New Cummins X12 Engine to be First Introduced to Refuse Market by Autocar Trucks
Autocar Trucks will be the first truck manufacturer to offer the new CumminsX12 engine to customers serving the refuse industry. The X12 12-liter diesel engine has remarkably reduced weight, enabling waste and recyclables haulers to handle more material and simultaneously lower their operating costs. Autocar will begin accepting orders in June for X12-powered ACX trucks to be produced in October of this year, immediately after Cummins begins full U.S. production of the X12. Autocar will offer the X12 across all Class 8 severe-duty vocational applications.
"Autocar is focused on bringing innovations to the market with real, tangible benefits to our customers," said Jim Johnston, President of Autocar. "This new engine puts more cash in our customers' pockets, plain and simple. We're gratified that Cummins trusts us to bring the X12 engine to the refuse market first."
The new X12 engine out-performs all competitors from 11 to 13 liters due to its high power density. Haulers with the Autocar ACX and X12 engine will see a significant weight savings of 733 lbs. versus the previous 12-liter engine, which directly relates to 733 lbs. more payload available. The weight saving is achieved through an innovative sculpted block design, as well as weight reduction in the after-treatment system, power take-off, and other components. The X12 also offers improved low-speed torque, even with similar horsepower ratings.
Autocar's integration of the X12 also boasts lowered operating costs due to extended maintenance intervals, 25% fewer parts, and a 6% improvement in fuel economy due to enhanced engine efficiency and reduction of parasitic loss. The fuel savings alone equates to $10,800 over the life of a typical garbage truck at current diesel prices.
"We are excited to continue our partnership with Autocar through the introduction of Cummins' next generation X12 diesel engine in Autocar's ACX chassis" said Brett Merritt, Cummins' Vice President, On Highway Engine Business. "Autocar is a key player in the North America refuse market and this introduction will further our current collaboration across natural gas and diesel platforms."
"Built around improved uptime and reliability, the X12 will be in prime position to support Autocar's vision of ‘Always Up®'", continued Merritt.
The X12 engine was tested in diverse terrain across the United States and Canada. Over two million miles of field testing was conducted across the full spectrum of applications. Drivers will notice smoother operation with fewer downshifts and even more responsive torque at low speeds.
Adam Burck, Vice President of Brand Management at Autocar Trucks, noted, "Autocar serves eight of the ten largest cities in America. It's important to them that Autocar is the only major American-ownedcompany assembling cab-over refuse trucks in America. Bringing innovations to the market with our key suppliers, such as Cummins, helps us continue to create American manufacturing jobs." (www.chinatrucks.com)
- The Two Millionth Heavy Duty Engine Just Produced at Cummins' Jamestown Plant 2018-07-27
- Shacman Cummins Held Promotion in Chile 2018-06-13
- Chinese Automaker JAC Forms Joint Venture with Cummins 2018-05-15
- Autocar Trucks to Offer First New Cummins X12 Engines in North America 2018-04-18
- SHACMAN Cummins Power Continues to Strengthen its Presence in Zambia 2018-04-18
- Dongfeng Cummins ISZ Engine Took Part in 2018 Dakar Rally 2018-03-23
- Five Major Events in Cummins in 2017 2018-02-09
- Cummins Inc. Sales up Record 17% for Year, 22% for Quarter 2018-02-09
- Dongfeng Cummins ISZ Engine Makes Entry into New Market 2018-02-09
- Cummins Acquires Johnson Matthey’s Automotive Battery Systems Business 2018-02-02
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November