry of domestic autonomous driving with innovative technologies and build its competitiveness in the world with intelligent technologies. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Foton Forland Held its 2018 Mid-term Business Conference in Harbin 2018-08-15
- Foton Motor Launched Auman EST A in Malaysia 2018-08-13
- Foton and Italian Piaggio Group Compeletes Final Step in Partnership for LCV 2018-07-20
- New Foton Auman ETX Car Transporter Delivered to Customers 2018-07-18
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand 2018-07-13
- Foton Auman EST Rolls out a New Version for Transporting Dangerous Chemicals 2018-07-06
- Foton Aumark Launches After-sales Service Campaign in Iran 2018-07-06
- 100 Foton Light Trucks Delivered to Vietnam J&T Express 2018-07-03
- FOTON Opened Its 25th Philippine Dealership - Talisay Dealership 2018-06-28
- Foton Aumark Electric Logistics Vehicle Attends EVTec China 2018 2018-06-26
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November