Chinese Automaker JAC Forms Joint Venture with Cummins
Fortune 500 corporation Cummins Inc., headquartered in the U.S. state of Indiana, announced it would form a 50:50 joint venture with China's Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co. Ltd., local media on Monday quoted a press release of the U.S. company as saying.
The joint venture is formed after Cummins purchased Navistar's 50 percent equity of the JAC-Navistar Diesel Engine Company, the Inside Indiana Business website reported.
"Cummins and JAC share similar values. ... By strengthening our relationship, we can focus on becoming more competitive in our markets by developing and offering high-quality, clean and fuel-efficient products," Steve Chapman, Cummins Group Vice President for China and Russia, said in the press release.
The new joint venture will continue its operations at the manufacturing facility in Hefei, capital of east China's Anhui Province.
Cummins currently supplies light-duty, mid-range and heavy-duty engines to JAC Motors for its domestic market in China as well as its global operations.
"By integrating our equipment expertise with Cummins' world-class technological and power train capabilities, we are confident we have the right formula in place for tremendous success," said Xiang Xingchu, general manager of JAC Motors.
Chinese market contributed 5.56 billion U.S. dollars in sales for Cummins in 2017, growing 38 percent from the previous year. It is one of the largest and fastest growing overseas market for Cummins.
The company also maintains cooperation with a number of other Chinese manufacturers, including those based in the country's central and western parts. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- JAC Shuailing Continues to Strengthen its Presence in Asia 2018-08-02
- Over 22,000 JAC Shuailing Trucks Sold in Africa 2018-07-27
- 100 JAC Shualing Refragerator Trucks Delivered to Customer in Shanghai 2018-07-25
- JAC Shuailing New Logistics World Truck Enters Chengdu 2018-07-23
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018 2018-07-12
- JAC Shuailing's Total Sales Volume Reaches 350,000 Units 2018-07-05
- JAC Construction Dump Truck Excels in Mountainous Region 2018-06-27
- JAC Gallop Successfully Went Through Tests in South America 2018-06-19
- JAC Pick-up Entered South American Plateau T6 Released Into Bolivia 2018-06-08
- The winners of "Mr. JAC" came to China to accept their prizes 2018-05-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November