JW Forland Plans to Produce Dump, Cargo Trucks in Pakistan
JW Forland has planned to produce dump trucks, cargo trucks, and special purpose vehicles in Pakistan with an installed capacity of 30,000 units per annum.
The company has made the plan in the wake of Pakistan’s Auto Industry Development Policy 2016-21 that has eased the entry of new players into Pakistan’s market. JW Forland has also got encouragement from the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), which has given a push to the demand for heavy vehicles in the country.
“We are planning to open 20 nationwide dealerships. In the first phase, our dealerships will be established in Karachi, Lahore, Rahim Yar Khan, Peshawar, Islamabad, Abbottabad, Faisalabad, Hyderabad, Sialkot, and Sukkur,” JW Group President Shah Faisal Afridi told The Express Tribune.
In future, he said, the company would roll out more and more products based on market requirement.
According to Afridi, now more and more emerging companies, like JW Forland, will be established in Pakistan. JW Forland is a partnership between Pakistan’s JW Group and Foton China.
The two joint-venture partners have planned to invest equally in the project with 50% shareholding each.
JW Forland has no plans to enter the passenger car segment in the near future. It will produce cargo trucks namely Bravo 1.0 (1,809cc), Bravo 3.0 (2,771cc), Bravo 3+ (2,771cc) and Bravo 7.5 (3,760cc) and a dump truck called Alpha 3.0 (2,771cc).
These vehicles will be used as road sweepers and garbage compactors and their production has already started.
JW Forland, according to Afridi, will also advocate minimum carbon footprint, thus, promoting cleaner and greener Pakistan.
“We have installed the first emission testing facility in Pakistan to make sure our vehicles produce minimum carbon footprint,” he said.
The company would target price-conscious buyers, he said, adding that all automobile companies were their competitors, especially companies catering to the commercial segment.
The JW Group president was of the view that Pakistan’s auto industry lacked advanced technology, adding there had not been much competition in the past, but the government later allowed the import of used vehicles.
“As many new automobile companies are coming to Pakistan, it is important that imports of vehicles are cut down, so these new entrants can reap benefits of our blossoming economy,” he added.
Apart from JW Forland, several other manufacturers like Ghandhara Nissan, Daehan-Dewan, Hyundai-Nishat and other companies have already entered or will be entering Pakistan’s light commercial vehicle market.
Following the introduction of the new auto policy, several carmakers such as Kia, Hyundai and SsangYong Motor Company of South Korea, Germany’s Volkswagen, France’s Renault and Japan’s Nissan have announced partnerships with local entities to enter Pakistan’s market, most probably in the next one year.
Kia has recently launched its new Grand Carnival 11-seater family passenger car and one-tonne pick-up in the completely built unit (CBU) form. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- 757 Units Foton Tunland Pickups to be Delivered to State Grid 2018-06-08
- Foton Aumark S5 Makes its Debut 2018-06-07
- Foton Delivers Brock Road Sweeper for the Upcoming SCO Summit 2018-06-05
- Weichai WP13 550 Horsepower Engine Widely Used Among High-end Trucks 2018-05-31
- Foton Aumark C Truck Officially Enters South Africa 2018-05-25
- Foton Motor and Piaggio Group of Italy Team up for New Range of LCVs 2018-05-23
- Foton and Henan Bingxiong Sign a Deal for 1,000 Cold Chain Logistics Vehicles 2018-05-15
- Foton Ends April with Sales of 4,400 Units Aumark 2018-05-14
- Trend of Heavy-duty Truck Revealed by Beijing Auto Show 2018-05-11
- China’s Heavy Duty Truck Sales Up 16 pct in April 2018-05-09
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Daimler Unveils Two Heavy-duty Electric Trucks in Race with Tesla
- JD.com Launches Solar Delivery Trucks in Green Logistics Push
- JD.com Unveils Self-driving Truck
- Suning Completes Testing of China’s First Autonomous Logistic Heavy Truck
- C&C Trucks Attends World Manufacturing Convention 2018
- Launch of XCMG E-Commerce Dual Platform
- XCMG Predits Solid Growth as Global Demand for Equipment Increases
- SOJEN Attends Sri Lanka International Construction Engineering Equipment Expo
- The winners of "Mr. JAC" came to China to accept their prizes
- A Record High! XCMG’s Performance in the First Quarter Rose across the Board
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017